Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Extreme Ways To Reduce Your Car's Fuel Consumption

• Please log in to reply

aeyyb2110

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:44 AM

aeyyb2110

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
QUOTE (kelvin1987 @ Sep 8 2012, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol, funny ways to reduce car's fuel consumption by moderator.
anyway, for me I will ensure my foot as light as possible and the RPM will below 2.5K at all time.
This method greatly help in fuel consumption.

Try to relax while driving, no need to rush, if can drive with one hand on steering, the other one on armrest. You don't go heavy foot with one hand, right?

vr2turbo

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,633 posts
QUOTE (aeyyb2110 @ Sep 12 2012, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try to relax while driving, no need to rush, if can drive with one hand on steering, the other one on armrest. You don't go heavy foot with one hand, right?

I do, because driving manual so one hand on gear lever....... smile_tongue.gif

supra1996

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

supra1996

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
I drive auto but I use my left leg on steering and right leg to control gas pedal and brake pedal...
The most relax way of driving for me... smile_big.gif

jacksonljs

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

jacksonljs

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Sep 13 2012, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do, because driving manual so one hand on gear lever....... smile_tongue.gif

What if the driver was a girl (one hand on gear lever as her driving habit, even traffic jam) smile_tongue.gif ?

vr2turbo

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,633 posts
QUOTE (jacksonljs @ Oct 10 2012, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What if the driver was a girl (one hand on gear lever as her driving habit, even traffic jam) smile_tongue.gif ?

smile_big.gif smile_big.gif smile_wink.gif

funkseoul

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:37 AM

funkseoul

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts
may i add? (if not yet mentioned) how about reduce or totally avoid from idling excessively, either to warm-up or waiting in the car. i believe most people nowadays are aware of the unnecessary idling for new modern cars.

cute_boboi

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

cute_boboi

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts
QUOTE (funkseoul @ May 4 2013, 02:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
may i add? (if not yet mentioned) how about reduce or totally avoid from idling excessively, either to warm-up or waiting in the car. i believe most people nowadays are aware of the unnecessary idling for new modern cars.

Of course. For newer cars, just start and go, drive slowly below 2.5k-3k RPM for 10-15 minutes. Some cars will have both the water & oil temperature gauge. As long as both reach 90 Celsius, then can rev 9 9.

However, there are still some people with the old mentality to warm up 5-10 minutes ... smile_blackeye.gif

"When Columbus started out he didn`t know where he was going. When he got there he didn`t know where he was and when he got back he didn`t know where he had been." - Anonymous

vr2turbo

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,633 posts
QUOTE (cute_boboi @ May 6 2013, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of course. For newer cars, just start and go, drive slowly below 2.5k-3k RPM for 10-15 minutes. Some cars will have both the water & oil temperature gauge. As long as both reach 90 Celsius, then can rev 9 9.

However, there are still some people with the old mentality to warm up 5-10 minutes ... smile_blackeye.gif

5-10 minutes is too long, waste fuel already. As long as oil is up and running drive slowly until reach optimum running temperature....

cute_boboi

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

cute_boboi

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ May 7 2013, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
5-10 minutes is too long, waste fuel already. As long as oil is up and running drive slowly until reach optimum running temperature....

Got ... open door, start car. Then put bag into car. Then slowly wear socks, shoes. Then hisap rokok dulu ... maybe water plants a bit. Kutip daun, sampah a bit. Quick chat with neighbour (seksi girl tengah sidai baju smile_tongue.gif only chance to talk, otherwise she hides inside the house ) ... etc.

"When Columbus started out he didn`t know where he was going. When he got there he didn`t know where he was and when he got back he didn`t know where he had been." - Anonymous

williamson

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

williamson

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
woww...i wish i can modified my car like that..LOL