FYI I managed to get 600km on a full tank of fuel. Done 1,100kms now. Was surprised to find the 'negative' cover on the car battery missing only to find out that there is no cover for the negative battery connector. (compared and checked with the demo unit at the dealer's showroom) False alarm. Phew!
First service done at Advant (Puchong) and they took the time to locate a slight vibration in the roof light assembly. Thanks to their meticulous service (removed it and drove the car to detect the cause), and the vibration's gone for now.
Overall, enjoying the quietness, refinement and the stares. Some with their mouths open too.
However, sometimes when idling there is a slightly louder hum which comes and goes. Anyone experience that? and know what it is?
Hi mikmil1 and hello to all new sonata owners,
I got my sonata std spec right 1 day before raya, and now already driven 4000+ KM. Did my 1st service in 2000KM cos was too busy to send my car for the 1st 1000KM service.
Here are some comments and problems i found out from my car:
1. Noise insulation is not very good as in most cases i can still hear vehicle noise from outside.
2. Road noise is the worst with the Hankook tyres
3. I experienced the same as mikmil1, intermittent hum noise from the engine when idling or moving slowly (eg: braking at the traffic light). infact, sometimes i felt the engine is having minor jerks when moving slowly. Similarly this is also an intermittent problems.
4. engine is a bit rough (quite noisy). In the morning when I start the engine for the 1st time I notice the RPM went up unusually (above 1.5 rpm). Have anyone facing the same?
5. when i open the door at the front passenger side, the feeling is like the door very loose as if the door is not properly closed.
i'm sending my car again to the service center at Bandar Tun Razak this Monday and hopefully they can help me to resolve the Hum noise problem and check on the front passenger door.
Despite all i mentioned above, i'm still okay with the car overall and still proud of driving it.