Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Oil Additive

• Please log in to reply

limking

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:27 PM

limking

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Sep 21 2009, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm using 80W-90.
Its not grinding, just sticky.
Will give it a try soon.

Give it a try ,no harm & not that expensive .Cost RM 28 per bottle whereelse the engine treatment cost RM 48 . try looking around ,sometimes there are additional free gift like air cont oil conditioner or fuel booster.....etc given out free or combo pack with both bottle engine & tranny oil treatment together which will cost much more cheaper than individual purchase .
PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! IT'LL GET YOU THE BEST WHEN TIME IS RIGHT AND SO WILL BE THE PRICE

vr2turbo

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:57 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,478 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Sep 21 2009, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm using 80W-90.
Its not grinding, just sticky.
Will give it a try soon.

Bro. Gunnerzz,
How oil is the 80w-90 gear oil? Has it been used for quite a while already? If so, change the oil too.
If not, you will have to let a little out to fill in the X-1R.
Get the X-1R from the spare part shop. It is cheaper, if not mistaken, it is RM25 per bottle..... smile_tongue.gif

bro. limking,
If not mistaken, most of the time the pack offer is with the engine treatment because that is more expensive....ha! ha! smile_big.gif

Tourist

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:08 PM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
You might want to read this regarding X1R. Draw your own conclusion as to validity of it.

http://www.alfaowner...-additives.html

As for myself, I fully subscribe to this conspirator theory.....

If all these oil additives stuff really work, then those gigantic mulit-national multi-billion oil company like Exxon, Chevron, Shell, Elf etc could have easily bought them out and incorporate it into their engine oil. Imagine the added competitive advantage they would have over rival oil companies. These oil additives companies are like tiny ants compared to these jumbo sized oil companies so buying them out would be loose change.

But if these gigantic oil companies are not doing that could only mean 1 thing...these things are useless.
I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

ycfoo

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:12 PM

ycfoo

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Sep 20 2009, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bro. Y sifu,
Is that the upper cylinder lubricant.... smile_question.gif

nope, but is this: MOREYS HEAVY DUTY OIL STABILIZER.

http://www.moreyoil....atID=11cat=Oils

here seem cannot find the upper sylinder lubricant...

Also for the gear box issue, u can try the red line ShockProof® Gear Oils:
http://www.redlineoi...cts.aspx?pcid=8

which 1 to used that's up to your car need.

limking

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:22 AM

limking

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts
QUOTE (Tourist @ Sep 21 2009, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You might want to read this regarding X1R. Draw your own conclusion as to validity of it.

http://www.alfaowner...-additives.html

As for myself, I fully subscribe to this conspirator theory.....

If all these oil additives stuff really work, then those gigantic mulit-national multi-billion oil company like Exxon, Chevron, Shell, Elf etc could have easily bought them out and incorporate it into their engine oil. Imagine the added competitive advantage they would have over rival oil companies. These oil additives companies are like tiny ants compared to these jumbo sized oil companies so buying them out would be loose change.

But if these gigantic oil companies are not doing that could only mean 1 thing...these things are useless.

There could be other reasons beside yours that why the Big Guns are not buying or incorporating it into their products . Try viewing all possibilities in a wider angle instead of just zooming in directly into a straight view . No offend meant . Just my 2 cents worth. smile_cool.gif In any business one needs a constant flow of regular clients . Think out loud all positives & the negatives aspects the Big Guns will do to keep it that way . $$$ needs to roll , bro . smile_big.gif
PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! IT'LL GET YOU THE BEST WHEN TIME IS RIGHT AND SO WILL BE THE PRICE

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:03 AM

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts
smile_question.gif http://www.carbibles.../additives.html smile_question.gif

Tourist

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:13 AM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
QUOTE (limking @ Sep 22 2009, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There could be other reasons beside yours that why the Big Guns are not buying or incorporating it into their products . Try viewing all possibilities in a wider angle instead of just zooming in directly into a straight view . No offend meant . Just my 2 cents worth. smile_cool.gif In any business one needs a constant flow of regular clients . Think out loud all positives & the negatives aspects the Big Guns will do to keep it that way . $$$ needs to roll , bro . smile_big.gif

Yes there are several possibilities. But these companies like EXXON has so much cash that it makes these oil additives companies looks like a 3 years old kid. Buying them off is like a piece of cake.

It's almost like you open a small sundry shop and someone comes alone and offers you millions. Nobody in their right business mind would refuse.

I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

Gunnerzz

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:36 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Sep 21 2009, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro. Gunnerzz,
How oil is the 80w-90 gear oil? Has it been used for quite a while already? If so, change the oil too.
If not, you will have to let a little out to fill in the X-1R.
Get the X-1R from the spare part shop. It is cheaper, if not mistaken, it is RM25 per bottle..... smile_tongue.gif

bro. limking,
If not mistaken, most of the time the pack offer is with the engine treatment because that is more expensive....ha! ha! smile_big.gif

Gear oil still less than 25k km.
So, i just need an X-1R add up right?

vr2turbo

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:19 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,478 posts
QUOTE (2322 @ Sep 22 2009, 03:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bro. 2322,
Got for and against also, back to square one.....ha! ha! smile_big.gif

QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Sep 22 2009, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gear oil still less than 25k km.
So, i just need an X-1R add up right?

I change my gear oil at 30 to 40k km....... smile_tongue.gif

Depends how long you keep your gear oil. If you are keeping longer, then jump put in the X-1R. If not, then change together.. smile_wink.gif

Gunnerzz

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:05 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
Here are the result,
On both Pajero and the Wira, the engine is smoother.
Improvement is higher with the Wira.Can can feel the smoothness at across the rev.

On oil consumption,it only manage to reduce it a bit only.
Not that significant.

On the X1-R manual tranny additive,i haven't try it yet.Maybe on next fluid change.

Now,want to try that D'carbo product but cannot find it in Melaka so far.Major spare shop does not hav it.
Anyone know where to get it?
Does it do any harm?