Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Post Your 206 Service Bill Here.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Andy214

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:27 AM

Andy214

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts
For me, the must be a reason why they charge so high; not simply follow what "others" are charging for price, but the service quality, facilities, etc is way different. P2 labour is cheap yet they're transparent and provide information and price clearly, plus the facilities are much better they serve foods and drinks, etc.
I think C&C time was also much better. It's been almost 2 years since Bluebox Glenmarie launched, not much improvements on the facilities, and so on.

I still remember last year when I brought my friend to check out the 206, they were "afraid" and "shy" to go in Bluebox cause their impression of Peugeot is... "premium", "high class". But dissapointingly, the experience is horrible fromt the service quality to facilities. Then we moved on next door, the Hyundai. The experience was opposite, they were treated like how customers should be treated or better, the SA is very friendly and is not all about sales only, personally serve the drinks to each of us, and there's also breakfast available (got nasi lemak also!). That's just a Sales centre.

What I'm trying to say is, if the provide good service, nice facilities; the high labour we paid, we will feel more worth it and satisfied. But now, everything is "not good", how to be satisfied/feel worth paying.
Even those which provide good facilities/service quality, those people still complain of expensive labour; What about us?

bliiink

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:09 PM

bliiink

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
80k service (actual kilometerage is around 79k)

Workshop: Volcare
Date: 04/09/2009
Time: 10:30 - 12:30

Parts:
oil filter 53.00
timing belt 180.00

Workmanship:
renew timing belt 195.00
80k service 60.00

5% service tax on service charge 12.75

Grand total 500.75

** oil is syntium 5000, i bring it myself
--------------------

When i first arrived they immediately ask me to change timing belt along with tensioners and water pump. The quote RM 1900 complete without service. I'm not sure if that 1900 include other stuff as i only notice they said timing belt, tensioners and water pump. I said just change timing belt. Am i making the correct decision? Should i change the whole thing?

I checked in 206.co.uk and found out their timing belt change interval is 80k miles or 10 years. How i wish there is winter in Msia.

I previously have only serviced at glenmarie and ks. To me Volcare is the same as the other 2 except that they are much faster in doing their job. They did all of the above in 2 hours which is the same duration that glenmarie took to change my car's battery. Either glenmarie employs snail pace employee or they employ snails.

Volcare have that peugeot planet 2000 software and did that diagnostic to my car. They change the service interval counter to 10k which i dont like and asked them to change back to 2k.

intermilan

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:39 AM

intermilan

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
QUOTE (bliiink @ Sep 7 2009, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
80k service (actual kilometerage is around 79k)

Workshop: Volcare
Date: 04/09/2009
Time: 10:30 - 12:30

Parts:
oil filter 53.00
timing belt 180.00

Workmanship:
renew timing belt 195.00
80k service 60.00

5% service tax on service charge 12.75

Grand total 500.75

** oil is syntium 5000, i bring it myself
--------------------

When i first arrived they immediately ask me to change timing belt along with tensioners and water pump. The quote RM 1900 complete without service. I'm not sure if that 1900 include other stuff as i only notice they said timing belt, tensioners and water pump. I said just change timing belt. Am i making the correct decision? Should i change the whole thing?

I checked in 206.co.uk and found out their timing belt change interval is 80k miles or 10 years. How i wish there is winter in Msia.

I previously have only serviced at glenmarie and ks. To me Volcare is the same as the other 2 except that they are much faster in doing their job. They did all of the above in 2 hours which is the same duration that glenmarie took to change my car's battery. Either glenmarie employs snail pace employee or they employ snails.

Volcare have that peugeot planet 2000 software and did that diagnostic to my car. They change the service interval counter to 10k which i dont like and asked them to change back to 2k.

bliiink,

my take on this are...

rm1900 for timing belt, tensioner rollers and water pump (not include labour?) .. emm.. maybe that is 2009 price, whether the economy is in recession or not.

back then, changed timing belt, roller + labour for ~RM1000... i think i did post it here.
recently, i've changed the timing belt + waterpump for much less. of course parts were bought independently.
skip the rollers as it only been there for circa 70K km. maybe use for another 70k km?

but i think, it is safe to just change the timing belt during 80K mileage (and nothing else).
a few people (mechanic too) advise to change the tensioner rollers for every 2 timing belts, so change it at the next interval i.e. 160K km mileage. but i dont say this is correct. its a risk you have to calculate on your own. but i think it is quite safe, so i took it.
as for the water pump, when i changed mine at ~130K km mileage, the out-going water pump condition is almost new... huh! maybe coz i follow strict order of using only mixture of coolant + air suling / demineralised water for the the cooling system. and its not easily to pull the water pump out.

But tabik u dare to actually strech it until 79K km before changing the belt. Me, 70K km enuff....

so on whether it was the right thing to do... i say it is about right. wink.gif

bliiink

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:20 PM

bliiink

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
QUOTE (intermilan @ Sep 8 2009, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
rm1900 for timing belt, tensioner rollers and water pump (not include labour?) .. emm.. maybe that is 2009 price, whether the economy is in recession or not.

The rm 1900 i think include labour. Labour is rm280, but they give me discount as i only change timing belt. They said the tensioner is already around rm 700.

i think i will replace belt+roller+water pump next 80k. Thanks for the advice Intermilan.

intermilan

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:58 PM

intermilan

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
Yeah,

the tensioner roller is damn expensive. but can use for 160,000 km lah. quite sure on that. maybe even a lil longer...

jepakazoid

Posted 12 September 2009 - 08:06 AM

jepakazoid

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
QUOTE (intermilan @ Sep 11 2009, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah,

the tensioner roller is damn expensive. but can use for 160,000 km lah. quite sure on that. maybe even a lil longer...

Change timing belt for 2 hours is pretty attractive to me. This timing, if not mistaken, is impossible to be achieved at Bluebox.

syan

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:28 PM

syan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
changed crank pulley RM370..place=TimeBomb

Tensioner belt RM80 place=EuroAuto,Melaka

and now waiting for steering pump halfcut RM450(ruffly) place=EuroAuto,Melaka
-harder-

bliiink

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:39 AM

bliiink

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
Change of starter motor

car : 206 ckd year 2006
mileage : 82k

date: 26/10/2009
time: 1230 - 1800 ( they only start working on my car at 1430)

Starter motor + labour : RM 1200 (actual is 1220 but i ask to discount the RM20)

Ask for free car wash, at first they say ok but when i collect my car.. takde basuh pun.

ain206

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:51 PM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
just came back from my 40K service in Volcare....beside engine oil and filter they also recommended to change coolant, brake fluid, spark plug, air filter , pollen filter...........

part pricing

TOTAL oil = 96.00
coolant=60.00
brake fluid = 36.00
oil fliter = 53.00
air filter = 112.00
pollen filter 99.00
s/plug =96.00

labour cost
change coolant = 36.00
change s/plug = 24.00
change brake fluid = 30.00
40K labour = 60.00

but i dont change all

beside engine oil and filter i only change coolant and pollen filter bcos it is torn. otherwise i wont.

my cost RM408.80 incl tax other wise it will be rm702.00

s/plug and air filter i will change it at 50K
brake fluid - no need to waste money unless if the fluid level drop or the fluid change colour..... i will observed this 2 aspect other wise every 2 years.

my next visit i will buy parts on my own to reduce cost.....

ivanee48

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:33 PM

ivanee48

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
for my 10K, what the servicing fee har...? scare so...