Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

3m Tinting - Group Discount

• Please log in to reply

FEMLab

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:55 PM

FEMLab

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
QUOTE (survy @ Jun 24 2009, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear all, jus on the spirit of sharing, there is another 3m tint shop in Kuchai giving competitive price on 3m film. pm me for detail.

Both Kuchai and this shop in Manjalara are the same company - its Prostyle auto. Did you mean its better deal in kuchai branch?? Like this I need to scold the tauke already, I told him to give good price if we come as a group..

Dude..do let me know the price they quote in Kuchai (for benifits of all), coz what is the point of do group thingy if kuchai is cheaper (or is it just comparable?? before or after discount)..

If cheaper in kuchai..might as well do the group thingy in kuchai..maybe you can arrange group discount in kuchai
FEMLab

khlee23

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:33 AM

khlee23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts
QUOTE (survy @ Jun 24 2009, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear all, jus on the spirit of sharing, there is another 3m tint shop in Kuchai giving competitive price on 3m film. pm me for detail.

Yes, please share it among us. No point keeping the good deal, privately. So that we could get the best deal out of the dealers! I am also interested on 3M tinting. At least its orginal US made.

Life is short. Seize the day!

diathermy

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:56 AM

diathermy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
that the same shop i did my tint. I think I'm the first one who did it there. No need group discount also. Same package for RM1250 but must pay cash. Full crystalline is RM1600 or 1800 i think -- cannot really remember.

now i got some bubbles. Might go back there to smoothen it when i find the time.

carlion

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:25 PM

carlion

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
QUOTE (diathermy @ Jun 25 2009, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that the same shop i did my tint. I think I'm the first one who did it there. No need group discount also. Same package for RM1250 but must pay cash. Full crystalline is RM1600 or 1800 i think -- cannot really remember.

now i got some bubbles. Might go back there to smoothen it when i find the time.

Alamak! My experience of tinting cars (3 cars before), normally no bubble at all, or some tiny bubbles, then disappear after few days.
Better go back there early.

ipohmali70

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:55 PM

ipohmali70

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
QUOTE (FEMLab @ Jun 24 2009, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bros and sis,

If you guys follow this forum, you may notice that I hv post my experiance on tinting.

So far, I believe that I got a good deal for 3M tinting (me and bearuang). But last week when I claim my warranty from the shop (i.e. read post on "Pug tinting @407 @308"). I ask the tauke for group discount.

So here is the deal, group of 6 car, get a extra 10%

Group 1
1. FEMlab (he promise to rebate me my 10% smile_thumbup.gif)
2. Deion

Group 2
1. Bearuang (bro, I ask about you, but tauke said need another group of 6 to get your rebate laa)

The deal is, after the 6th car do the tint, only then he will rebate us..but since I stay only 10min away from the shop..shouldnt be a problem..then we do mini TT to distribute the money la..

The price before discount is:

For 308:
Crystalline 70 front, 4 mil security film on 4 window, Cryatalline 70 or 60 or 50 back - rm1400
Full crystalline 70 or 60 or 50 - rm1800

For 407 (add rm200 more to 308 price)

If interested - do add your name, PM me your car no., installation date, what film so I can inform the shop..

Brother, allow me to mencelah a bit here.

You were quoted 1800 to 2000 for a good quality tint. Not sure what the heat rejection is but I did mine recently which had:

91% heat rejection on all 4 side.
In addition, security side film is 6 mil thick, enough to withstand quite a few blows from the friendly neighbourhood Mat Rempit's helmet. I was offered 8 mil but was afraid the window might become stuck so I asked him to put in 6 mil.

Quality very good, satisfaction 101%

But it is a different brand.

The written warranty also covers saman from JPJ/PRDM. No need to give duit kopi, just hand the saman to the shop and they will settle.

Job was done by the owner himself, not an apprentice.

All costs RM1100 only.
ipohmali70

mizhael

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:50 PM

mizhael

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts
QUOTE (carlion @ Jun 25 2009, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alamak! My experience of tinting cars (3 cars before), normally no bubble at all, or some tiny bubbles, then disappear after few days.
Better go back there early.

my left rear passenger window got uneven mark, caused by the water/liquid not dry enuf although jemur so many days.
Next month only free to go redo it. and this is will be the 2nd time redo.

1st time, caused got scratches on the tint.
now got liquid that not dry enough.

Mine using 3M 4 Mil for the door windows.

FEMLab

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:08 PM

FEMLab

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
QUOTE (mizhael @ Jun 25 2009, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my left rear passenger window got uneven mark, caused by the water/liquid not dry enuf although jemur so many days.
Next month only free to go redo it. and this is will be the 2nd time redo.

1st time, caused got scratches on the tint.
now got liquid that not dry enough.

Mine using 3M 4 Mil for the door windows.

Alamak so many problem arrrh..I got problem with 3M 4mil also..than change to full crystalline..nice, no prob at all..but more expensive..

Bro Deion,

seem that now when I start to post this tread..there is alot of good deal around (posted by our forumer), but non-wanna share the exact info..previously when I do survey..most pug that did 3M is paying rm1600 for the 4mil setup (so that time this seem a good deal..but now, dot know la)..so if we dont have enough people for this group thingy..i guess I hv to abandon the tread bro...sorry
FEMLab

deion

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:57 PM

deion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
QUOTE (FEMLab @ Jun 25 2009, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alamak so many problem arrrh..I got problem with 3M 4mil also..than change to full crystalline..nice, no prob at all..but more expensive..

Bro Deion,

seem that now when I start to post this tread..there is alot of good deal around (posted by our forumer), but non-wanna share the exact info..previously when I do survey..most pug that did 3M is paying rm1600 for the 4mil setup (so that time this seem a good deal..but now, dot know la)..so if we dont have enough people for this group thingy..i guess I hv to abandon the tread bro...sorry

no worries bro. if the response not good here I will still go ahead and do it at the shop u recommended. Thanks for your help. appreciate it. smile_thumbup.gif

carlion

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:51 AM

carlion

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
I happened to meet the V-KOOL sales person, Helen, at Glenmarie yesterday. I asked for the cheapest available, she quoted;

Securelite Security film 4 mil film, Natural Colour, Rejection Rate (UV 95% & IR 85%). Cost RM 1100.00. She said offer till end of month.

survy

Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:55 PM

survy

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
QUOTE (khlee23 @ Jun 25 2009, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, please share it among us. No point keeping the good deal, privately. So that we could get the best deal out of the dealers! I am also interested on 3M tinting. At least its orginal US made.

Guys, please understand that among the dealers they have some sort of agreement of not deteriorating the market price for 3m crystalline tint. The standard price is around rm1800 for a sedan car. However if there is a group buy which they can reduce up to about rm300 depending on the number of cars.