Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Welcome

• Please log in to reply

cfa

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:58 PM

cfa

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 833 posts
Saw on your website that Goophers won the PC.Com awad for best GPS unit. Is it possible to post the article for us to read? Need to know what is your edge over your competitors. Can't find the article online.

Much appreciated.

TheGunner

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:45 AM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (cfa @ Aug 24 2009, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Saw on your website that Goophers won the PC.Com awad for best GPS unit. Is it possible to post the article for us to read? Need to know what is your edge over your competitors. Can't find the article online.

Much appreciated.

I have spoken to Lee Siong about issuing a press release on this at his earliest convenience. I understand that he's working on one to be issued to all the motoring press.

Until then, have a read on my review of the Quatr-O here.

Knowing him personally, I think this is a wonderful achievement for both Lee Siong and the Gophers brand.
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

cfa

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:50 AM

cfa

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 833 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Aug 25 2009, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have spoken to Lee Siong about issuing a press release on this at his earliest convenience. I understand that he's working on one to be issued to all the motoring press.

Until then, have a read on my review of the Quatr-O here.

Knowing him personally, I think this is a wonderful achievement for both Lee Siong and the Gophers brand.

Gunner, Tks for the heads-up on the review. However, noticed that u mentioned that there are some minor issues using the MapKing software. How about the Malsingmaps. U did not mention anything about using the Malsingmaps feature.

c2kbas2005

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:28 PM

c2kbas2005

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
i am intrested in getting the quatro-o drive gps device, due to the price range that i can affort,
can anyone advice on this device?

-can i get this device from your branch at bandar kinrara as i stay around bandar kinrara 2
(near the kinrara army camp)
-advice/compare/brief on Gophers unique point/advantages as compare to others GPS device
in the market?
-can i install the revese camera on this model at later stage?
-free update for the maps for 1 year, after that do we need to pay for it?
-any other maps can be install into this device, example other maps for malaysia and maybe
other country?
-can this device plays music, movies, mp3, mp4, etc. and bluetooth to handphone?

sorry for asking so many silly/stupid questions, hope someone can help me as i am very intrested
of getting this device soon.

thanks a million guys.

TheGunner

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:33 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (cfa @ Aug 25 2009, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gunner, Tks for the heads-up on the review. However, noticed that u mentioned that there are some minor issues using the MapKing software. How about the Malsingmaps. U did not mention anything about using the Malsingmaps feature.

cfa, I didn't try Malsingmaps, to be honest. I was told that the Malsingmaps are focused more in Singapore maps rather than in Malaysia.
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

leesiong

Posted 06 September 2009 - 11:14 AM

leesiong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
QUOTE (c2kbas2005 @ Aug 27 2009, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i am intrested in getting the quatro-o drive gps device, due to the price range that i can affort,
can anyone advice on this device?

-can i get this device from your branch at bandar kinrara as i stay around bandar kinrara 2
(near the kinrara army camp)
-advice/compare/brief on Gophers unique point/advantages as compare to others GPS device
in the market?
-can i install the revese camera on this model at later stage?
-free update for the maps for 1 year, after that do we need to pay for it?
-any other maps can be install into this device, example other maps for malaysia and maybe
other country?
-can this device plays music, movies, mp3, mp4, etc. and bluetooth to handphone?

sorry for asking so many silly/stupid questions, hope someone can help me as i am very intrested
of getting this device soon.

thanks a million guys.

Hi,

yup, our main office is just round the corner from you, at STEELOY, 9, BK 1/11. Welcome to drop in.
The Gophers Quatr-O was recently given the PC.COM CHOICE AWARD over other brands, but the best thing is that if you come to our office you get to meet the people who created Gophers fing30.gif
The Quatr-O PLUS comes with a built-in receiver to work with the wireless camera. The receiver cannot be retrofitted into the Quatr-O DRIVE. But if you wish, you may buy the PLUS without the camera.
The greater the number of users the better the resourses for us to bargain for free map updates from our map suppliers! For now we are still absorbing the costs beyond the first year
Yes we have a selection of overseas maps available for purchase.
Yes, to mp3, mp4, bluetooth etc.

may call us on 1300 888 477 for more info
cheers!

smile_thumbup.gif

cfa

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:30 AM

cfa

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 833 posts
QUOTE (leesiong @ Sep 6 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

yup, our main office is just round the corner from you, at STEELOY, 9, BK 1/11. Welcome to drop in.
The Gophers Quatr-O was recently given the PC.COM CHOICE AWARD over other brands, but the best thing is that if you come to our office you get to meet the people who created Gophers fing30.gif
The Quatr-O PLUS comes with a built-in receiver to work with the wireless camera. The receiver cannot be retrofitted into the Quatr-O DRIVE. But if you wish, you may buy the PLUS without the camera.
The greater the number of users the better the resourses for us to bargain for free map updates from our map suppliers! For now we are still absorbing the costs beyond the first year
Yes we have a selection of overseas maps available for purchase.
Yes, to mp3, mp4, bluetooth etc.

may call us on 1300 888 477 for more info
cheers!

smile_thumbup.gif

Leesiong, based on your website. you have outlets at Carefour branches including Tun Hussien Onn. Was there jalan-jalan last weekend with family (28/3) but did not notice your outlet. Where exactly is your outlet at this carefour branch. Your Goophers Lite is gettign more and more tempting. Kudos for selling a GPS unit that meets the exact requirements, is just being a GPS with no fancy frills. Howeevr, I understand it is still possiible to upgrade later?

leesiong

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:22 AM

leesiong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
QUOTE (cfa @ Mar 29 2010, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Leesiong, based on your website. you have outlets at Carefour branches including Tun Hussien Onn. Was there jalan-jalan last weekend with family (28/3) but did not notice your outlet. Where exactly is your outlet at this carefour branch. Your Goophers Lite is gettign more and more tempting. Kudos for selling a GPS unit that meets the exact requirements, is just being a GPS with no fancy frills. Howeevr, I understand it is still possiible to upgrade later?

We are located within Carrefour, at the consumer electrics/electronics section! Ya, our products are sold thru Carrefour, not at the shops outside. The QuatrO LITE is now powered by the Atlas IV 500 mhz processor so its even better to run the latest 3D and Junction view software. While our pre-loaded software is the MapKing/Malsingmaps 3D Landmark program, some of our resellers are offering software options such as IGO8 and other compilations. This shows the versatility of the Gophers hardware!

www.gophers.com.my
info@gophers.com.my

Attached Thumbnails

• Slide6.JPG

carfan12

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:18 PM

carfan12

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
hello Goophers gps is good choice it is very popular you can find more info on gps at this site autocarplaza.com

hope my infomation is useful for you

for any information resources pls also share with me

thanks in advance

smile_kisses.gif

cdv

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:18 AM

cdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
bro leesiong,

I bought a used Gophers Quatro Lite from a guy from kedah. he got the unit as a present from his friend and then sold it to me as he is not using it. When the item reached me, the software inside are Papago X3 and igo8. The papago is ok with updated map till april 2010 but the igo is not updated at all.

But, the question here is, why there is no MapKing inside the Gophers as i called the guy who sold it to me says he dont know as he only have the item with him 1 week only and never used it.

what should i do? do i have to buy the new Mapking software for my quatro Lite from gophers (RM180) as ads inside ur website?
Please help.

Thanks so much.
Carl

....cdv...