Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Brake Pads

• Please log in to reply

fkmfkm

Posted 29 December 2008 - 01:45 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (eddievh @ Dec 29 2008, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bendix titanium are made in Australia or FMP malaysia?

I was told Malaysia...

vr2turbo

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:53 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (YSW @ Dec 29 2008, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, VR2,

I'm fine, thanks!

Wow, Your are really a loyal user of Bendix, no doubt about that!
I was like you sometimes ago, I wouldn't use anything other than Bendix, that time Bendix was made by FMP Australia (by Allied Signal, aka Honeywell), grip is progressive, anticipated and minimal rotor wear and noise. Metal King plus and Gold were my choice. the last Bendix was bought in 2003 which the performance was starting to deteriorate, at that point of time, Federal Mogul showed interest in buying Bendix from Honeywell. if I'm not mistaken, Don Malaysia, which was the maker of Don brake pad, competitor of Bendix at that time stopped making Don and changed its name to FMP Malaysia and started production for Bendix and Trestor. Probably that explains why there were sudden change of quality on Bendix Metal King at that time.

Frankly, I still have doubt with the quality of the brake pad made by FMP Malaysia. Maybe I would reconsider buying Bendix CT for my next change with regards to your review.

YSW,

Actually not lah! I wanted to change but dare not. This is what happened. After the first set of MK Plus, the spare shop recommended a Thai Made "King's", Not Metal King, but "King's". Almost double in price and good until 800 degree.
The brake when really really hot is just fantastic, but for town use, it is really hopeless as it cannot heat up enough. I used only for one week only and removed it and still in storage. (Anyone who is going to the tracks, I can sponsor...ha! ha!)
So next went in MK Gold. After this set wanted to change to Rapid Stop, but when I wanted to change "maddie" landed up in hospital and my brake pads was down to the metal already, so what to do, got another MK and that is the Titanium.
I am driving a turbo lah, and need to be able to stop...ha! ha!. I don't want to start testing other pads and if find them no good, I will be wasting my time and money. Before the first set finished I did a search and went through a lot of forum to seek my next set. EBC, Endless, Project U, Brembo, Mintex, Ferrodo, Akebono, Hawk, Sumitomo are some of the pads I seek out. Some had pros and cons, therefore still dare not dare to invest in it, because of the price. EBC Green are like RM390 per set, EBC Yellow at RM590, Project U and Endless were also around RM500 plus. So finally stick to something that has been used before and that is MK. So it looks like MK supporter loh....ha! ha!

rdgs,

vr2turbo

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:59 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (clvnator @ Dec 29 2008, 03:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WAH!! Firstly, to all the taikos' replies, THANK YOU very much!!

It looks like Bendix Metal King Titanium is highly recommended, but (posted to VR2) is the "eating" or the rotor really at the worrying level?? I saw quite a few reviews about this matter already. Can you comment or in any comparison justify how much is the "erosion" occuring to the rotors?

Dust levels... I don't wash my car often... Too seldom... Maybe 1 year once or twice only... Coz it'll get dirty almost immediately... So, can be said I only can take care of the car "systemically" or "in the engine and parts only".... The rest, such as outlooks, I dun care... Just wondering is the dust a lot? What color is the dust? What color of rims do I need to change to, if I need to "camouflage" or blend the dust with my rims? (I know this is a funny question from a f**king lazy guy like me, but it's juz me...) Hahaha....

Thanks, bro VR2 and YSW again....

PS - Lari from topic a bit, is there twin pot brakes for Myvi (non ABS model)? Also, any rotors you can recommend to work together with Bendix MK Titanium so that rotor wear is minimized and rotor warping problem is eliminated? Thanks a million!!

