Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Oil Additive

• Please log in to reply

Gunnerzz

Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:13 AM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
Guys,
U hav any experienced using engine oil additive?

Recently i pour in STP oil additives to my dad's Pajero.
Price is RM15.
I claims that it can reduce oil consumption
Still waiting to see if this is true.
I can tell u that the engine felt a bit smoother.
Maybe bcoz the additive thickens the oil adn provide coushion to the moving part as what it claims.

Yesterday bought Prestone oil additive and use it on my mom's Wira.
Price is RM19 at Jusco
It is comsuming engine oil more than the Pajero.
Will observe the outcome.

limking

Posted 20 September 2009 - 01:27 AM

limking

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts
Been using X1R engine oil treatment for about 2 years more or less for my Wira . So far so good , slight improvement on the engine smoothness & starting also better . As for fuel consumption , am not sure about it .
PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! IT'LL GET YOU THE BEST WHEN TIME IS RIGHT AND SO WILL BE THE PRICE

Gunnerzz

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:20 AM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (limking @ Sep 20 2009, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Been using X1R engine oil treatment for about 2 years more or less for my Wira . So far so good , slight improvement on the engine smoothness & starting also better . As for fuel consumption , am not sure about it .

At 1st i wanted to try X1R on the Wira but off the budget.

Anyone tried X1R manual tranny additive?
Thinking of using it on the Pajero.
Its kinda sticky shifting from 1st to 2nd.Wonder if it will help.

Tourist

Posted 20 September 2009 - 07:09 AM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
almost everywhere I read on Internet says they are snake oil so I never use them any never have any engine oil related problem, never. So I do not see the need to waste money.

I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

limking

Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:22 PM

limking

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts
QUOTE (Tourist @ Sep 20 2009, 07:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
almost everywhere I read on Internet says they are snake oil so I never use them any never have any engine oil related problem, never. So I do not see the need to waste money.

It's a kinda of preventives method / prolonging the engine's part life . Just have to be careful on what you gonna purchase / do homework ( survey ) first before purchasing the product .
I'm also using the X1R manual tranny treatment . Kinda of smoother when exchanging gears .
As for the X1R engine treatment , on 1st time useage pour a full bottle and later on the next following ones pour only half bottle .
PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! IT'LL GET YOU THE BEST WHEN TIME IS RIGHT AND SO WILL BE THE PRICE

Tourist

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:35 PM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
QUOTE (limking @ Sep 20 2009, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a kinda of preventives method / prolonging the engine's part life . Just have to be careful on what you gonna purchase / do homework ( survey ) first before purchasing the product .
I'm also using the X1R manual tranny treatment . Kinda of smoother when exchanging gears .
As for the X1R engine treatment , on 1st time useage pour a full bottle and later on the next following ones pour only half bottle .

Many additives will SHORTEN engine life instead, including big names product. Do search on Internet and you will read the reasons why.
I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

ycfoo

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:07 PM

ycfoo

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
How about this 1 call Morey Oil??

If u do find any thing "not good" so post here too... as I do like to know more about it... TQ

vr2turbo

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:40 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (ycfoo @ Sep 20 2009, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about this 1 call Morey Oil??

If u do find any thing "not good" so post here too... as I do like to know more about it... TQ

bro. Y sifu,
Is that the upper cylinder lubricant.... smile_question.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:47 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Sep 20 2009, 03:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At 1st i wanted to try X1R on the Wira but off the budget.

Anyone tried X1R manual tranny additive?
Thinking of using it on the Pajero.
Its kinda sticky shifting from 1st to 2nd.Wonder if it will help.

Bro. Gunnerzz,
If it is syncromesh problem (grinding sound shifting at higher speed) it won't help.
If it is sticky or tight, it may help. What grade of gear oil are you using? A straight 90, or 80w-90?
You can also change to 75w-90 and add one can of the X-1R manual tranny additive.
For me, my manual tranny refuse to get into 1st, after idling for a while. I had to step on the clutch twice to ease it in. After putting in the X-1R, now running fine...... smile_thumbup.gif

Gunnerzz

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:17 AM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Sep 20 2009, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro. Gunnerzz,
If it is syncromesh problem (grinding sound shifting at higher speed) it won't help.
If it is sticky or tight, it may help. What grade of gear oil are you using? A straight 90, or 80w-90?
You can also change to 75w-90 and add one can of the X-1R manual tranny additive.
For me, my manual tranny refuse to get into 1st, after idling for a while. I had to step on the clutch twice to ease it in. After putting in the X-1R, now running fine...... smile_thumbup.gif

I'm using 80W-90.
Its not grinding, just sticky.
Will give it a try soon.