Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Welcome

• Please log in to reply

ForumAdmin

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:13 PM

ForumAdmin

Road Warrior

• Root Admin
  • PipPip
  • 960 posts
On behalf of Gophers, we would like to welcome all to discuss about Gophers GPS Navigation Systems here.

Forum Admin Autoworld.com.my

Browse more of Autoworld --> Buy / Sell car | Sell Parts & Accessories | Autoworld Blog | Motor insurance/takaful | Apply for AAM online

kiawin

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:47 PM

kiawin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
QUOTE (ForumAdmin @ Feb 27 2009, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On behalf of Gophers, we would like to welcome all to discuss about Gophers GPS Navigation Systems here.

Hi,

May I know how do you install the wireless reverse camera? Does it affect the car's multiplex system?

Thanks smile.gif
to be or not to be? http://blog.kiawin.com

leesiong

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:13 PM

leesiong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
QUOTE (kiawin @ Feb 27 2009, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

May I know how do you install the wireless reverse camera? Does it affect the car's multiplex system?

Thanks smile.gif

hi,

the wireless camera draws power from the car 12V system. If installed for rear view function, the best connection is to the car's reverse light, i.e the camera powers up automatically when reverse gear is selected.

for multiplex system, the connection should then be at the power output location (in this case the power contact of the reverse light bulb), and not anywhere along the multiplex lines.

Or you can get the camera professionally installed at KL Auto (jalan Ipoh), Klasse Car Audio (Setapak), 3S Auto Accessories (SS15 Subang Jaya) and Jusco Home Centre (Tebrau City, Johor).

www.gophers.com.my

kiawin

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:46 PM

kiawin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
QUOTE (leesiong @ Feb 28 2009, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi,

the wireless camera draws power from the car 12V system. If installed for rear view function, the best connection is to the car's reverse light, i.e the camera powers up automatically when reverse gear is selected.

for multiplex system, the connection should then be at the power output location (in this case the power contact of the reverse light bulb), and not anywhere along the multiplex lines.

Or you can get the camera professionally installed at KL Auto (jalan Ipoh), Klasse Car Audio (Setapak), 3S Auto Accessories (SS15 Subang Jaya) and Jusco Home Centre (Tebrau City, Johor).

www.gophers.com.my

Dear Lee Siong,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Am considering getting a unit for my new car smile.gif
to be or not to be? http://blog.kiawin.com

dottcomm

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:13 PM

dottcomm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
Hi Lee,

Interesting GPS package you have there... the camera option is really tempting smile_thumbup.gif

But can you roughly brief on Gophers unique point compare to others GPS like garmin.

Hope to get some apple to apple comparisons if you have. Please send to my email if not convenient to list here in forum Many thanks.

My email : dottcomm@gmail.com

cfa

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:22 PM

cfa

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 833 posts
I am also interested in the Goopers GPS unit after reading about the review in the latest CBT (24 May 2009) by the Taxi Driver. If a taxi driver uses it, it must be good cos Taxi Drivers are suppose to know their way around .

How do you compare against some of the other GPS players like Gamin. Prefer that u post it here for the benefit of all members but if you prefer, e-mail to cf_burnout@yahoo.com

Will installing the GPS on a new car like the reverse camera void any Warranty issues?

Tks

leesiong

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:37 PM

leesiong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
QUOTE (cfa @ May 27 2009, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am also interested in the Goopers GPS unit after reading about the review in the latest CBT (24 May 2009) by the Taxi Driver. If a taxi driver uses it, it must be good cos Taxi Drivers are suppose to know their way around .

How do you compare against some of the other GPS players like Gamin. Prefer that u post it here for the benefit of all members but if you prefer, e-mail to cf_burnout@yahoo.com

Will installing the GPS on a new car like the reverse camera void any Warranty issues?

