Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Dangerous Car Failure Without Warning

• Please log in to reply

jamespaul

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

jamespaul

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Nov 16 2013, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thats why they provide warranty and not guarantee.
its not just vw or bmw or even proton.all can have this sort of problem.
its quite nervy when u loss power while cruising at letsay 90kmh.imagine no power steering and the brakes require lots more force to work.i know it 1st hand when i encounter speed sensor problem,engine shut off while cruising.

The VW scandal is actually really big, VW has firmly denied that their car has no issues.

There was a case where by a lady was overtaking a car but got hit by a lorry on the other side as her car "refuses" to accelerate. This is the DSG7 issue that has been reported many times.

The poor lady died.

http://www.dailymail...ight-fuses.html

If their car has no issues, they wouldnt issue a recall.

there are many videos available online to show the gearbox failures and yet VW stand firm that their car is fine.

jamespaul

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:05 PM

jamespaul

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
Additional reads, you all should decide for yourselves whats good for yourself, your family and everyone around you.

http://news.drive.co...1115-2xlp8.html

VW is being irresponsible. there should be greater action than just a recall.

i admit, at reasonable prices, you get good performances and good features. but, in the case of protecting my family, i will NEVER buy a VW.

I know of many VW drivers, who wished they changed their cars but are tied down to poor resale value and long loans.

Mikhai

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

Mikhai

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts
QUOTE (kcyang @ Nov 18 2013, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Mikhai,

Did the SC change the whole fuel tank together with the fuel pump?

Did you notice any whistling sound or some sort of motor moving sound coming from the driver rear seat prior to the failure?

They just told me they changed the fuel pump "control unit".
There is totally no sign of problem before failure. It should be an electronic controller only...

My friend only change the controller for his Waja after 10 years.
VW got problem after 2 years... Hopefully everything will be good for the rest of the service life.
Only can hope...

kcyang

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:41 AM

kcyang

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
QUOTE (Mikhai @ Nov 19 2013, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They just told me they changed the fuel pump "control unit".
There is totally no sign of problem before failure. It should be an electronic controller only...

My friend only change the controller for his Waja after 10 years.
VW got problem after 2 years... Hopefully everything will be good for the rest of the service life.
Only can hope...

I got the fuel tank & pump changed after 14K km when i noticed the annoying sound coming from the rear seat. I was informed that it's common for this model :-(. I guess i'll have to check with SC again if this is related to the fuel pump control unit. Hope your ride is running fine now.

kcyang

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:04 AM

kcyang

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
QUOTE (jamespaul @ Nov 19 2013, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The VW scandal is actually really big, VW has firmly denied that their car has no issues.

There was a case where by a lady was overtaking a car but got hit by a lorry on the other side as her car "refuses" to accelerate. This is the DSG7 issue that has been reported many times.

The poor lady died.

there are many videos available online to show the gearbox failures and yet VW stand firm that their car is fine.

Hmm....she was hit from "behind" and her car is a manual transmission. I can't help but to wonder how fast the truck was travelling to cause such a tragic event.

I have to agree that the DSG 7 is a total failure and VW lackadaisical attitude is totally unacceptable. I believe they'll definitely get it when the "sales" hit them.

jamespaul

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

jamespaul

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
QUOTE (kcyang @ Nov 20 2013, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got the fuel tank & pump changed after 14K km when i noticed the annoying sound coming from the rear seat. I was informed that it's common for this model :-(. I guess i'll have to check with SC again if this is related to the fuel pump control unit. Hope your ride is running fine now.

14k km fuel pump needs to be changed? thats just sad.

ckl050877

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:22 AM

ckl050877

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
I talked about this with colleagues during lunch. Out of 6 of them, only 1 person aware of this issue. They are so shocked and do not believe this is actually happened to VW. Those that not really follow automotive news, they will be cheated by VW brand image easily.

vq20

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

vq20

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Nov 16 2013, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i know it 1st hand when i encounter speed sensor problem,engine shut off while cruising.

i have a similar problem when my rpm will drop until engine dies off when i shift to N to coast. it happens when engine is cold but after warming up, there's no problem.

i'm not sure if it is the same problem as yours. how do you rectify it?

vr2turbo

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:33 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,561 posts
QUOTE (jamespaul @ Nov 19 2013, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The poor lady died.

Hmmm... Malaysian Models not affected? smile_question.gif

cute_boboi

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

cute_boboi

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts
QUOTE (vq20 @ Nov 22 2013, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have a similar problem when my rpm will drop until engine dies off when i shift to N to coast. it happens when engine is cold but after warming up, there's no problem.

i'm not sure if it is the same problem as yours. how do you rectify it?

Unlike a pure manual clutch, shift to N will totally free up the gear for coasting.
I read somewhere that the manual states do NOT shift to N until complete stop for conventional auto-boxes and DSG.

"When Columbus started out he didn`t know where he was going. When he got there he didn`t know where he was and when he got back he didn`t know where he had been." - Anonymous