Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Foam Lance Foam Gun

• Please log in to reply

jackson

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:42 PM

jackson

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
QUOTE (chargerguy @ Mar 1 2010, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys,
Bit out of topic here but where can we get the Foam Gun using Garden Hose???
What about the cost???
Thanks in advance
Cheers
smile.gif

The only place I know is Autogeek Foam Gun

But because of the cost of the item plus shipping costs, thinking very hard whether to buy or not.

It's easy when you know how...

vx55

Posted 02 March 2010 - 02:02 AM

vx55

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 568 posts
QUOTE (jackson @ Mar 1 2010, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Used with OSREN Bubble Wash. I put the clear tube into a bottle that have the shampoo. Then sprayed on mpv. I dont know how to control dilution (if any) as I think it came out too strong. As my wax all gone! Darn.

Anyway, good excuse to put on another layer. Very therapeutic applying wax by hand.

Did you use Osren Bubble Wash neat or diluted?
This is my first time reading that Osren Bubble Wash strips wax, because I have used it at 1:50 as a wash and it didn't strip wax.
How was the foam output anyway?

jackson

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:55 PM

jackson

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
QUOTE (vx55 @ Mar 2 2010, 02:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you use Osren Bubble Wash neat or diluted?
This is my first time reading that Osren Bubble Wash strips wax, because I have used it at 1:50 as a wash and it didn't strip wax.
How was the foam output anyway?

i used neat. And foam not much. So it could be the machine i was using as a 'foam lance' is not quite right for the job. Expected more from it.

Maybe the next time i try, will dilute shampoo first then let it be sucked in trhu the lance. We'll see...

And it also just occured to me, how would u knw what dilution u are using with this kind of lance. Rethinking about going this route now.

vx55

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:30 PM

vx55

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 568 posts
QUOTE (jackson @ Mar 2 2010, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i used neat. And foam not much. So it could be the machine i was using as a 'foam lance' is not quite right for the job. Expected more from it.

Maybe the next time i try, will dilute shampoo first then let it be sucked in trhu the lance. We'll see...

And it also just occured to me, how would u knw what dilution u are using with this kind of lance. Rethinking about going this route now.

It is tough to find out the dilution ratio, because you will need to confirm the water flow rate first, then measure how much shampoo it uses per time (seconds or minutes).
If you are using 'per minute', measure how much water goes through your PW by firing it at a bucket and stop once you hit one minute. Do the same for the shampoo also.
Hmm, come to think of it, might as well fill up a bucket with the water/shampoo mix for a minute and measure the shampoo/water mix and the amount of shampoo used. I hope it is not confusing 059.gif
I use the standard 'shampoo dispenser' I have and it won't foam much, but it is still alright because at least some shampoo is on the paintwork and it starts to emulsify dirt and grime.

vr2turbo

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:09 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (jackson @ Mar 1 2010, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also must not strip wax.

But rinse is using power washer which uses less water anyway.

Used with OSREN Bubble Wash. I put the clear tube into a bottle that have the shampoo. Then sprayed on mpv. I dont know how to control dilution (if any) as I think it came out too strong. As my wax all gone! Darn.

Anyway, good excuse to put on another layer. Very therapeutic applying wax by hand.

You wanted to strip the wax anyway, right??....ha! ha! smile_big.gif
really must kow tow to you, using foam lance, power washer etc., just to wash the car..... smile_thumbup.gif

jackson

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:26 PM

jackson

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Mar 2 2010, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You wanted to strip the wax anyway, right??....ha! ha! smile_big.gif
really must kow tow to you, using foam lance, power washer etc., just to wash the car..... smile_thumbup.gif

the hobby became obsession now becoming fanatic already smile_cool.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:56 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (jackson @ Mar 2 2010, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the hobby became obsession now becoming fanatic already smile_cool.gif

Start the car wash at your house. You have got 2 cars there, then sister's one, dad etc. etc. to start with..... smile_big.gif

jackson

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:32 PM

jackson

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
QUOTE (vx55 @ Mar 2 2010, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is tough to find out the dilution ratio, because you will need to confirm the water flow rate first, then measure how much shampoo it uses per time (seconds or minutes).
If you are using 'per minute', measure how much water goes through your PW by firing it at a bucket and stop once you hit one minute. Do the same for the shampoo also.
Hmm, come to think of it, might as well fill up a bucket with the water/shampoo mix for a minute and measure the shampoo/water mix and the amount of shampoo used. I hope it is not confusing 059.gif
I use the standard 'shampoo dispenser' I have and it won't foam much, but it is still alright because at least some shampoo is on the paintwork and it starts to emulsify dirt and grime.

Thanks for the idea dude.
Now am searching the net for dilution rate oz per gallon or ml per l vs this dilution using shampoo dispenser that comes with the power wash. The 'per minute' flow mix of shampoo n water kind of makes sense. But wait, but what i really want to know is how many ml or oz of shampoo for how many liters of water. Thinking of variants of the bucket per minute calculations for this. Maybe ken has some ideas on this. smile_big.gif

As in how much water per minute for a bucket.
How much shampoo per minute for a bucket.
How much shampoo and water per minute for a bucket.
The bucket will have the gallon marks too. then the flow rate can be gallons per minute. or liters per minute.

Just gotta figure out how to relate this to the traditional wash bucket system dilution of oz/gallon or ml/liter.

chargerguy

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:35 PM

chargerguy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
QUOTE (jackson @ Mar 1 2010, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only place I know is Autogeek Foam Gun

But because of the cost of the item plus shipping costs, thinking very hard whether to buy or not.

Thanks for the link and I believe it is not available in Msia, right???

Cheers

smile.gif

vx55

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:11 AM

vx55

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 568 posts
QUOTE (jackson @ Mar 2 2010, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the idea dude.
Now am searching the net for dilution rate oz per gallon or ml per l vs this dilution using shampoo dispenser that comes with the power wash. The 'per minute' flow mix of shampoo n water kind of makes sense. But wait, but what i really want to know is how many ml or oz of shampoo for how many liters of water. Thinking of variants of the bucket per minute calculations for this. Maybe ken has some ideas on this. smile_big.gif

As in how much water per minute for a bucket.
How much shampoo per minute for a bucket.
How much shampoo and water per minute for a bucket.
The bucket will have the gallon marks too. then the flow rate can be gallons per minute. or liters per minute.

Just gotta figure out how to relate this to the traditional wash bucket system dilution of oz/gallon or ml/liter.

You have the pieces of the formula correct actually smile.gif
Once you know how much water has flowed, and how much shampoo is used per minute, then you can derive the dilution ratio.
For example, let's say that per minute of pressure washer usage, 4 liters of water have flowed and 40ml of shampoo is used. So you have your dilution ratio smile.gif