Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Waja Stolen In Bukit Jalil

• Please log in to reply

ain206

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:41 PM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
QUOTE (bOROi @ May 19 2009, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am sorry ain, but my own experience a long while ago made me rather sceptical....met with an accident, almost frontal and the car right side was totalled, the adjuster refuse to pay for tyre punctured on that side and caused by the accident....I would have accepted any other reasoning if any, but to say it punctured not caused by the accident when I knew it was as I was the driver was too much, despite my requests to reconsider he refused.

I also know all our rights are imprinted in the small prints, but seriously in all probability the insurance co will say its the adjuster who decided that, anyway the tyre cost about RM100 so I did not pursue.

Of course that time only one adjuster came, maybe now the trend is to send more adjusters is better I suppose, but to say these adjusters are independent is wishful thinking, they deal with the insurance companies on very regular if not daily basis and I believe they are paid by the insurance co and not any other independent employer, and not to mention that the insurance co employees are hardpressed to improve bottomline, and you???? You just met him because of an accident, so just deduce from that on their independence....

boroi..... if the tyre really damage then it should be change.... this can be easily determine by looking at the point of impact, damages sustained etc........ maybe there are other factor than prevented the adjuster from recommending it to be repalced..... most insurance co. now request for the repairer to provide 4 angle photo at the scene of accident and t/party vehicle damages (if any) as this help a lot should there be discrepency /complaint highlight by the car owner.....

anyway i 'm quite agree that some claim officer/manager dont do their job whole heartedly but feel happy if the can reduce cost where possible and put the customer plight aside.......

this comment however does not in any way represent any insurance co in practice.... strictly based on my 20 years observation.......

ntc2000

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:44 AM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (kuan @ May 17 2009, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really hope they can find the car. the insurance is paying very little.
My car is Nov 2004 but looks new. its enhanced edition with full spec, and the adjuster wont even consider this when they quote the compensation

Ooo, is that green avenue there? Friendly speaking,if they can find ur car, i think most of the hardware ur accessories is gone.

ain206

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:13 PM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ May 21 2009, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ooo, is that green avenue there? Friendly speaking,if they can find ur car, i think most of the hardware ur accessories is gone.

pls note that for all vehicle that was stolen and subsequently recovered, any missing parts will be replace and damage part will be repaired by the insurance co provided you took up a comprehensive motor insurance policy.

bOROi

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:19 AM

bOROi

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
QUOTE (ain206 @ May 21 2009, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
pls note that for all vehicle that was stolen and subsequently recovered, any missing parts will be replace and damage part will be repaired by the insurance co provided you took up a comprehensive motor insurance policy.

This is good news for all, I have always got the wrong impression that most of if not all insurance companies will try to avoid paying as much as possible to the extent by suddenly taking a magnifying glass or a microscope and point to you all the exclusions and voids when you try to make a claim,...Good that you have explained, care to tell us which insurance Co. you represent and how to contact you?

Myah United Rules!!!!

ain206

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:43 PM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
QUOTE (bOROi @ May 22 2009, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is good news for all, I have always got the wrong impression that most of if not all insurance companies will try to avoid paying as much as possible to the extent by suddenly taking a magnifying glass or a microscope and point to you all the exclusions and voids when you try to make a claim,...Good that you have explained, care to tell us which insurance Co. you represent and how to contact you?

a lot of people have the wrong impression abt insurance.......... why?..... bcos they ask the wrong person.

i work with one of the insurance co and wont be telling which one cos it will be some sort of promote..... would rather to promote the insurance knowledge i have and share with you guys........

boroi...PM me and i'll tell you hw to contact me

bOROi

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:14 PM

bOROi

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
QUOTE (ain206 @ May 22 2009, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
a lot of people have the wrong impression abt insurance.......... why?..... bcos they ask the wrong person.

i work with one of the insurance co and wont be telling which one cos it will be some sort of promote..... would rather to promote the insurance knowledge i have and share with you guys........

Its okay, we are all among friends here.....knowledge is good but if you know who is much better when claiming, anyway very soon we will have to deal and buy direct from the ins companies, bypassing the agents anyway. Will PM you soon, when my roadtax is near expiring...
Myah United Rules!!!!

ain206

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:32 PM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
QUOTE (bOROi @ May 22 2009, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its okay, we are all among friends here.....knowledge is good but if you know who is much better when claiming, anyway very soon we will have to deal and buy direct from the ins companies, bypassing the agents anyway. Will PM you soon, when my roadtax is near expiring...

Boroi... renewing direct with the insurance co is one of the option........ there are pro and cons.... most insurer now impose loading base on a few criteria such as age of vehicle, claim experience etc.....and this might increase a bit on the insurance premium we had to pay.... but cant blame them cos the current motor insurance rate is base on early 70's market.......... some people said that it is not fair to raise the premium but imagine that the insurance co is doing business base on 70's era but is giving the millenium service to the customer.

anyway...... give a call to the insurance co and get a quote on the premium when the time comes, then decide which co is giving the best deal on rate and also the ease when it come to claim...

regards,

bOROi

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:27 PM

bOROi

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
QUOTE (ain206 @ May 22 2009, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Boroi... renewing direct with the insurance co is one of the option........ there are pro and cons.... most insurer now impose loading base on a few criteria such as age of vehicle, claim experience etc.....and this might increase a bit on the insurance premium we had to pay.... but cant blame them cos the current motor insurance rate is base on early 70's market.......... some people said that it is not fair to raise the premium but imagine that the insurance co is doing business base on 70's era but is giving the millenium service to the customer.

anyway...... give a call to the insurance co and get a quote on the premium when the time comes, then decide which co is giving the best deal on rate and also the ease when it come to claim...

regards,

ain206, i think we cannot avoid the loading base whether we go direct or through agent, so does not matter then......regards to quote on the premium, all of them will promise the world, only when claiming will find out whether they are true to their promise....so for the claiming part better sign up with people like you, at least you will help. Insurance companies charging 70s rates giving millenium service? I thought its the other way round wink.gif

Myah United Rules!!!!

sha9998

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:34 AM

sha9998

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
QUOTE (ain206 @ May 22 2009, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi ain206
im a new member here
i hope to seek advise from u about the insurance claim..

i had recently lost a 4 days old myvi in bkt jalil too....
i was just wondering wat wud be the settlement amt from the insurance....
insured amt is 51000(purchase price)
everyone is telling me all kind of different stories...
the onli good thing i heard was i can fight for 100% claim of insured amt because it is only a 4 days old car...
but it is stipulated in the insurance police that settlement amount wud be lower of market value or insured amount.
which is true?
even if its market value...wat wud be the market value for a 4 days old myvi?

im already very depressed for a losing a 4 days old car which was my first car...
i dun wan to be cheated again by any parties....
i heard that the process for claim will take at least 6 months....
how am i to fasten the process?
pls advise!!!!

Jumpman23

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:31 PM

Jumpman23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
adjuster wont even consider this when they quote the compensation

Basically they look at market value