Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

B5 - Biodiesel 5%

• Please log in to reply

vios2000

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:21 PM

vios2000

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts
QUOTE (MASsenger @ Nov 11 2013, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok so you also did not take the plunge la. Having owned Bimer before, I know what the maintenance cost will be and that is still holding me back. One must be prepared for it, as parts do run on rather short life.

Well the price is good but the material at dashboard doesn'tlooks like a BMW... anyhow.the more I drive my forester the more I like it.

MASsenger

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
QUOTE (vios2000 @ Nov 13 2013, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well the price is good but the material at dashboard doesn'tlooks like a BMW... anyhow.the more I drive my forester the more I like it.

Ya I know,BMW really killed it with the plastic panel. So many complaints of cheap look for a car of this price.

The REALdeal

c4rno

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:47 PM

c4rno

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
Biodiesel fuel will reduce environmental effects. There is strong evidence that biodiesel impacts on engine performance and durability.

1)Biodiesel is prone to fuel dilution and fuel concentration in the sump
2)Oil viscosities can change and lubricants quickly go ā€œout of gradeā€
3)Viscosities can also increase due to oxidation
4)Increased levels of piston deposits can occur with the likelihood of sludge formation
5)Biodiesel increases the risk of bacterial and fungal contamination in the fuel system

All the above can lead to performance problems (engine will not start if the fuel filter becomes blocked), higher maintenance costs and even reduced engine life.

Use the Millers Diesel Ecomax...cleans injectors,adds cetane,kills those bacteria in the biodiesel which causes sludge and clogs up the DPF.