Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Inspira Alot Problem ?

• Please log in to reply

ntc2000

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:02 AM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ Feb 27 2011, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2nd gen CRV very gasak one wor... smile_big.gif

Actually when I sit in the Inspira 1.8 Manual, I think its not too bad. smile_thumbup.gif

Some time you can't 100% believe what's written in the forum. A lot of 'ngiau chee ngiau lan' people thought invest RM70-80K into a new car, and it suppose to be bullet proof car.

Got what car no problem one? But a lot people purposely emphasize onto a few brand. smile_disapprove.gif

esp local made... smile_approve.gif smile_approve.gif

if T, H... sure smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

cbsteh

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:32 AM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ Feb 27 2011, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2nd gen CRV very gasak one wor... smile_big.gif

Actually when I sit in the Inspira 1.8 Manual, I think its not too bad. smile_thumbup.gif

Some time you can't 100% believe what's written in the forum. A lot of 'ngiau chee ngiau lan' people thought invest RM70-80K into a new car, and it suppose to be bullet proof car.

Got what car no problem one? But a lot people purposely emphasize onto a few brand. smile_disapprove.gif

Very true. To get a better picture, I hope people who own Inspira should comment on their new cars here -- good or bad. If we just hear the bad comments, it may give a false impression that Inspira is a lot of trouble. For example, for every 1000 cars, 3 may have problems, but if we only hear the 3 problematic cars, it is as though all 100% Inspira cars are about to fall off!

Dewi

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:04 AM

Dewi

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Feb 28 2011, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
esp local made... smile_approve.gif smile_approve.gif

if T, H... sure smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

IMO, defect issues are not only contained to local-made car manufacturers only. I believe that cars from reputable manufacturers may have problems too, but the owners choose to resolve the issue silently between them & the SC.

Owned of a brand-new 'T' vehicle myself & I can say that their vehicle is also not 100% perfect.

shahie

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:12 PM

shahie

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
QUOTE (DSAI @ Feb 27 2011, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its a huge mistake buying inspira.i guest buy a forte is a good choice then...i never encounter this kind of problem smile_thumbup.gif

It's depend on your luck too. i have zero problem on my 2.0CVT inspira. even Lancer GT users have this problem on his new car.

Hi H.Kubo,

I'm writing to you from Malaysia regarding the 3rd major problem that I'm facing with my Lancer GT : registration WXX 5686 just after a year of purchase.
My problems summarized below.

1st Problem (May 2008)

2 days after I collected my brand new car, it brokedown and upon inspection, I was informed that the gearbox had failed.
The car was in the workshop for approximately 1 month where the gearbox was replaced after much confrontational deliberation.

2nd Problem (Aug 2008)

I sent my car for 10,000 km service at the appointed service center and collected it the same day.
The next day, I noticed smoke from the engine during one of my road trips.
The car was towed to the nearest workshop and it was concluded that the drain plug was missing.
I wrote to Mitsubishi Motors Malaysia (MMM) and demanded for a new car but it was turned down (kindly refer email attachment).
What's more dissappointing is that the service center denied any responsibility over this matter and MMM claimed that they discovered a anti hijack system and therefore my warranty was void. With these, they could only make good the car by replacing the damaged parts. (kindly refer attachment in pdf)

The car was in the workshop for approximately 5 months.

3rd Problem (Apr 2009)

Now I'm faced with another issue where I hear a loud noise and when this continues I get a slow down sign (overheating of transmission oil).
In the beginning, it happened only when I switched to manual mode but recently it happens even in automatic mode and within 15-20 minutes of driving.
The service center advisor mentioned that driving the vehicle fast and rapid gear shifting causes these problems and I was adviced to drive slowly.
I escalated the matter to the service center manager who adviced me to change the gear oil.
I did this (at my own expense) but the problem remains.

Now, I've had enough of all these excuses. The Lancer is marketed as a "Fantastic Sports Sedan" , period.
I still think it's an excellent car but the team in Malaysia ; both MMM and the appointed service center is ruining the reputation of this car
and I'm affected for the 3rd time in 1 year with 6 months in the workshop. MMM has provided me with a replacement car during these 6 months, but this is not what I paid for.

Moving forward, I need a solution to arrest all these issues now and future and my warranty back.
The tone of this letter underlines my frustrations that I've been and am going through, having forked out a tidy sum of money for the car and still not getting the satisfaction of experiencing a "Fantastic Sports Sedan".

P/S Reading in copy are the Local Press and the President of the Lancer GT Club from Malaysia.

