Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Intermittent 4h Engaged

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

tkw138

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:53 PM

tkw138

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Mar 21 2011, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When it is on my Rexton, it occurred randomly.. sometimes few times a day, sometimes few days once. The day is referring to day that I drive because I don't drive everyday.

Thanks bro r3xt0n letting me have his "faulty" 4WD control switch for analysis & rescue.
After some initial analysis, I have a strong feeling it wasn't a defective on the switch itself but more on human error...

I serviced the unit and it is on my ride now. Keeping fingers crossed. Let wait and see... blush.gif

r3xt0n

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:49 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (tkw138 @ Jun 19 2011, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks bro r3xt0n letting me have his "faulty" 4WD control switch for analysis & rescue.
After some initial analysis, I have a strong feeling it wasn't a defective on the switch itself but more on human error...

I serviced the unit and it is on my ride now. Keeping fingers crossed. Let wait and see... blush.gif

The faulty condition not happening too frequently. Sometimes once a few days and sometimes few times a day, depending on its mood. Hopefully, your servicing can really help and we can then have another DIY tasks.

penapis

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:09 AM

penapis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
im really2 pissed off with my 4WDHigh....frequently appear esp when want to park the rexton...hard to take corner... going to see Mr Teng this morning...

my brake also tak makan dah.... check td seems alike the reservoir cap a bit loose...tighten it back....look like ok jer...tgk lak esok.. dont say its my servo....like mat salleh problem before..

rx270xdi

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:41 AM

rx270xdi

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
QUOTE (penapis @ Jun 22 2011, 02:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im really2 pissed off with my 4WDHigh....frequently appear esp when want to park the rexton...hard to take corner... going to see Mr Teng this morning...

my brake also tak makan dah.... check td seems alike the reservoir cap a bit loose...tighten it back....look like ok jer...tgk lak esok.. dont say its my servo....like mat salleh problem before..

Hi Bro,

Take time slowly to find out what the problem. The 4H light frequently appear is because of the switch problem, you should get ready the switch before you see Teng, it is cheap, very cheap. If the brake tak makan, is it because the brake pad tak makan? or either you didn't change the brake oil tak makan.? Can you pls tell me, how you feel when you press on the brake paddle..? is it soft or hard..? or is it feeling like no so smooth..? because there is manything can cause the brake tak makan! Vacuum hose leaking, Brake pad overheated, brake oil line is with bubble (oil check inside the brake line), Servo Problem leaking and etc.

tkw138

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:41 AM

tkw138

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Bros who are facing this problem, please join this coming TT at PJ (refer bro r3xt0n signature for more details) and we can have a look on your 4WD control switch.
Hope we can help you.
I think most bros were/are frastrated when this 4WD comes in unexpectedly.
I'm testing a "faulty" unit but so far it is working ok for 2 days after service.
I can't tell you we have the solution now but there is something I can share with you (to those that appear in this coming TT)...we need your support...SEE you this SATURDAY!

I believe RexII doesn't have the same problem.
Bros with RexII, your time to comment... smile_wink.gif

rx270xdi

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:43 AM

rx270xdi

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Jun 19 2011, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The faulty condition not happening too frequently. Sometimes once a few days and sometimes few times a day, depending on its mood. Hopefully, your servicing can really help and we can then have another DIY tasks.

Wah Bro,

What your means of (sometime once a few day and sometimes few times a day..? Depending on Mood!!!!?

Hahahaha

r3xt0n

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:07 AM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (tkw138 @ Jun 22 2011, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bros who are facing this problem, please join this coming TT at PJ (refer bro r3xt0n signature for more details) and we can have a look on your 4WD control switch.
Hope we can help you.
I think most bros were/are frastrated when this 4WD comes in unexpectedly.
I'm testing a "faulty" unit but so far it is working ok for 2 days after service.
I can't tell you we have the solution now but there is something I can share with you (to those that appear in this coming TT)...we need your support...SEE you this SATURDAY!

I believe RexII doesn't have the same problem.
Bros with RexII, your time to comment... smile_wink.gif

Good that it has been working fine for last 2 days, another solution to be proven soon.

Maybe after you tested OK, we can offer 4WD Switch Recond service.. hahahaha

r3xt0n

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:09 AM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts

Before you fixed the problem, can disable the 4WD by shutting the vacuum hose from the Solenoid Valve to activate hub locking. It is located below battery and quite easily to disable/enable back.

penapis

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:17 AM

penapis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
On 22 June, the 4WD make me pissed off.
On 23 June, the 4WD pujuk me back and never ever appear....
let see what happen today...

tkw138

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:52 AM

tkw138

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
QUOTE (penapis @ Jun 23 2011, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On 22 June, the 4WD make me pissed off.
On 23 June, the 4WD pujuk me back and never ever appear....
let see what happen today...

Be patient bro... trink28.gif
I'm doing further tests on my ride... Hopefully will get better result for our bros.
So, make sure you appear this Sat. Let me pujuk your ride a bit so that it will not gila again...hopefully for the rest of your Rexy's life!
Believe me, somehow your 4WD system is short circuit...at certain degree. Some Rex facing this frequent than the other.
Need a closer look...smile_clown.gif
And it is so funny, if I say it is short circuit, why it is intermittent?
I can try explain later... smile_evil.gif
Again, be sure you turn up this Sat at PJ!