Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Suprima S

• Please log in to reply

ziggy71w

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:39 PM

ziggy71w

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Nov 15 2013, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ziggy,
if u have a choice of a brand new waja 1.8 and the suprima....which one u choose?

no offence but i wont part with my 1.8 for the suprima.....
the 1.8 has few upper hand like the leather is more upmarket.
the interior has better design to me and the vvt plus dpo gearbox is a gem though it gives lower output.

Unfortunately I cannot compare much my 1.8 with suprima. My 1.8 was the best proton car I had. Used it for 10 years with 240k+ km. Good work horse. But I had to let her go.

Suprima's ride is great. She hugs the road really well. I don't need much power but the torque is more than I need. I would choose suprima. But it is good if you like 1.8 because it requires someone to appreciate that 1.8.

Gunnerzz

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:58 AM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (ziggy71w @ Nov 15 2013, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unfortunately I cannot compare much my 1.8 with suprima. My 1.8 was the best proton car I had. Used it for 10 years with 240k+ km. Good work horse. But I had to let her go.

Suprima's ride is great. She hugs the road really well. I don't need much power but the torque is more than I need. I would choose suprima. But it is good if you like 1.8 because it requires someone to appreciate that 1.8.

what do u think abt the stock achilles tyre.
last time when i test drove the inspira,the tyre is a total letdown as there are behaving like a mid level tyre despite gt radial marketing it as a uhp tyre. achillles are known in the drifting scene but the brand itself is so-so.

for a performance oriented car i was expecting something like continental sport contact like what proton shod the neo with.

ckl050877

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

ckl050877

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
Why Proton still can not increase the sales even with Preve and Suprima S? Proton has to know his customer group. Sorry to say that, no offence, majority of Proton owners are from low income group. The price of above RM70K is too much for them. World has been changed. Even though, national cars are still under protection in Boleh Land but people just need to top up a bit from RM70k, then they can have many choices.

Yes, if we compare same segment and same price, Proton seems to offer a good overall package but people will still buy other brands, for example Toyota Vios or Honda City or even Nissan Almera. Whether we agree or not, this is a fact. People do not mind to buy smaller car with less accessories but what they want is problem (less) free throughout their ownership.

Brand image is still very important for us. A good example from myself, after came out from exhibition hall of KLIMS, there was a survey company approached me for an survey. The guy asked me what did I think for Perodua booth. I told him honestly that I just bypassed Perodua's booth because my intension was focus on other "nice" cars and I did not need to be there if I wanted to see Perodua's cars.

ziggy71w

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:28 AM

ziggy71w

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Nov 16 2013, 09:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what do u think abt the stock achilles tyre.
last time when i test drove the inspira,the tyre is a total letdown as there are behaving like a mid level tyre despite gt radial marketing it as a uhp tyre. achillles are known in the drifting scene but the brand itself is so-so.

for a performance oriented car i was expecting something like continental sport contact like what proton shod the neo with.

I have not tested the tyres yet. But I figure that the performance will be like GY NCT3. I used Proxes C1S for my old 1.8. They were great but the wear was rate is higher. I also haven't checked how much it will cost to get new 17" tyres for suprima. The current tyres will do for now I think.

ziggy71w

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:26 AM

ziggy71w

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
QUOTE (ckl050877 @ Nov 17 2013, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why Proton still can not increase the sales even with Preve and Suprima S? Proton has to know his customer group. Sorry to say that, no offence, majority of Proton owners are from low income group. The price of above RM70K is too much for them. World has been changed. Even though, national cars are still under protection in Boleh Land but people just need to top up a bit from RM70k, then they can have many choices.

Yes, if we compare same segment and same price, Proton seems to offer a good overall package but people will still buy other brands, for example Toyota Vios or Honda City or even Nissan Almera. Whether we agree or not, this is a fact. People do not mind to buy smaller car with less accessories but what they want is problem (less) free throughout their ownership.

Brand image is still very important for us. A good example from myself, after came out from exhibition hall of KLIMS, there was a survey company approached me for an survey. The guy asked me what did I think for Perodua booth. I told him honestly that I just bypassed Perodua's booth because my intension was focus on other "nice" cars and I did not need to be there if I wanted to see Perodua's cars.

Yes, I guess you are right on Japanese cars perception. Proton's reputations sufferred a lot until DS Syed took over the helm quite some time ago (only to see him left after Preve was launched). He did a good job I think.

Anyhow, putting politics aside although they play important role, it depends on a lot of factors why a person appraise a car. To me I can still live with proton. I have a CRV but I think I like my suprima better. smile_wink.gif

ckl050877

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:22 AM

ckl050877

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
QUOTE (ziggy71w @ Nov 19 2013, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, I guess you are right on Japanese cars perception. Proton's reputations sufferred a lot until DS Syed took over the helm quite some time ago (only to see him left after Preve was launched). He did a good job I think.

Anyhow, putting politics aside although they play important role, it depends on a lot of factors why a person appraise a car. To me I can still live with proton. I have a CRV but I think I like my suprima better. smile_wink.gif

Yes, but no more after the car starts to give your problems................Let put aside Proton's premier car. If we look at saga and persona. The cars start to give loud rattling sound all over the car in just less than 1 year. My colleague, is a salesman, he buy persona to run sales, problem here and there........

If Proton takes care of these owners, they shall upgrade to more premium Proton's cars when they afford for better car.

yeong

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:05 AM

yeong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts
QUOTE (ckl050877 @ Nov 17 2013, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For inspira case: Love it after test drove but couldn't commit to one even with huge discount then, sImply b'cos I disagree the "Smart Guys get it" tagline which be-little Lancer & their owner. If P1 had honestly stated it is license built from Mitsubishi, put a small 3 diamonds at the side & pass those tagline, who know I would have been an Inspira owner.

Rest of their cars, Preve & Exora included, interest totally fade after test drove -- so un-refined the drive train. Plus of cos the image issue above.

mosh

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
later we have i-vtec powered car with proton logo thanks to DRB Hicom.... no more mitsu jv
the show goes on.. eat pop corn. smile_sleepy.gif

Nabworld

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:01 AM

Nabworld

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
agree with u....its the general unrefined nature of the car that iritates n leaves a bad taste...
tested preve few mnths back....

i think campro been in life for a decade now,time to get sting new or even liscence a new engine frm somewhere...the industry is full collaboration when it comes with engines and gearboxes....

another point is the CVT contributes greatly to the unrefinement of the car....time to ditch it and get a regular 5-6 speed slushbox...the new once are as efficient minus the irritation

i dont see any FC gain with a CVT,but i see being annoyed using it....after my FLX i wil never ever get a car with a cvt no matter how advance thy get....i should murder whoever invented it !

ckl050877

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:28 AM

ckl050877

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
Sometimes, it is not we as a consumer wants to spend more for a "better" car. We have to if we afford it. It is sad to tell that Proton (same thing happened to Perodua) learns nothing after being operating for more than 25 years. Proton is just a Lego player, buy parts and assemble only.

Let see Japanese cars at early of 1970s, they build up their brand image after 20 years of hard works..........

If we still implement protection policy, Proton shall be the same even it manage to survive for another 25 years.