Tks

Hi ,

Yes, taxi drivers can be our hardest critic if our GPS system does not meet their high expectations. Durability issues also come into play here, for our tropical climate and less than perfect road surfaces, Gophers are designed in Malaysia by Malaysians,.....for Malaysians!

All Gophers come with licenced MapKing maps and Malsingmaps (yes, 2 sets of maps) and customised MapKing R12 navigation program. This solution has proven to be most well suited to Malaysian and Singaporean road systems, as opposed to European or American programs. MapKing offers quick and easy search functions and localised routing options. As the saying goes: if you need directions always ask a local person!

The installation of the camera is simple enough for DIY but you may also get it professionally installed by our authorised installers. As an example the new Chevrolet Captiva now comes with our GPS and camera as an optional accessories package.

Do log on to www.gophers.com.my to check out our product specifications and photos.

cheers! biggrin.gif

alihms

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:02 AM

alihms

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I've been comparing gophers with Garmin, papago and altina. The availability of rear view camera at this price level is a strong point for gophers. Keep it up. Too bad all the current gophers model do not have lane assist, junction view and 3-D building. Any plan for this?

Since this is Malaysian design for Malaysians, gophers should collaborate with companies / authorities that deals with traffic management systems. Live traffic report, roads closure, diversions, flood warning, toll amount calculations, etc can be instantly updated on the PND. This will be your strong selling point and I guess a few people could resist the temptation!

leesiong

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:14 PM

leesiong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
QUOTE (alihms @ Jul 16 2009, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been comparing gophers with Garmin, papago and altina. The availability of rear view camera at this price level is a strong point for gophers. Keep it up. Too bad all the current gophers model do not have lane assist, junction view and 3-D building. Any plan for this?

Since this is Malaysian design for Malaysians, gophers should collaborate with companies / authorities that deals with traffic management systems. Live traffic report, roads closure, diversions, flood warning, toll amount calculations, etc can be instantly updated on the PND. This will be your strong selling point and I guess a few people could resist the temptation!

Yes, the Gophers Quatr-O is ready to run IGO8 software, with lane assist, 3D etc but in our extensive field test of the maps, we find it still lacking where it matters most to local users, i.e in rural areas and off the beaten track. And the map suppliers are not in position to provide frequent (and low cost) updates.
So we are now working on our own to include lane assist and junction views. We think the 3D building rendering is nice but really more of a distraction, so we'll leave that aside for now!

We are strong advocates for TMC (traffic message channel). Again, we have ready hardware, we need the authorities to implement the system. Singapore is going on TMC very soon and we're following the progress closely. Our plus point is that our hardware is ready for it when (or if) TMC arrives so the Quatr-O you have today can still be used in the future.

cheers smile_approve.gif

www.gophers.com.my

alihms

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:33 PM

alihms

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
QUOTE (leesiong @ Jul 16 2009, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, the Gophers Quatr-O is ready to run IGO8 software, with lane assist, 3D etc but in our extensive field test of the maps, we find it still lacking where it matters most to local users, i.e in rural areas and off the beaten track. And the map suppliers are not in position to provide frequent (and low cost) updates.
So we are now working on our own to include lane assist and junction views. We think the 3D building rendering is nice but really more of a distraction, so we'll leave that aside for now!

We are strong advocates for TMC (traffic message channel). Again, we have ready hardware, we need the authorities to implement the system. Singapore is going on TMC very soon and we're following the progress closely. Our plus point is that our hardware is ready for it when (or if) TMC arrives so the Quatr-O you have today can still be used in the future.

cheers smile_approve.gif

www.gophers.com.my

One more thing, the Smart Tag in my car occupies the most optimal location where the PND should go. This brings to mind :- Would it be better if the PND could, somehow integrate the function of Smart Tag too? Or, at the very least, the mounting should be interchangeable, so that for most of the time, I can put my PND there. When Iā€™m about to pass through toll booth, I can exchange it with the Smart Tag.

This will be another unique selling point for gophers.