Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Foam Lance Foam Gun

• Please log in to reply

jackson

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:44 PM

jackson

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
i just did the semi foam lance gun again. Using my karcher k2.01 which can only suck shampoo if use gun only not the PW lance.

This time i diluted first. 100ml OSREN Bubble wash to about 3/4 full of the coke 1.5bottle.

More satisfied this time. Wax was not stripped. Suds a bit more than using neat. But didnt clean as much. I use foam,rinse,dry, method. Then followed with quick round with DG Aquawax.

I used to take a long time to wash cars,around 2-3 hours. But this time,completed in 1.5 hours. Water used much much less, but electricity bill sikit naik i think, or would the electricity used be negligible? Tools used karcher k2.01,BoHai blower, OSREN bubble wash, DG Aquawax, DG fluffy premium MF.

Next time gonna try with OSREN Nano wash. Also gonna work on dilution to see if it helps to clean better, foam more.
It's easy when you know how...

KrisMas

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:04 PM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
I think I've posted this before but here goes again:

With a foam lance, this is how 2oz OCWash with 450ml water in the foam lance bottle looked like.

I've already tried quite a few mixes of different shampoos with it and I've concluded that the best usage for the foam lance is when you want to really clean down the car, including stripping off some of the existing wax that's been contaminated. It's not quite effective for a daily driven car like mine, especially when I averaged around 500km - 600km a week with stubborn road film at the end of the week.

Although it's not that effective in removing dirt/grime/road film/etc. from a daily driven car like mine, but I'd say it does significantly reduce the amount of leftover dirt in the rinse bucket.

I still haven't used the lance extensively, so not much that I can conclude except for, even if you foam the car, you'd still need a normal wash with a mitt to clean, i.e. just foam and rinse, even with a PW just couldn't cut it in our harsh weather and environment.

So the experiment goes on......

jackson

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:32 PM

jackson

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
Thanks for the info krismas.
Thats the foamed look i am going for. but with my the foam gun lance that came with my PW, it doesnt even come close to that. foam not much or even at all and it slides off straight away.

KrisMas

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:41 PM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
Remind me to bring it over on our next meet-up for you to try.... smile_sleepy.gif smile_sleepy.gif smile_sleepy.gif

jackson

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:53 PM

jackson

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
QUOTE (KrisMas @ Mar 3 2010, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Remind me to bring it over on our next meet-up for you to try.... smile_sleepy.gif smile_sleepy.gif smile_sleepy.gif

Much appreciate it sir.

mubull

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:26 AM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
QUOTE (jackson @ Mar 3 2010, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that PW bought 4 or 5 years ago lah.

But the lock down supposed to be whole year, then nego to half year now until this quarter only smile_tongue.gif

hehe I know lah ..just cucuk and kacau only.

so try to nego to monthly basis leh.
cheers.... Duragloss The Wet Look
www.duragloss.com.my
facebook.com/duraglossmalaysia

mubull

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:29 AM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
QUOTE (jackson @ Mar 3 2010, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i just did the semi foam lance gun again. Using my karcher k2.01 which can only suck shampoo if use gun only not the PW lance.

This time i diluted first. 100ml OSREN Bubble wash to about 3/4 full of the coke 1.5bottle.

More satisfied this time. Wax was not stripped. Suds a bit more than using neat. But didnt clean as much. I use foam,rinse,dry, method. Then followed with quick round with DG Aquawax.

I used to take a long time to wash cars,around 2-3 hours. But this time,completed in 1.5 hours. Water used much much less, but electricity bill sikit naik i think, or would the electricity used be negligible? Tools used karcher k2.01,BoHai blower, OSREN bubble wash, DG Aquawax, DG fluffy premium MF.

Next time gonna try with OSREN Nano wash. Also gonna work on dilution to see if it helps to clean better, foam more.

Is it inclusive of washing the wheel within 2-3 hours?
cheers.... Duragloss The Wet Look
www.duragloss.com.my
facebook.com/duraglossmalaysia

vr2turbo

Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:27 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,491 posts
QUOTE (mubull @ Mar 4 2010, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hehe I know lah ..just cucuk and kacau only.

so try to nego to monthly basis leh.

Don't overdo, after revert to original plan.....ha! ha!

jackson

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:26 PM

jackson

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
Just thought I'd post this as well. To see what fun I am missing out on.
Snow Foaming Fun

vr2turbo

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:17 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,491 posts
QUOTE (jackson @ Mar 4 2010, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just thought I'd post this as well. To see what fun I am missing out on.
Snow Foaming Fun

Same like bro. kris post mah.....
And Tayar Ria also have. You did not see during tyrepac TT??