Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

3rd Group Buy - Engine Oil & Atf Oil

• Please log in to reply

bk4t9

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:09 PM

bk4t9

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
QUOTE (phoong2323 @ Mar 13 2011, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

I am having a 270xdi Rexton for a couple of years now. Have been using Caltex Delo400 for oil change, but intermittently used SC oil whenever Caltex Delo400 out of stock. Thinking of trying Titan. Can I buy 1 pail 18L even if I am not a member of your club yet?

My ride: 2004 Rexton xdi270, part-time, auto-foam, koni yellow, k&n.

Hi,
Y not U join us a s a member n share abt ur 2 yrs xperience with ur rexton.
<P> </P>

phoong2323

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:50 PM

phoong2323

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
QUOTE (bk4t9 @ Mar 13 2011, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,
Y not U join us a s a member n share abt ur 2 yrs xperience with ur rexton.

Hi,

Thanks for the invite. When I'm back (overseas now), I'll definitely join you guys. I've been having the Rexton for 7 years now and have done too much to it to be able to sell it. My Rexton so far is ok without any major repairs but done the recommended regular servicing and maintenance.

I am listing down some of the upgrades done 6 years ago:-
a. ECU remapping - done 6 by ex-CS guy who has gone working in US;
b. Auto-foam - chassis, pillars, bonnet;
c. Sound-proof - floor, doors, roof;
d. Koni yellow suspensions - initially very stiff esp going over yellow-strips. Then install Red rubber-coils on the Koni
and okay again;
e. K&N filter

Recently, I have asked Petaling Utama CS to install a washer in the Transfer Case which would disable my part-time 4WD system. Costs me rm80, since I travel highways at the time. So now the 4H/4L/2H switches are non-functioning at the present moment. This is to prevent accidental pressing of the buttons and activation of the 4wd system. But any time I needed to use back the system, I just take it back to CS and pull-out the washer.

Sorry for writing too long....... blush.gif

r3xt0n

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:00 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (phoong2323 @ Mar 13 2011, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

I am having a 270xdi Rexton for a couple of years now. Have been using Caltex Delo400 for oil change, but intermittently used SC oil whenever Caltex Delo400 out of stock. Thinking of trying Titan. Can I buy 1 pail 18L even if I am not a member of your club yet?

My ride: 2004 Rexton xdi270, part-time, auto-foam, koni yellow, k&n.

Bro, you can intro yourselves at http://forum.autowor...h...60&start=60 to be added to Rextonian List, it is free and open to all Rexton owners. You can always placed your order with us and make payment to bank account that I will PM to you.

r3xt0n

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:16 AM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (phoong2323 @ Mar 13 2011, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

Thanks for the invite. When I'm back (overseas now), I'll definitely join you guys. I've been having the Rexton for 7 years now and have done too much to it to be able to sell it. My Rexton so far is ok without any major repairs but done the recommended regular servicing and maintenance.

d. Koni yellow suspensions - initially very stiff esp going over yellow-strips. Then install Red rubber-coils on the Koni
and okay again;
e. K&N filter

Recently, I have asked Petaling Utama CS to install a washer in the Transfer Case which would disable my part-time 4WD system. Costs me rm80, since I travel highways at the time. So now the 4H/4L/2H switches are non-functioning at the present moment. This is to prevent accidental pressing of the buttons and activation of the 4wd system. But any time I needed to use back the system, I just take it back to CS and pull-out the washer.

Thanks bro for sharing on the mod you have done, you could be the one who did the most mod.

It would be great if you could share more about your Rexton Mod.

Example How is the result after remapping? What is your current HP and Torque on wheel now? Also like to know the result after Auto Foam and Sound Proofing.

byebye2u

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:03 AM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (phoong2323 @ Mar 13 2011, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

and okay again;
e. K&N filter

he he he..fast and furious gang..join my club bro.. btw, even after all the remap can you exceed 195km/h??

phoong2323

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:19 AM

phoong2323

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Mar 14 2011, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks bro for sharing on the mod you have done, you could be the one who did the most mod.

It would be great if you could share more about your Rexton Mod.

Example How is the result after remapping? What is your current HP and Torque on wheel now? Also like to know the result after Auto Foam and Sound Proofing.

Actually I think I have overdone it. Costs too much. Maybe when I'm back in Malaysia, I could show you guys my ride. Or I could take photos and post online. All the modifications were done 6 years ago (except the disabling the internal air-con climate controller done 2 years' back):-
a. Autofoam - done by KL Auto (Jalan Pahang KL).
b. Sound-proofing - KF Audio. You would hear thud-thud sound when you knock my car doors and d-pillar.
c. Air-con not bone-chilling cold - Result: ask aircon-man in Petaling Utama (near Hindu Sangam office) to pull out
in/out tubes from engine compartment into the aircon climate controller. Costs RM30. Cannot use the
cabin temperature control but at lowest fan speed, the aircon is very "bone-chilling" cold.

Actually, I think the combination (autofoam + sound-proof + koni yellow/red rubber) resulted in a quieter and firmer ride in the Rexton. I would invite fellow members to test out my ride during members' tt.

r3xt0n

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:24 AM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (phoong2323 @ Mar 14 2011, 01:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually I think I have overdone it. Costs too much. Maybe when I'm back in Malaysia, I could show you guys my ride. Or I could take photos and post online. All the modifications were done 6 years ago (except the disabling the internal air-con climate controller done 2 years' back):-
b. Sound-proofing - KF Audio. You would hear thud-thud sound when you knock my car doors and d-pillar.
c. Air-con not bone-chilling cold - Result: ask aircon-man in Petaling Utama (near Hindu Sangam office) to pull out
in/out tubes from engine compartment into the aircon climate controller. Costs RM30. Cannot use the
cabin temperature control but at lowest fan speed, the aircon is very "bone-chilling" cold.

Actually, I think the combination (autofoam + sound-proof + koni yellow/red rubber) resulted in a quieter and firmer ride in the Rexton. I would invite fellow members to test out my ride during members' tt.

When will you back to M'sia? Our next TT should be on 2nd of April. I am sure plenty of bros would be very interested to check out your Rexton that has did all the necessary Mod. Did you consider add Ultra Racing bars?

phoong2323

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:30 AM

phoong2323

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Mar 14 2011, 01:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When will you back to M'sia? Our next TT should be on 2nd of April. I am sure plenty of bros would be very interested to check out your Rexton that has did all the necessary Mod. Did you consider add Ultra Racing bars?

Will try to be back by end of this month. Btw my fastest speed is 170kmh. I have been using Yokohama tires (RM350 each) and I think it's not very safe to exceed 180kmh using them.

bk4t9

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:31 AM

bk4t9

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
QUOTE (phoong2323 @ Mar 14 2011, 01:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WoW!looking to test drive your car,can you make it in our next TT?
<P> </P>

r3xt0n

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:36 AM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (phoong2323 @ Mar 14 2011, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will try to be back by end of this month. Btw my fastest speed is 170kmh. I have been using Yokohama tires (RM350 each) and I think it's not very safe to exceed 180kmh using them.

I thought you have remapped? My stock condition already tested till 180kmh. hehehee

You are right, the tyre need to have speed rating to withstand 190kmh.