Well the previous owners did not really appreciate what everyone was doing to sustain AW. This community has held itself together and spawned other communities elsewhere too. You can say that AW fathered a lot of Malaysian online communities. Had the investment gone in to grow AW, we might have grown to be like the AirAsia of the cyberworld! Now we are split all over the place. Still it is good that the new owners of AW now take it very seriously. Long live AW!
Jeff's (whlim_21) 10 MOST MEMORABLE MOMENTS IN AUTOWORLD! (In Chronological order)
1) Joined Autoworld in June 2000. 2nd highest post in September. 2nd to reached 2000 posts after RONALD.
1a) Autoworld 1st Gathering in September 21(?) 2000, I still kept my Dark Blue Autoworld T-shirt. Met YS Khong, Ian Khong, mick_505gti, Jaime, Uncle Chips face to face...
1b) MET RONALD FACE TO FACE in HONG KONG, late August 2000)
2) My friend, an Active Autoworld Forummer, mick_505gti fatal car crash in Kelana Jaya in his Dad's white Perdana V6, September 24(?) 2000. He's only 24 yrs old.
3) "whlim_21" KIDNAP PLAN mastermined by "cute_boboi" and "RONALD". Started Early September 2000(?). Later Joined by Uncle Chips and Kee Leong.
4) Hangout at RONALD"S 'Kampung' in ULU YAM; 4.1) Ronald crashed his NEW SATRIA GTI, into the Jungle @ Same day.
5) DOUBLE SHOCK = 2x TRAUMA = MANIC DEPRESSION episode in May 24, 2002 (Yes, it's true, got medical report to prove). Hospitalised in UH for 32 days, came out of hospital 10kg FATTER. How and why?
5a) In 2 MAY 2002, Got caught by Custom in KLIA for Possessing 8x PORN DISC (arrived from Hong Kong), fined RM250 and Jailed a day. FIRST TRAUMA.
5b) Met an accident with a 2 tonne RED lorry in Puchong in May 20. My Iswara little damage but fell into DEEP TRAUMA (2nd) which leads to Manic Depression and ended up being "Electrocuted (ECT)", 2 weeks memory loss, and etc... Again hospitalised for 32 days.
6) 5 days before my hospitalisation (20 to 24 may 2002), posted unnecessary and "stupid" posts in Autoworld Forum. "Barking at" and offending LOTS OF FORUMMERS (eg. Neo79, fooyc, Redhot, RONALD). VERY VERY SORRY GUYS/GALS!
7) Uncle Chips Left Autoworld (2004?)
8) whlim_21 left Autoworld Forum (1 December 2004) after being unwelcome here. He created his altar ego, 'lwh813' and remained low profile (230 posts +/- only from 1/12/2004 till today) until August 2009.
9) Closing of NMT in 2006 (though I'm inactive there from 2002 onwards). A bit sad.
10) whlim_21 REJOINED Autoworld Officially in August 2009 and FOUND OUT THAT HE'S THE 49th Member in Autoworld Forum. Ie. PIONEER. He's SUPER PROUD.