Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Proton Exora

• Please log in to reply

dabdab

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:52 AM

dabdab

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Feb 4 2014, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that brand is not bad.
ive used it my blm.box has green black colour rite?
sufficient for normal and average driving.

hard core downhill on bukit putus,brake will fade half way.
plus point are it wears the rotor evenly and it bites from cold.
now blm is using trestor and it took some time to build up temp before full force can be used.

yeah, smooth rotor is quite a priority too.

dabdab

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:56 AM

dabdab

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
hi dear friends
just asking if any of u are having or have had GAB coil spring to ur exora
how much tire/wheel arch gap, in fingers unit.

is the oem shock damping enough to reduce oscillation?

a review would be appreciated,
thanks in advanced

Gunnerzz

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:34 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (dabdab @ Feb 12 2014, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi dear friends
just asking if any of u are having or have had GAB coil spring to ur exora
how much tire/wheel arch gap, in fingers unit.

is the oem shock damping enough to reduce oscillation?

a review would be appreciated,
thanks in advanced

never had exp on gab product.
what i know is that stock absorber can never cope with the task of damping a sport spring.worst it that sport spring will shorten the lifespan of yr stock absorber.its going to be a bit uncomfortable at some point.

dabdab

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:50 PM

dabdab

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Feb 12 2014, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
never had exp on gab product.
what i know is that stock absorber can never cope with the task of damping a sport spring.worst it that sport spring will shorten the lifespan of yr stock absorber.its going to be a bit uncomfortable at some point.

so lowering spring do wants to be matched with sport shocks for a perfect combo.

Gunnerzz

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:14 AM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (dabdab @ Feb 13 2014, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so lowering spring do wants to be matched with sport shocks for a perfect combo.

yup.
from my past exp using sport spring with stock absorber,
at some bump it will be more comfortable than oe spring+oe absorber.
on some dip it will be worst than using stock spring+absorber.
it makes the ride very uncomfortable.

this is based on my exp using proride spring.it have this progressive thing under load.its soft at first to fully absorb minor bump or dip and then harden to reduces body roll during cornering.stock absorber just have a single damping force which is most of the setting on stock car is soft.
when its soft, it can cope with the rebound of the spring making the ride a bit harsh and u dont want this on an mpv.

currently my waja is using proride stock absorber.its harder than stock setup and i can feel it sort of softer(still harder than oe)when i am slow and seems to firm up at high speed.a friend whom get a lift home was saying i am on adjustable set and even have a look to confirm the matter.

hcgui

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:50 AM

hcgui

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Feb 14 2014, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yup.

this is based on my exp using proride spring.it have this progressive thing under load.its soft at first to fully absorb minor bump or dip and then harden to reduces body roll during cornering.stock absorber just have a single damping force which is most of the setting on stock car is soft.
when its soft, it can cope with the rebound of the spring making the ride a bit harsh and u dont want this on an mpv.

currently my waja is using proride stock absorber.its harder than stock setup and i can feel it sort of softer(still harder than oe)when i am slow and seems to firm up at high speed.a friend whom get a lift home was saying i am on adjustable set and even have a look to confirm the matter.

i'm using Proride standard absorbers for my BLM. so far so good, and CHEAP! firmer than the stock APMs but still very comfortable. =)

dabdab

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:41 AM

dabdab

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Feb 14 2014, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yup.

actually the exo suspension feels batter at speed, good level of comfort on smoother road, and on any high speed undulation, damping capability is at larger margin. no jolting.

but when at low speed we can feel the jolt of the road imperfection, giving the idea its quite a firm suspension.
at fast corner ,it will do the job nicely, i checked the front lower anti-roll-bar is big, that's help to limit body roll more effectively. im a bit shock when ride on the honda stream that its rear is quite a sea sick setting.

maybe ill stick to stock, not bad though the front standard oem setup is 3.5 finger to the wheel arch considered ok, and the nature of EB looks is low slung already. so batter leave it as it is. i dont want to deteriorate the good ride of it

chrislyv

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:23 PM

chrislyv

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
hi all, just need your feedback on cps and cfe version.
am currently looking around for a 2012 model and still considering to get the cps or cfe.
in terms on reliability I think cps engine no issue as I owned a cps power proton before..
what you guys think?

chkwong

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:47 PM

chkwong

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts
CFE version is more powerful. The non turbo (CPS) drive is lethargic.

chrislyv

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:40 PM

chrislyv

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
Yes definitely more power but in terms of reliability? Cps version is a quite straight fwd unit..cps na, 4 speed at etc etc where else the cfe much more complicated.. Read in other forums that owners send cfe in for ecu update bla bla bla