Regards.

clvnator,
I would not say highly recommend, but since I have used before and know what it is capable of, then only recommend loh..
If MK Titanium can stop my turbo, the stopping a NA should be no problem.
As for Makan disc, well for most pads, if they got bite and have stopping power, mostly probably will makan the disc kuah?
Maybe my disc is thicker from Original VR4, now on 3rd set of MK and skim only once since using MK pads and already 7 to 8 years use, I think they are good enough, right?
For you, use gunmetal colour rims as the brake dust are of rust colour...ha! ha! But be warned, if the brake dust are left on too long, it will eat into the surface and cannot be removed in later stages.
As for the disc, use on the original first and see how long they can last. No point without testing you go and change them. After market brakes should have upgraded brake system for your Myvi.

rdgs,

vr2turbo

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:49 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Dec 29 2008, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was told Malaysia...

I think now mostly local made...

rdgs,

eddievh

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:19 PM

eddievh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
If decide to use Trestor,make you sure you use Trestor Advantage don't choose Trestor 2 star. 2 star got quite bad cold performance unless you got a very strong leg biggrin.gif .

TheLegend

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:20 PM

TheLegend

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Dec 30 2008, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
YSW,

Actually not lah! I wanted to change but dare not. This is what happened. After the first set of MK Plus, the spare shop recommended a Thai Made "King's", Not Metal King, but "King's". Almost double in price and good until 800 degree.
The brake when really really hot is just fantastic, but for town use, it is really hopeless as it cannot heat up enough. I used only for one week only and removed it and still in storage. (Anyone who is going to the tracks, I can sponsor...ha! ha!)
So next went in MK Gold. After this set wanted to change to Rapid Stop, but when I wanted to change "maddie" landed up in hospital and my brake pads was down to the metal already, so what to do, got another MK and that is the Titanium.
I am driving a turbo lah, and need to be able to stop...ha! ha!. I don't want to start testing other pads and if find them no good, I will be wasting my time and money. Before the first set finished I did a search and went through a lot of forum to seek my next set. EBC, Endless, Project U, Brembo, Mintex, Ferrodo, Akebono, Hawk, Sumitomo are some of the pads I seek out. Some had pros and cons, therefore still dare not dare to invest in it, because of the price. EBC Green are like RM390 per set, EBC Yellow at RM590, Project U and Endless were also around RM500 plus. So finally stick to something that has been used before and that is MK. So it looks like MK supporter loh....ha! ha!

rdgs,

hi..vr2turbo from AW bro....kekeke... wink.gif

if compare to MK gold and MK titanium...which one better?...some ppl said not much different??... sad.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:05 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (TheLegend @ Dec 30 2008, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi..vr2turbo from AW bro....kekeke... wink.gif

if compare to MK gold and MK titanium...which one better?...some ppl said not much different??... sad.gif

Gold sudah habis...ha! ha!
I have tried all 3. MK Plus, MK Gold and now Mk Titanium.

Plus full of metal, can say makan disc a bit. Made in Australia

Gold has brass/copper filing in replace of metal, that is why gold in colour. Suppose to be better than plus on the fade part, but very slight only. Made in Thailand if not mistaken

Titanium is metal colour, so back to original silver black colour. To me I would say this is better. The initial cold bite is less, but when heated up has less fade then the previous two. Moreover with the titanium stripe, no need bedding in. Immediate fit, immediate bite. Heard it is local made.

You can try the lower MK General CT (Ceramic Technology)

rdgs,

ycfoo

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:19 AM

ycfoo

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
how about Bendix Ultimate?? any one try this before???

vr2turbo

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:31 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (ycfoo @ Dec 31 2008, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how about Bendix Ultimate?? any one try this before???

yc,
This will be good for your track use...ha! ha!
Could not get my size here. Tried to get my brother is Australia to get for me, and he mention it is in the region of RM500 per set, and more over the life span is 1/3 of the original only.

rdgs,

antzan

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:15 AM

antzan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
halo sifu's..

Can anyone brief me on the rating if the brake pad...FF etc..newbies... rolleyes.gif ned to replace my City iDsi very soon...sudah bunyi mali.. sad.gif

Anyone also can give clue on the price of the brake like they r doing on the engine oil forum.... tongue.gif