Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Intermittent 4h Engaged

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

r3xt0n

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:00 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
Symptoms
Intermittent 4H Engaging the front wheel without your activation at the switch. It disable on its own after awhile without any deactivation as well. When you activate 4H manually, it engage and disengage normally.

If you are accelerating at speed above 80kmh, 4H will start blinking and your power is cut. Will have to restart engine to reset it.

Effect
i. Could be damaging Propeller Shaft to engage 4H on tar road at speed above 80kmh.
ii. Annoying to keep speed below 80kmh when the problem occur.
iii. Could be dangerous if you are on downhill drive cornering at high speed with such problem.

Solution

i. SC recommended to replace the whole set from 4WD Switch Assembly to Shift Motor.

ii. Testing out if the problem is due to the Switch only. Have exchange mine with Bro Spacebar to test out for several days.

Here are the photos

spacebar

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:26 PM

spacebar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
bro , so far ur switch works fine on my rex. 2W / 4H / 4L all functioning , no auto engage 4W

how's the switch on ur rex ?

r3xt0n

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:58 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (spacebar @ Mar 15 2011, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bro , so far ur switch works fine on my rex. 2W / 4H / 4L all functioning , no auto engage 4W

how's the switch on ur rex ?

Have been working well for the entire day... but I just drove from the workshop to my home that is less than 5 mins away, will be good test during this weekend drive.

The Grik Trip, I might be going alone, you can join me if you don't wish to drive yours.

rx270xdi

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:19 PM

rx270xdi

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Mar 15 2011, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have been working well for the entire day... but I just drove from the workshop to my home that is less than 5 mins away, will be good test during this weekend drive.

The Grik Trip, I might be going alone, you can join me if you don't wish to drive yours.

Hi Bro,

Your new 4H switch is with me now, look everything same...Cheap yah...

byebye2u

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:23 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (rx270xdi @ Mar 18 2011, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Bro,

Your new 4H switch is with me now, look everything same...Cheap yah...

maybe a few at used car also have the same cheap problem?

r3xt0n

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:04 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Mar 18 2011, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
maybe a few at used car also have the same cheap problem?

Must test drive and try its manual operation to confirm if it is the same problem. If kena the Switch Motor problem, its not cheap.

spacebar

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:19 PM

spacebar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Mar 18 2011, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Must test drive and try its manual operation to confirm if it is the same problem. If kena the Switch Motor problem, its not cheap.

ur switch just auto engage once only after these days , how frequent it engage on ur rex ?

r3xt0n

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:26 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (spacebar @ Mar 19 2011, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ur switch just auto engage once only after these days , how frequent it engage on ur rex ?

When it is on my Rexton, it occurred randomly.. sometimes few times a day, sometimes few days once. The day is referring to day that I drive because I don't drive everyday.

On the trip to Grik Air Banum with 2 hour off-road drive (1 hour each way), your switch on my Rexton is working great without any problem. Just changed to a new switch today, it is in grey color although ours are black but it is alright as long as it work fine. Hopefully this solved the problem permanently.

rx270xdi

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:19 PM

rx270xdi

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Mar 21 2011, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When it is on my Rexton, it occurred randomly.. sometimes few times a day, sometimes few days once. The day is referring to day that I drive because I don't drive everyday.

On the trip to Grik Air Banum with 2 hour off-road drive (1 hour each way), your switch on my Rexton is working great without any problem. Just changed to a new switch today, it is in grey color although ours are black but it is alright as long as it work fine. Hopefully this solved the problem permanently.

You still owe me a Dinner and Drink....Hahahaha

r3xt0n

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:28 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (rx270xdi @ Mar 22 2011, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You still owe me a Dinner and Drink....Hahahaha

Dinner & Drink always waiting you in Ipoh. hahahaha