Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Suprima S

• Please log in to reply

ziggy71w

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

ziggy71w

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
Hello there,

I just got my Suprima S. Anyone would like to share their experience?

vr2turbo

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:31 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (ziggy71w @ Oct 30 2013, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello there,

I just got my Suprima S. Anyone would like to share their experience?

How about you sharing your experience instead since you have one already. Anyway, will transfer you to Proton topic thread... smile_tongue.gif

ziggy71w

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

ziggy71w

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 31 2013, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about you sharing your experience instead since you have one already. Anyway, will transfer you to Proton topic thread... smile_tongue.gif

Thanks. That will do it. Will start it soon.

ziggy71w

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:57 AM

ziggy71w

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
QUOTE (ziggy71w @ Oct 31 2013, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks. That will do it. Will start it soon.

Anybody knows how to change back the language in the entertainment system back to English? I was playing with the settings when I got the car and accidentally changed the language to Spanish. When I tried to change it back to English, no other languages available. Strange but true. This is under Android settings.

ziggy71w

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:41 AM

ziggy71w

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
QUOTE (ziggy71w @ Oct 31 2013, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anybody knows how to change back the language in the entertainment system back to English? I was playing with the settings when I got the car and accidentally changed the language to Spanish. When I tried to change it back to English, no other languages available. Strange but true. This is under Android settings.

Is it only me or no one is interested to talk about this car? unsure.gif

Gunnerzz

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:09 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (ziggy71w @ Nov 4 2013, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it only me or no one is interested to talk about this car? unsure.gif

well, as u already notice there are still not much suprima on the road.
most typical malaysian treats it as just another proton which is really not the case.
majority of malaysian just cant afford the price.

i have exp the preve and although its brief, i can say that the improvement is huge from proton.
i have to admit its not perfect but for the price its asking its the best offer out there for a new car.
with the suprima, without driving it i will give it the nod in the driving dynamic department.
at this moment and age i am having the driving dynamic as my no 1 prirority which is i never have interest other more reputable brand.

anyway....can i get a test drive from u.... smile_tongue.gif ?
i know a route to test its ability.....
promise u i be gentle.... smile_tongue.gif

amir

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:36 PM

amir

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Nov 5 2013, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
most typical malaysian treats it as just another proton which is really not the case.

i have exp the preve and although its brief, i can say that the improvement is huge from proton.
i have to admit its not perfect but for the price its asking its the best offer out there for a new car.
with the suprima, without driving it i will give it the nod in the driving dynamic department.
at this moment and age i am having the driving dynamic as my no 1 prirority which is i never have interest other more reputable brand.

My next door neighbour bought a white suprima s exec premium. From my borak2 with him, he seemed satisfied with his ride. I've inspected the suprima up close and although I love the ride and handling of lotus tuned proton, I'm not ready to own my fourth proton mainly due to the rough interior finishing and unpleasant ownership experience. I am still waiting for the day when proton has reach this level (see pic below). Then I will not hesitate to buy another proton as I'm not into a badge thing...
vrs_suprima_s.jpg

ziggy71w

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:28 AM

ziggy71w

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Nov 5 2013, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello Gunnerzz,

I sold my Waja 1.8X and got this suprima last month. When preve came out last time, I did not have a chance to try out the car. So my own experience will only with suprima.

The car is still under 1k km. So far I will drive it during weekends. Tempted to go fast by I had to stop myself going beyond 120 km/h for now. Driving on D is smooth but I noticed that with CVT, engine braking is not as easy as my old waja 1.8. Driving on S mode is more interesting because the rev is higher maybe to maintain enough pressure on the turbo but fed hway is not the place for me to test this as there are too many cars. Maybe next time when driving outside of KL will give much better fun.

Driving with a CVT also make me feel driving a toy car or like a go kart.

On your request for test drive, go to the nearest dealer smile_wink.gif But they will have a fixed route maybe less fun.

ziggy71w

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:57 AM

ziggy71w

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
QUOTE (amir @ Nov 6 2013, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My next door neighbour bought a white suprima s exec premium. From my borak2 with him, he seemed satisfied with his ride. I've inspected the suprima up close and although I love the ride and handling of lotus tuned proton, I'm not ready to own my fourth proton mainly due to the rough interior finishing and unpleasant ownership experience. I am still waiting for the day when proton has reach this level (see pic below). Then I will not hesitate to buy another proton as I'm not into a badge thing...
vrs_suprima_s.jpg

Hi Amir,

To me when selecting a car I decided on the price, value and ease of maintenance among others. Japanese cars seem to be too expensive. Although you can get a good re-sales value, but the depreciation is the same as other proton cars. I think the reason why people are choosing Japanese is due to peace of mind perception. I feel that they are selling on face-list instead of innovations and features. Korean cars are better when it comes to innovations and features. But as an engineer who can still understand and fix my own car, I think they are a bit strange.

Europeans? Too sensitive. Good for 5 years and maybe the owner will suffer after that on maintenance. Well, this is still my personal opinion.

To those who have more info or would like to talk about suprima, I would appreciate it so much.

My request to ADMIN: When can we have Autoworld for Android?

Gunnerzz

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:11 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
ziggy,
if u have a choice of a brand new waja 1.8 and the suprima....which one u choose?

no offence but i wont part with my 1.8 for the suprima.....
the 1.8 has few upper hand like the leather is more upmarket.
the interior has better design to me and the vvt plus dpo gearbox is a gem though it gives lower output.