Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Group Buy Door Visor

• Please log in to reply

r3xt0n

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:09 AM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (bk4t9 @ Mar 23 2011, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ebay one is expensive n further leaking as U say,since bro teerex has no problem with his,better go 4 his type,lets gather 5 interested members first b4 V decide,ok?

You got it wrongly. The one bought by Bro Teerex is leaking and one of his already fly away when we speeding to PG TT. Yes, this is cheaper and looks more prominent than the Ebay one but if we can save on shipment cost, the difference is not much.

I have emailed the Ebay Seller to see if we can work out a deal for Group Buy, will post back here when I got more details.

QUOTE (errierext @ Mar 23 2011, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i bought mine at brothers... plug & play for rexton... so far so good... price around 100 if not mistaken...

How does yours looks like? Same as the photo in this thread?

spacebar

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:11 AM

spacebar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
which part of the visor leaking ? could it be the adhesive problem ?

r3xt0n

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:33 AM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (spacebar @ Mar 23 2011, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
which part of the visor leaking ? could it be the adhesive problem ?

No, it is because of the shape of the Visor with a sharp cut at the end near wide mirror. So when you open slight window during raining, water will get in from there.

1. Bro Teerex Visor

2. Bro Spacebar Visor

I have to adjust the light exposure of the photo for the visor to be visible. You noticed the difference in the area in red circle? This is where will have water leaking in when you open slight window during rain.

jnusi

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:21 PM

jnusi

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Bro..

I think bigger Visor will create high resistance for air flow then will create air " sound"...like twister...if drive fast laa...Is it true bro Teerex ?

teerex

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:50 PM

teerex

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 632 posts
QUOTE (jnusi @ Mar 23 2011, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro..

I think bigger Visor will create high resistance for air flow then will create air " sound"...like twister...if drive fast laa...Is it true bro Teerex ?

Hi Bro,
If the visor is too large it will naturally create turbulent air flow, but as for mine it is OK maybe due to the areodynamics of the design, is not creating any hissing or whistling noises. Only occasional gust of strong winds from the side will create some windy sound. As for the water drips at the arrrowed spot, the sharp edge design leaves a gap between the visor and the side mirror thereby allowing water to drip in esp while stationary. Furthermore, the availability of visor for Rex is a question mark.

The ultimate measure of man is not what he stands for in moments of comfort or convenience, but where he stands at times of challenges and controversy.

bk4t9

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:55 PM

bk4t9

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
QUOTE (teerex @ Mar 23 2011, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Bro,
If the visor is too large it will naturally create turbulent air flow, but as for mine it is OK maybe due to the areodynamics of the design, is not creating any hissing or whistling noises. Only occasional gust of strong winds from the side will create some windy sound. As for the water drips at the arrrowed spot, the sharp edge design leaves a gap between the visor and the side mirror thereby allowing water to drip in esp while stationary. Furthermore, the availability of visor for Rex is a question mark.

OK!can U cut off the front edge n move fwd may b 1/2 a inch,could it b done n solve the problem?
<P> </P>

teerex

Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:16 PM

teerex

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 632 posts
QUOTE (bk4t9 @ Mar 23 2011, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK!can U cut off the front edge n move fwd may b 1/2 a inch,could it b done n solve the problem?

It will not work, coz cut the front end would mean pushing forward, it would then not follow the contour of the Door frame.
The ultimate measure of man is not what he stands for in moments of comfort or convenience, but where he stands at times of challenges and controversy.

bk4t9

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:44 PM

bk4t9

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
QUOTE (teerex @ Mar 23 2011, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It will not work, coz cut the front end would mean pushing forward, it would then not follow the contour of the Door frame.

what else can you do 2 prevent the leaking?so Abang product fail,where else can V buy other than ebay?
<P> </P>

r3xt0n

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:03 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (bk4t9 @ Mar 23 2011, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what else can you do 2 prevent the leaking?so Abang product fail,where else can V buy other than ebay?

There are 2 more accessories supplier to accessory shops like Abang shop but both of their Visor seems to have the same shape at the front too. You can check them out below.

1. This is more similar from eBay one, can Bro Spacebar confirm?

2. This looks more Ah Beng... hahahah

bk4t9

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:47 AM

bk4t9

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Mar 23 2011, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are 2 more accessories supplier to accessory shops like Abang shop but both of their Visor seems to have the same shape at the front too. You can check them out below.

1. This is more similar from eBay one, can Bro Spacebar confirm?

2. This looks more Ah Beng... hahahah

the item 1 is differ fr item 2,I guess item 1 is the right one 4 us without leaking,must c 2 get it fr carpro
<P> </P>