Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Beware! Sri Damansara Black Shop

• Please log in to reply

auto123

Posted 24 July 2009 - 05:54 PM

auto123

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
The other day I suddenly realised it was time to change my engine oil after I had done my banking at RHB Bandar Sri Damansara, I went to this shop behind RHB / Maybank called Boon Kea* with the Hi-Rev sponsored sign board. On the way back home, I realised something wrong with the car after the engine oil change (RM80. Afterwards realised very expensive for a re-cycled engine oil change, cheapo filter and labour). The car was not so powerful as before and saw some white smoke from the back from the car. I quickly went back to the shop but the shop insisted that they didn't do anything to my car apart from changing the engine oil. They pretended to check through the entire engine and said firmly that nothing wrong with the car and claimed that the car was a few years old already blah....blah...... It is normal to have white smoke otherwise I could send them the car for a few days in order to do the engine overhaul....blah ....blah.

I puzzled for a few days (also busy with work), I decided to send the car to another mechanic and only realised that the shop had removed a small hose (I think it was the oxygen intake hose) from the engine and thus the white smoke and lack of power. Later talking to my friend who stayed somewhere in Sri Damansara. He also kena once in a different way (water hose not tighten but the shop said radiator leaked and got to change a new one). He said this shop like to make you pay more. Even good parts also asked you to change this, change that and sell off your good parts to other car owners......BEWARE!!!!!!!!!

ain206

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:00 PM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
QUOTE (auto123 @ Jul 24 2009, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The other day I suddenly realised it was time to change my engine oil after I had done my banking at RHB Bandar Sri Damansara, I went to this shop behind RHB / Maybank called Boon Kea* with the Hi-Rev sponsored sign board. On the way back home, I realised something wrong with the car after the engine oil change (RM80. Afterwards realised very expensive for a re-cycled engine oil change, cheapo filter and labour). The car was not so powerful as before and saw some white smoke from the back from the car. I quickly went back to the shop but the shop insisted that they didn't do anything to my car apart from changing the engine oil. They pretended to check through the entire engine and said firmly that nothing wrong with the car and claimed that the car was a few years old already blah....blah...... It is normal to have white smoke otherwise I could send them the car for a few days in order to do the engine overhaul....blah ....blah.

I puzzled for a few days (also busy with work), I decided to send the car to another mechanic and only realised that the shop had removed a small hose (I think it was the oxygen intake hose) from the engine and thus the white smoke and lack of power. Later talking to my friend who stayed somewhere in Sri Damansara. He also kena once in a different way (water hose not tighten but the shop said radiator leaked and got to change a new one). He said this shop like to make you pay more. Even good parts also asked you to change this, change that and sell off your good parts to other car owners......BEWARE!!!!!!!!!

auto123..... if what the other mechanic said is true better make known the name of the service center.............. dont let more of our friend being cheated............. we support good mechanic or SA... the bad one must go........

SplitFire

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:25 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,879 posts
QUOTE (auto123 @ Jul 24 2009, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Post the full name & address. So that we'll avoid this black shop.
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

bOROi

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:44 PM

bOROi

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ Jul 24 2009, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Post the full name & address. So that we'll avoid this black shop.

Aiyah bro....if you read his posting oredi given the place and name la.....Summore asking for full address....telephone number dont want????? laugh.gif
Myah United Rules!!!!

SplitFire

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:28 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,879 posts
QUOTE (bOROi @ Jul 24 2009, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aiyah bro....if you read his posting oredi given the place and name la.....Summore asking for full address....telephone number dont want????? laugh.gif

Actually I was about to ask the phone number also.... smile_shy.gif coz I'm not familiar with Damansara area mar...

I only know how to go One-U or The Curve or Royal Bintang that area only.
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

fkmfkm

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:42 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ Jul 24 2009, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually I was about to ask the phone number also.... smile_shy.gif coz I'm not familiar with Damansara area mar...

I only know how to go One-U or The Curve or Royal Bintang that area only.

if you not familiar means u wont go there so dont worry..

SplitFire

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:44 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,879 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Jul 24 2009, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you not familiar means u wont go there so dont worry..

Betul juga. smile_big.gif
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

bOROi

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:34 AM

bOROi

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ Jul 24 2009, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Betul juga. smile_big.gif

Just in case if you happen to be there......just call him at 999 smile_blush.gif

Myah United Rules!!!!

H2O

Posted 28 July 2009 - 08:46 AM

H2O

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,052 posts
"that the shop had removed a small hose (I think it was the oxygen intake hose) from the engine and thus the white smoke and lack of power."

maybe he forget to install back ... as u know when remove the air filter some car need to remove that small hose too ... fyi, even the p1 & p2 serv centre also got this kind mistake ... screw not tighten ... tuip cap forget to screw back ...many many more ...

auto123

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:20 PM

auto123

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
.....I'm pretty sure last time when I changed my air filter myself, I didn't remove any hose of any sort. Secondly, if I remember correctly, they didn't do anything to my air filter. Thirdly, that's why I gave them a second chance to inspect before I sent to another shop. Lastly, if you do go there, you can check on their stock of cheapo filters that they will use on your car.