Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Naza Logo On Sterring Wheel - Removable

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

nozzy

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:25 PM

nozzy

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts
geeeezz..

ok then i goto PJ SC.

thx for the note.

epang

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:19 PM

epang

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts
intermilan,

i am not saying the airbag will deploy la.. if u see carefully when took out the naza logo you can actually see the airbag thru the hole where the logo is rivetted.. so there is a risk of
1. you accidently tear the airbag
2. the whole center piece broke and leave a big hole there.
3. if the airbag deploy (touch wood) you might had a lion embossed on your forehead.(nice...)

so it is not recommanded la.

nozzy,
i've been to volcare before for my 10k services. they are ok for just normal servicing and they are also using Total engine oil which i prefered.
As for claims it is better and faster to do it at Bluebox or KS as they got ready parts stock while volcare need to submit this and that before getting the parts which will took some time.

Andy214

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:51 PM

Andy214

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts
QUOTE (vinnie @ Feb 16 2009, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
read some where dat some1 actually changed the logo by replacing the airbag as well for RM200...is this do-able? Have to agree dat it does really make a huge difference wen ur staring at the lion mark instead of de cheap naza logo...btw epang y would it cost RM 5000 to remove the logo?

Yup, it's done by NZ Galaxy, and was told it will not void the warranty as it's done by them and they actually change the whole cover. Advice to keep the receipt tough.

Definitely the best investment to do IMO, because outside logo is for others to see, but you'll be looking and touching that darn steering everytime you driving. Even after removing the "Naza" logo and seeing the "lion" patch already make a big difference!

holiday

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:01 PM

holiday

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Ok thanks for the suggestions everyone. Looks like it might be an even better idea to ask my SC to remove it for me (if they dare?) rather than doing it myself!
Apart from that I'll just live with the NAZA logo for now, haha.

Titanrev

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:07 PM

Titanrev

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 634 posts
Epang so bad....scare the daylight out of those who want to change the steering logo themselves. smile_tongue.gif

Don't worry guys, the airbag will not deploy, if you still worried like Epang does. Disconnect the battery, or you unplug the AB fuse. Then sure it won't deploy.

I've also taken out steering with AB more than a dozen time in Toyota cars and even my own car. In a workshop, we normally unplug the battery (actually is not needed, we unplug just to follow procedures set by Toyota only)

Deployment of AB not just reply on 1 sensor only. It includes accelerometers, impact sensors, side (door) pressure sensors, wheel speed sensors, gyroscopes, brake pressure sensors, and seat occupancy sensors. When the requisite 'threshold' has been reached or exceeded, the airbag control unit will trigger the AB. All these information need to be fed into the ACU. Is the ACU that determine the deployment. Nowadays, AB is more advanced and intelligent because manufacturers try to reduce unnecessary deployments (for example, at low speed, no shocks should trigger the airbag, to help reduce damage to the car interior in conditions where the seat belt would be an adequate safety device), and to adapt the deployment speed to the crash conditions.

Hope this help to clear out most of the doubts in many people. All this misleading is due to movies, TV commercial...etc....so next time you see a comedy, a guy hitting the steering and the AB pops out..it's fake...

Another thing, AB won't tear easily because the AB is made of Nylon fabric which is very strong as Nylon are synthetic material. I know this because my factory is also using Nylon base parts for my machinery so your AB is not made of plastic bag from your Tesco shopping center or Jusco. If the AB would tear just with minor force then when the AB deploy it would have exploded instantly during deployment.
Vroom~~~

epang

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:35 PM

epang

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts
QUOTE (Titanrev @ Feb 17 2009, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Epang so bad....scare the daylight out of those who want to change the steering logo themselves. smile_tongue.gif

Don't worry guys, the airbag will not deploy, if you still worried like Epang does. Disconnect the battery, or you unplug the AB fuse. Then sure it won't deploy.

I've also taken out steering with AB more than a dozen time in Toyota cars and even my own car. In a workshop, we normally unplug the battery (actually is not needed, we unplug just to follow procedures set by Toyota only)

Deployment of AB not just reply on 1 sensor only. It includes accelerometers, impact sensors, side (door) pressure sensors, wheel speed sensors, gyroscopes, brake pressure sensors, and seat occupancy sensors. When the requisite 'threshold' has been reached or exceeded, the airbag control unit will trigger the AB. All these information need to be fed into the ACU. Is the ACU that determine the deployment. Nowadays, AB is more advanced and intelligent because manufacturers try to reduce unnecessary deployments (for example, at low speed, no shocks should trigger the airbag, to help reduce damage to the car interior in conditions where the seat belt would be an adequate safety device), and to adapt the deployment speed to the crash conditions.

