Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Brake Pads

• Please log in to reply

ycfoo

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:15 AM

ycfoo

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
Vr2,
I found a dealer in SG land for the Bendix. He hv it for my 4 pot ~ RM600++/set. This will be for daily used.

For track day I used Endless MA22B brake pad in the front. Damn noisy at slow/cold brake kekekekekeke.......... until it stop!!!! but the bite is damn siok leh

vr2turbo

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:40 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,484 posts
QUOTE (ycfoo @ Dec 31 2008, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Vr2,
I found a dealer in SG land for the Bendix. He hv it for my 4 pot ~ RM600++/set. This will be for daily used.

For track day I used Endless MA22B brake pad in the front. Damn noisy at slow/cold brake kekekekekeke.......... until it stop!!!! but the bite is damn siok leh

Wow, the Ultimate for daily used...ha! ha!
They are Bendix top of the line pads.....

Your Endless cold bite how?

rdgs,

ycfoo

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:44 PM

ycfoo

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
For the MA22B cold bite is not good in the 1st press, after a few warm up is ok. good for track used working temp is 200 to 800 degC. So far only try it on 1 x dry & 1 x wet/heavy rain track day. It work well in both weather condition. but NOT a good 1 for normal used.

As now I am using EBC Yellow stuff for daily drive the cold bite is not good as the Endless CC-R i will said that. But after used 2 sets of this EBC I will said it is more rotor friendly then the Endless CC-R. For the CC-R was 2 set of pad can makan 1 set of rotor. But the bite power fo the CC-R is damn soik!!! u almost can stop any time u wan...

but this is the price u hv to pay.. rotor can take the heat???!!!

Now I try to look into the Bendix Ultamate vs Ferodo DS2500. As some said the DS2500 can work very well in both track & daily drive. Both I hv not try before.

V406198

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:04 PM

V406198

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
QUOTE (ycfoo @ Dec 31 2008, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the MA22B cold bite is not good in the 1st press, after a few warm up is ok. good for track used working temp is 200 to 800 degC. So far only try it on 1 x dry & 1 x wet/heavy rain track day. It work well in both weather condition. but NOT a good 1 for normal used.

As now I am using EBC Yellow stuff for daily drive the cold bite is not good as the Endless CC-R i will said that. But after used 2 sets of this EBC I will said it is more rotor friendly then the Endless CC-R. For the CC-R was 2 set of pad can makan 1 set of rotor. But the bite power fo the CC-R is damn soik!!! u almost can stop any time u wan...

but this is the price u hv to pay.. rotor can take the heat???!!!

Now I try to look into the Bendix Ultamate vs Ferodo DS2500. As some said the DS2500 can work very well in both track & daily drive. Both I hv not try before.

i'm on Ferodo racing Ds2500 with my mini 4 pots now, what i can say is the ferodo are work very well on daily drive & hard braking stopping ( love the sound of braking Vooooooommmmmm ) except with quite lots of dust & abit noisy compare to my previous used normal Ferodo spec pad & Sumitomo pad(both on my twin pots ) ..and can't comment on track use as never been there yet..

2004 S60R. AT. Tit Grey. Nordkap. 18" Pegs. TME SportCat Exhaust DP & Cat Back System. TME Lower Spring. Garrett GT3071R. RC 750cc Injectors. FMIC. K&N Filter. Pegasus 3" CAI. IPD HD TCV. IPD HD Ignition Coil, IPD 25mm Front Sway Bar. UR Custom 23mm Rear Sway Bar. UR Front & Rear Strut Bars. Stainless Steel Brake Hoses. Audi TT DV, Saab 900 ATF Cooler. TkiMotorSportRacing & IPD HD Link Rod. H&R 5mm Front Wheel Spacer. Endless Sport 0-400 Front Brake Pad. ScangaugeII Diagnostic Gauge. Stages 2 Snow Performance methanol Injection.

vr2turbo

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:20 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,484 posts
QUOTE (V406198 @ Dec 31 2008, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'm on Ferodo racing Ds2500 with my mini 4 pots now, what i can say is the ferodo are work very well on daily drive & hard braking stopping ( love the sound of braking Vooooooommmmmm ) except with quite lots of dust & abit noisy compare to my previous used normal Ferodo spec pad & Sumitomo pad(both on my twin pots ) ..and can't comment on track use as never been there yet..

yc,
I thought the new EBC Yellow stuff suppose to work cold also, or are you having the older Yellow stuff compound.

Richard,
Ferodo DS2500 cold bite how?

I tried a "King's" 800 degree one last time. Good only when really hot. Cold, no bite at all. Even when warm, still not much bite, but when really hot these jokers, touch the brake pedal and feel the bite. I know what yc means by "shiok"...ha! ha!
But for daily use cannot use, so took them out....

rdgs,

V406198

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:32 PM

V406198

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Dec 31 2008, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yc,
I thought the new EBC Yellow stuff suppose to work cold also, or are you having the older Yellow stuff compound.

Richard,
Ferodo DS2500 cold bite how?

I tried a "King's" 800 degree one last time. Good only when really hot. Cold, no bite at all. Even when warm, still not much bite, but when really hot these jokers, touch the brake pedal and feel the bite. I know what yc means by "shiok"...ha! ha!
But for daily use cannot use, so took them out....

rdgs,

vr2turbo
the cold bite of ferodo DS2500 are as other performance/track pad that need few warm up braking before it reach the working temp..so morning i will drive very very very slow...hehehe.
2004 S60R. AT. Tit Grey. Nordkap. 18" Pegs. TME SportCat Exhaust DP & Cat Back System. TME Lower Spring. Garrett GT3071R. RC 750cc Injectors. FMIC. K&N Filter. Pegasus 3" CAI. IPD HD TCV. IPD HD Ignition Coil, IPD 25mm Front Sway Bar. UR Custom 23mm Rear Sway Bar. UR Front & Rear Strut Bars. Stainless Steel Brake Hoses. Audi TT DV, Saab 900 ATF Cooler. TkiMotorSportRacing & IPD HD Link Rod. H&R 5mm Front Wheel Spacer. Endless Sport 0-400 Front Brake Pad. ScangaugeII Diagnostic Gauge. Stages 2 Snow Performance methanol Injection.

vr2turbo

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:53 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,484 posts
QUOTE (V406198 @ Dec 31 2008, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
vr2turbo
the cold bite of ferodo DS2500 are as other performance/track pad that need few warm up braking before it reach the working temp..so morning i will drive very very very slow...hehehe.

But the King's that I had, could not heat up enough. It is like having to step on the brakes and drive then can...ha! ha!
That was why I wanted to try the new EBC Yellow stuff, which suppose to bite when slightly warm.
In the end, stick to Bendix Titanium since not into racing...... biggrin.gif

eddievh

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:03 PM

eddievh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
In this thread Redd said EBC very lousy wor,you dare to try ar?
http://forum.autowor...pic=39892&st=20

vr2turbo

Posted 01 January 2009 - 04:48 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,484 posts
QUOTE (eddievh @ Dec 31 2008, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In this thread Redd said EBC very lousy wor,you dare to try ar?
http://forum.autowor...pic=39892&st=20

EBC Greenstuff is top seller woh......but at RM400 per set, don't want to try loh...

rdgs,

eddievh

Posted 01 January 2009 - 05:22 PM

eddievh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jan 1 2009, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
EBC Greenstuff is top seller woh......but at RM400 per set, don't want to try loh...

rdgs,

Why don't you try Trestor Advantage and let us know the result. Last time i use it for my W124 very good this pad. It should be as good as Bendix Metal King.