Best Regards,
gt5686

mosh

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:43 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
an experience to share...

a white 2.0 inspira tapaw us today during our way back from KLIA, myself off course cannot chase the inspira, but me uncle forte 2.0 oso cannot do it. i saw he try to push his car but still the inspira left both of us several tiang behind.

remind me of how bro NF lancer tapau my PE during balik TT at kelana jaya sometimes ago..

enduser

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:40 PM

enduser

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
QUOTE (cbsteh @ Feb 28 2011, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very true. To get a better picture, I hope people who own Inspira should comment on their new cars here -- good or bad. If we just hear the bad comments, it may give a false impression that Inspira is a lot of trouble. For example, for every 1000 cars, 3 may have problems, but if we only hear the 3 problematic cars, it is as though all 100% Inspira cars are about to fall off!

http://www.mmail.com...g-noise-new-car

--------------- quote--------------

'Pinging' noise in new car

Faizal Nor Izham
Monday, March 14th, 2011 13:02:00

MIRZA ABDULLAH of Sungai Buloh believes being one of the first owners of a Proton Inspira 1.8 was not such a great idea.

He says after purchasing one last October, it only took a month to have hissing sounds from the driver's window, squeaks from the steering wheel, and the rear right-hand side pillar inside the car come off.

“After a mechanic fixed the problems, they occurred again the next day plus squeaky sounds from the shock absorbers.

"The Proton branch in Mutiara Damansara told me to bring my car in once the spare parts arrived. After more than a week of waiting, the problems were fixed.”

But two weeks after that, a pinging noise occurred upon acceleration.

"The Mutiara Damansara branch said they couldn’t fix my car as they weren’t trained on Inspira and had to consult the Inspira technical team.”

He says subsequently, they managed to fix all problems except the ‘squeaky’ shock absorbers. MIRZA was told the pinging noise was due to the RON95 fuel and was asked to upgrade to RON97.

"Not a valid reason from Proton but I changed it anyway. I used RON97 for two weeks but the problem persists. In fact, previous problems have resurfaced.

"I called them again and was told my case had been forwarded to Mitsubishi Japan and they were waiting for an answer.”

On the third week of January, Proton called MIRZA to see them as the Japanese were flying in to inspect the car.

"I was told the pinging noise had become an issue for Proton as six out of 10 cars they service have it.

"I was given a loan car, another Inspira 1.8. Imagine my shock to find that it has all the same problems as my car!"

In February, MIRZA called Proton iCare but their system showed his car was still the Mutiara Damansara branch.

"However, I managed to speak to a technician who told me my car was still being tested and I should get it by mid-February.”

MIRZA says it is unbelievable how Proton had his car for three weeks, yet were unable to solve the problems.

"Is Proton really taking its customers seriously? I had this car for four months and all I got was dissatisfaction and frustration.

"Guarantee me the car is fixed so I don’t have to waste more time and money on the same issues."

MIRZA wants Proton to compensate for the loss of time, effort, money and energy in dealing with them for the past three months.

● A Proton Holdings Berhad spokesman has given assurance that appropriate steps have been taken to deal with the matter.

When contacted by Hotline, MIRZA says Proton has given the adequate compensation for the delay out of goodwill and the case has been resolved.

He says problems have been fixed and he is satisfied with the result.

nofear1979

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:18 PM

nofear1979

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Mar 13 2011, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
an experience to share...

a white 2.0 inspira tapaw us today during our way back from KLIA, myself off course cannot chase the inspira, but me uncle forte 2.0 oso cannot do it. i saw he try to push his car but still the inspira left both of us several tiang behind.

remind me of how bro NF lancer tapau my PE during balik TT at kelana jaya sometimes ago..

Oi.... dun simply say, is not true and your 32 bit ecu anytime better than lancer... smile_thumbup.gif

2012 NMT Vice President - nofear1979

Human Resource Solutions
We provide a comprehensive range of Human Resource (HR) management solutions

alantieng

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:24 PM

alantieng

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 810 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ Feb 23 2011, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nabeh...beemer latest 7 series punya problem very terror one. smile_big.gif Not any proton guy can handle. My Auto Bavaria fren told me that... 059.gif

Engine also need to dismantle ohh!!!!!!!!!!! smile_thumbup.gif
My War Machine : Mercedes Benz SLK280 3.0 V6 R171

ntc2000

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:28 AM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (nofear1979 @ Mar 15 2011, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oi.... dun simply say, is not true and your 32 bit ecu anytime better than lancer... smile_thumbup.gif

may be he not dare to push lar... persona 32bits anytime can reach 200++, may be pick up will be slower than inspira but top speed sure smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

if mosh facing u then i believe, becoz u r one of the speed demon and ur ecu got re-flash + hotbits woh...

mosh

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:52 AM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Mar 16 2011, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
may be he not dare to push lar... persona 32bits anytime can reach 200++, may be pick up will be slower than inspira but top speed sure smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

if mosh facing u then i believe, becoz u r one of the speed demon and ur ecu got re-flash + hotbits woh...

plus wide body CF evo X bodykit.... smile_big.gif