Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

help ! my wira idle rpm drops when on aircond ...

• Please log in to reply

g88

Posted 22 February 2005 - 01:03 PM

g88

Duke of Hazzard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,280 posts
compressor sound, aircond belt sound ?

dukehazard

Posted 22 February 2005 - 02:38 PM

dukehazard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
guys,

i drive a wira 1.3 aeroback so takda rpm meter but i think i'm having a
similar problem.

when my engine is idle, the engine (more like the aircond) makes a lot of
noise. like the very engine vibrates violently. any ideas?

silbi

Posted 22 February 2005 - 03:13 PM

silbi

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
try servicing the throttle body...sometimes this bugger got clogged up
with carbon, debris etc etc...

BridgestoneRE711

Posted 22 February 2005 - 04:06 PM

BridgestoneRE711

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,174 posts
trottle body serviced last 6 month ....

addwin

Posted 23 February 2005 - 01:41 AM

addwin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Guys, my wira was getting worse last week, engine die once foot left the
accelelator. I sent my car to a service centre where the mechanic did the
dianosis and opened the trottle body.

The root cause : again, broken servo kit.

The whole package inclusive of dianosis, changed genuine servo kit, clean
trottle body, re-tune engine....cost me RM220.

The result : idling rpm = 800, aircond kicks in; rpm dropped to 600 but
soon recovered back to nearly 800. Everything seems ok, no vibration,
engine quiet... but when engaged in "D", the rpm dropped to about 600.
This is not good, a little vibrate and the engine seems will die any
time......The mechanic said that was the highest he can set and I need to
change the trottle body if want to gain higer rpm.

anyway, have to bear with it, now shift to "N" every time stop at traffic
light to avoid standing on "D".

Any one any recomendation?

g88

Posted 23 February 2005 - 09:10 AM

g88

Duke of Hazzard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,280 posts
idling setting would be depend on car/engine condition...if your engine is
ages your timing might be different from new engine...

sianglee

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:45 PM

sianglee

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
Bros got aby solution not my wira 1.5m 1999 getting the damn vibrations when air cond is on!
Cleaned the tb already but still the same. Any one success doing the rpm adjustment for air cobd running rpm??

ChasV

Posted 21 October 2015 - 10:56 PM

ChasV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Many years no posting in this thread but I am both looking for the answer and may also have one.

All the posts were going round and round and the reason is nobody is looking at the factory service manual for the car.

My 2001 1.3 manual EFI has the same problem.

The BOOK says for the 4G13 engine the idle should be 750 and with AC on it must kick up to 850. 

Right now my car is two weeks at a Proton dealer in Penang and they do not know whats wrong. Before this visit, I paid for three tuneups at RM150 each because other shops said thats all it needs. So why the idle drop with AC and the car shaking so bad? This Proton dealer said it was the motor mounts and replaced all. Still the drop in RPM but no shaking. Sure I know they didnt find the root cause! Now they take the ECU out of the car and having it tested. They also replaced the fuel pump and now the car wont even start (with old ECU still installed).

I had a 2001 Toyota with the same problem and there is a device which caused the idle to bump up. I replaced that device and all was well. I cannot see the Wira has the same device so either the ECU is faulty and cannot read the throttle position, or there is another device that is faulty and it must be found. FICD?

This Proton dealer had their service books confiscated by Proton parent so they cannot refer to the book for proper testing of components. My book is for an older Lancer but still 4G13 but maybe in Japan the parts were not the same, or by 2001 there was another method of fixing this. Its very frustrating. The techs at this Proton dealer dont know the older cars so finding someone who truly knows and has the hand-held is hard to find.

Meantime, its NOT the throttle body, steering bushings, ac compressor, dirt, age, none of that. The ECU is faulty and maybe need to be changed, the FICD is broken, something like that. All those electric parts around the EFI, there is a test procedure for every part but Proton company lacks the knowledge, hence the extreme waste of time and money chasing this problem. 

I will go back to Proton tomorrow and see if I can get them to read this thread for ideas!

vr2turbo

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:16 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts

As far as I know Proton idling FICD have a plastic screw inside, somewhere the tb is. Heard many cases the screw broken, something like that.

Another way is to mod FICD of other car in, heard some member did it

ChasV

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:35 PM

ChasV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Ok, i can ask Proton to check that screw.

Is the FICD considered the root cause of the AC idle drop? 

Im surprised that Proton COMPANY had no idea about this problem. Its their bloody car! To think I should have paid for motor mounts to simply lessen the shaking after the idle drop is just DUMB. I KNEW there was a failed idle compensation device causing this, (or failure of the ECU to detect that the throttle position needed to change) and Proton said there is no such device on the car. Cannot be!

But again, nobody is using the Service Book which explains in detail, so it takes an experienced pro to know.