Hope this help to clear out most of the doubts in many people. All this misleading is due to movies, TV commercial...etc....so next time you see a comedy, a guy hitting the steering and the AB pops out..it's fake...

Another thing, AB won't tear easily because the AB is made of Nylon fabric which is very strong as Nylon are synthetic material. I know this because my factory is also using Nylon base parts for my machinery so your AB is not made of plastic bag from your Tesco shopping center or Jusco. If the AB would tear just with minor force then when the AB deploy it would have exploded instantly during deployment.

lol when did i said its gona deploy? lol smile_tongue.gif
i said IF deploy (meanings accident etc, touch wood) you might ended up with a lion logo emboss on your forehead lol

Titanrev

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:50 PM

Titanrev

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 634 posts
QUOTE (epang @ Feb 17 2009, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol when did i said its gona deploy? lol smile_tongue.gif
i said IF deploy (meanings accident etc, touch wood) you might ended up with a lion logo emboss on your forehead lol

Epang, when the AB deploy the cover will split into half instead of fly towards the driver face lah.....if like that sure Peugeot got sued already....if you have seen those steering with AB deployed already the cover is still intact with the steering. The cover will split into half.

I didn't mentioned 'you said it's gonna deploy'. The chances of it to accidentally deploy because tempering with the cover is close to impossible since there's no sensors around the cover.

My statement 'Don't worry guys, the airbag will not deploy' is to clear the 'IF'.

IF it will accidentally deploy because tempering with the cover. The NAZA techs won't be so stupid to offer customer to change the steering cover right? since they will sure know IF tempering the cover might cause the AB to pop up. It's like breaking their own rice bowl and walking on a thin thread to offer changing the steering cover.

I hope my comments if not building up flame but just to clear the thoughts of many people. I know not all people got engineering background or got experience in doing cars. I'm not boasting my skills or knowledge. I just want to share what I know to people so that they won't get fooled by those who are having the intention to cheat on decent drivers for extra cash, like those mechs or techs.

Peace.
Vroom~~~

epang

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:03 AM

epang

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts
QUOTE (Titanrev @ Feb 17 2009, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Epang, when the AB deploy the cover will split into half instead of fly towards the driver face lah.....if like that sure Peugeot got sued already....if you have seen those steering with AB deployed already the cover is still intact with the steering. The cover will split into half.

I didn't mentioned 'you said it's gonna deploy'. The chances of it to accidentally deploy because tempering with the cover is close to impossible since there's no sensors around the cover.

My statement 'Don't worry guys, the airbag will not deploy' is to clear the 'IF'.

IF it will accidentally deploy because tempering with the cover. The NAZA techs won't be so stupid to offer customer to change the steering cover right? since they will sure know IF tempering the cover might cause the AB to pop up. It's like breaking their own rice bowl and walking on a thin thread to offer changing the steering cover.

I hope my comments if not building up flame but just to clear the thoughts of many people. I know not all people got engineering background or got experience in doing cars. I'm not boasting my skills or knowledge. I just want to share what I know to people so that they won't get fooled by those who are having the intention to cheat on decent drivers for extra cash, like those mechs or techs.

Peace.

Joe,

ofcourse the whole cover wont fly into your face lol... and i know how does the cover open up when the airbag is deploy.. and i did mention it in my blog before.. if you wana know how go check it out la lol..

the thing is.. the naza or original lion logo is actually rivetted to the airbag cover.. meaning when the cover break apart and 'flip' open it will stay on. But as for DIY.. you need to 'break the leg' of the logo that riveted to the cover.. and after that, most of the ppl will just put in the lion logo in without securing it to the steering cover. some might just use glue or even double sided tape. If u had seen what it look like after taking out the naza logo you will understand what i meant... so my concern is, if the airbag cover break up n flip open.. and the lion logo is not secure in place.. what will happen? smile_blackeye.gif

ofcourse its up to the owner la... everything got a risk.. and this is one of the risk (according to health and safety regulation smile_tongue.gif )

so it is better to get it done properly which is to change the whole cover to the one that comes with the lion logo riveted on it than just pull out the naza and place in the lion.

darylding

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:27 AM

darylding

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
Y not buy n change 2 ori at kereta potong?

Andy214

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:14 AM

Andy214

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts
QUOTE (darylding @ Feb 18 2009, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Y not buy n change 2 ori at kereta potong?

Nasim "might" void your warranty? Not sure, but they "might".
Safer way is go to NZ Galaxy, they provide such "service", they change the whole steering cover for you for RM200 including installation.
Was told it's a reasonable and good price because you fight from "outside" seller, the cheapest I think is RM180 for the cover only, not including installation.

Just remember to keep the receipt.
This is a safe way to retain your warranty "lah".