Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Beware! Sri Damansara Black Shop

• Please log in to reply

ColinLee

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:25 PM

ColinLee

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts
thank you for the information.
noted

kidcar

Posted 23 August 2009 - 06:47 PM

kidcar

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Haha, Hirev again, same as Tmn Fadason near Jinjang Utara. A lot of workshops are sponsored by Hirev nowadays. Most people start a small workshop business with not much experience and not enough $$ will look for Hirev. Next time be more careful when drive in to Hirev workshop, but not sure for Hirev motorbike workshop.

lengchai

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:20 AM

lengchai

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
QUOTE (auto123 @ Jul 24 2009, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The other day I suddenly realised it was time to change my engine oil after I had done my banking at RHB Bandar Sri Damansara, I went to this shop behind RHB / Maybank called Boon Kea* with the Hi-Rev sponsored sign board. On the way back home, I realised something wrong with the car after the engine oil change (RM80. Afterwards realised very expensive for a re-cycled engine oil change, cheapo filter and labour). The car was not so powerful as before and saw some white smoke from the back from the car. I quickly went back to the shop but the shop insisted that they didn't do anything to my car apart from changing the engine oil. They pretended to check through the entire engine and said firmly that nothing wrong with the car and claimed that the car was a few years old already blah....blah...... It is normal to have white smoke otherwise I could send them the car for a few days in order to do the engine overhaul....blah ....blah.

I puzzled for a few days (also busy with work), I decided to send the car to another mechanic and only realised that the shop had removed a small hose (I think it was the oxygen intake hose) from the engine and thus the white smoke and lack of power. Later talking to my friend who stayed somewhere in Sri Damansara. He also kena once in a different way (water hose not tighten but the shop said radiator leaked and got to change a new one). He said this shop like to make you pay more. Even good parts also asked you to change this, change that and sell off your good parts to other car owners......BEWARE!!!!!!!!!

This is lengchai here . I had the vehicle service at there before that . But i noticed that it is quite good for the service provided from this shop ..... I stay in bandar sri damansara also .
At the moment , i still having the vehicle service from this service centre ... still in good service provided . I dont why you say so in this case ? Can i know the further detail for this case ? so i can have the attention thanks for your info and awaiting for your reply

tpl

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:50 AM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
A year ago, maybe diff owner?.. after one yr of surviving no biz with their bad service...
2012 NMT President

vr2turbo

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:20 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,488 posts
QUOTE (tpl @ Jul 16 2010, 03:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A year ago, maybe diff owner?.. after one yr of surviving no biz with their bad service...

One year ago post, TS might not even reply......... smile_wink.gif

cskok8

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:20 PM

cskok8

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 526 posts
Could this newcomer be the owner himself???? unsure.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 13 August 2010 - 04:40 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,488 posts
QUOTE (cskok8 @ Aug 12 2010, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could this newcomer be the owner himself???? unsure.gif

smile_big.gif smile_big.gif

EvolutionZ

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:40 PM

EvolutionZ

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
most of the shops do that when business are bad. best is to sit put there and see what they do to yr car. if it is a major job, send to someone u really know or to the respective brand svc ctr....more expensive but safer rather than spending more later to rectify problems.....better be safe.

vr2turbo

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:22 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,488 posts
QUOTE (EvolutionZ @ Sep 5 2010, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
most of the shops do that when business are bad. best is to sit put there and see what they do to yr car. if it is a major job, send to someone u really know or to the respective brand svc ctr....more expensive but safer rather than spending more later to rectify problems.....better be safe.

Yup, always try to avoid, but sometimes somehow some will kena. That is why this topic out to warn...... smile_wink.gif

jst

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:00 PM

jst

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
QUOTE (auto123 @ Jul 24 2009, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The other day I suddenly realised it was time to change my engine oil after I had done my banking at RHB Bandar Sri Damansara, I went to this shop behind RHB / Maybank called Boon Kea* with the Hi-Rev sponsored sign board. On the way back home, I realised something wrong with the car after the engine oil change (RM80. Afterwards realised very expensive for a re-cycled engine oil change, cheapo filter and labour). The car was not so powerful as before and saw some white smoke from the back from the car. I quickly went back to the shop but the shop insisted that they didn't do anything to my car apart from changing the engine oil. They pretended to check through the entire engine and said firmly that nothing wrong with the car and claimed that the car was a few years old already blah....blah...... It is normal to have white smoke otherwise I could send them the car for a few days in order to do the engine overhaul....blah ....blah.

I puzzled for a few days (also busy with work), I decided to send the car to another mechanic and only realised that the shop had removed a small hose (I think it was the oxygen intake hose) from the engine and thus the white smoke and lack of power. Later talking to my friend who stayed somewhere in Sri Damansara. He also kena once in a different way (water hose not tighten but the shop said radiator leaked and got to change a new one). He said this shop like to make you pay more. Even good parts also asked you to change this, change that and sell off your good parts to other car owners......BEWARE!!!!!!!!!

There are many polluted or recycle engine oil in the market especially in klang valley...here are few tips you can find out the oil is recycle or not...

1. see through the whole process of oil changing...
2. beware of few brand in the market especially ( Shell, Castrol, Idemitsu, penzoil )
3. see it clearly that the engine oil you brought got white spot of not or blakc spot
4. put some on your finger, twis it and smell it. if got Bau Hangus...percentage of recycle oil is high
5. original engine oil is goldish colour not plain color beware.

normally once after u change your engine oil, you must feel that the car get lighter not heavier...
certain car produce noisy engine sounds...once the white smoke came out means your VALVE SEAL SPOIL already...
normally will cause more than RM 1000++ to overhaul your car... beware

once you find out the shop got problem, report it...coz if they continue to put the same engine oil into others car more victim eventually...jason