Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Volvo XC60

• Please log in to reply

V406198

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:38 PM

V406198

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
QUOTE (beamer28 @ Apr 20 2010, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
U might want to check out the Q5 - its got the Golf GTI's superb engine with twin clutch DSG 7 speeder ... output of 211 hp for a turbocharged 2.0 (great performer yet easy on the roadtax & running cost ) , new X1 can't even beat it. smile_thumbup.gif

BUT...can it match the Xc60 safery rating ? To compare X1 with Q5 are like compare kancil with wira..fair ?
2004 S60R. AT. Tit Grey. Nordkap. 18" Pegs. TME SportCat Exhaust DP & Cat Back System. TME Lower Spring. Garrett GT3071R. RC 750cc Injectors. FMIC. K&N Filter. Pegasus 3" CAI. IPD HD TCV. IPD HD Ignition Coil, IPD 25mm Front Sway Bar. UR Custom 23mm Rear Sway Bar. UR Front & Rear Strut Bars. Stainless Steel Brake Hoses. Audi TT DV, Saab 900 ATF Cooler. TkiMotorSportRacing & IPD HD Link Rod. H&R 5mm Front Wheel Spacer. Endless Sport 0-400 Front Brake Pad. ScangaugeII Diagnostic Gauge. Stages 2 Snow Performance methanol Injection.

beamer28

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:02 AM

beamer28

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
QUOTE (V406198 @ Apr 20 2010, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BUT...can it match the Xc60 safery rating ? To compare X1 with Q5 are like compare kancil with wira..fair ?

Well, Q5 has 5 star NCAP rating so that should be justifiable right? I never crash test one so I wouldnt know smile_big.gif

I was comparing it to X1 because in Malaysian context , both price tag is almost the same ie. 300k. Although i know by right they should be different categories.
-------------

Step aside Beemers and Mercs , Veedub is coming

V406198

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:23 AM

V406198

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
QUOTE (beamer28 @ May 12 2010, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, Q5 has 5 star NCAP rating so that should be justifiable right? I never crash test one so I wouldnt know smile_big.gif

I was comparing it to X1 because in Malaysian context , both price tag is almost the same ie. 300k. Although i know by right they should be different categories.

Haha..Yes,with today design & technology, almost all new cars achieved 5 star NCAP rating..but it is the content that you need to look in to it...
2004 S60R. AT. Tit Grey. Nordkap. 18" Pegs. TME SportCat Exhaust DP & Cat Back System. TME Lower Spring. Garrett GT3071R. RC 750cc Injectors. FMIC. K&N Filter. Pegasus 3" CAI. IPD HD TCV. IPD HD Ignition Coil, IPD 25mm Front Sway Bar. UR Custom 23mm Rear Sway Bar. UR Front & Rear Strut Bars. Stainless Steel Brake Hoses. Audi TT DV, Saab 900 ATF Cooler. TkiMotorSportRacing & IPD HD Link Rod. H&R 5mm Front Wheel Spacer. Endless Sport 0-400 Front Brake Pad. ScangaugeII Diagnostic Gauge. Stages 2 Snow Performance methanol Injection.

dodgyblue

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:52 PM

dodgyblue

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
I'm living in Oz so cars are a wee bit cheaper. I've got the D5 twin turbo XC60 and it really is a good car. A mate has the Q5 3.0TDI which is also an excellent car. I think I like to have a 7 speed DSG but hell I'll take a 6 speed auto anyway since our's costs a cool 15K less than his Q5 smile.gif

Reason why we got one is that our kids are young and the integrated boosters are just incredibly useful. No need to carry around bulky safety boosters anymore. NVH for a diesel is acceptable but trying to manual shift a diesel is like driving a truck. 1st gear - 2 seconds, shift, 2nd gear - 3 seconds, shift ... lol

I'd hate to think the consumption of the 3.2 NA engine or the T6. With the D5, I'm getting 9.8l/100km city driving.. woohoo. just my thought smile.gif

tpl

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:25 AM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
QUOTE (dodgyblue @ May 15 2010, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm living in Oz so cars are a wee bit cheaper. I've got the D5 twin turbo XC60 and it really is a good car. A mate has the Q5 3.0TDI which is also an excellent car. I think I like to have a 7 speed DSG but hell I'll take a 6 speed auto anyway since our's costs a cool 15K less than his Q5 smile.gif

Reason why we got one is that our kids are young and the integrated boosters are just incredibly useful. No need to carry around bulky safety boosters anymore. NVH for a diesel is acceptable but trying to manual shift a diesel is like driving a truck. 1st gear - 2 seconds, shift, 2nd gear - 3 seconds, shift ... lol

I'd hate to think the consumption of the 3.2 NA engine or the T6. With the D5, I'm getting 9.8l/100km city driving.. woohoo. just my thought smile.gif

how long have u been driving you D5?
2012 NMT President

Newkelisa

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:09 PM

Newkelisa

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts
QUOTE (tpl @ May 17 2010, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how long have u been driving you D5?

Would that be an Euro III 3 or Euro 4 D5?

dodgyblue

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:02 AM

dodgyblue

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
It's the new Euro 4 compliant D5.. and we've had it for 5600 kms (since Nov last year). smile.gif

Newkelisa

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:19 PM

Newkelisa

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts
QUOTE (dodgyblue @ May 18 2010, 08:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's the new Euro 4 compliant D5.. and we've had it for 5600 kms (since Nov last year). smile.gif

Any problems so far with the DPF (diesel particulate filter) on the Euro 4 compliant D5?

dodgyblue

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:28 PM

dodgyblue

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
QUOTE (Newkelisa @ May 18 2010, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any problems so far with the DPF (diesel particulate filter) on the Euro 4 compliant D5?

No. The DPF is working great.. no black smoke or anything .... BUT ... the silly DPF regen program really sucks. We drive like at least once a week at 80km+ for 20 mins duration and we still get rising oil levels due to what I believe is diesel contamination. Sure the damn dealer says its the heat, expanding the oil, next week its, oh we put too much in.. etc.. But over 4 months, each month they suck a bit out, replace the whole lot etc and still the oil level rises. The last time it was in, Volvo supposed reprogram the DPF regen subroutine but we'll see. Am keeping an eye on it smile.gif

Other than that issue, its a great car to drive..

tpl

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:42 PM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
QUOTE (dodgyblue @ May 18 2010, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. The DPF is working great.. no black smoke or anything .... BUT ... the silly DPF regen program really sucks. We drive like at least once a week at 80km+ for 20 mins duration and we still get rising oil levels due to what I believe is diesel contamination. Sure the damn dealer says its the heat, expanding the oil, next week its, oh we put too much in.. etc.. But over 4 months, each month they suck a bit out, replace the whole lot etc and still the oil level rises. The last time it was in, Volvo supposed reprogram the DPF regen subroutine but we'll see. Am keeping an eye on it smile.gif

Other than that issue, its a great car to drive..

update us man... smile_thumbup.gif
2012 NMT President