Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

2013 New Ssangyong Stavic

• Please log in to reply

hukaka

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:34 AM

hukaka

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
QUOTE (whathef @ Jul 8 2013, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi All,

Just need to know from current owner of Stavic. How's your mpv?
Im planning to get the 2013 model.

Please share your experience, especially on the diesel engine maintenance.

Current Stavic owner 2.7 2011 new car till now,thinking to sell it off to change proton exora.
Parts from CSSB Are expensive,the engine belt give problem after 50K km noice at the tensioner need to change cost rm 1300 for related component,the disk break pad gone every 45K km.the disk rotor need to change after 80K km.cost rm 2000 with new pair of disk rotor with pad and labor.
The most annoying problem will be the injector will cost a boom if you change or services rm 700 per services each one.so total you need change or services 5 unit.brand new injector rm 1500 perunit excluding labor charge,if you change the injector and get stuck or broken on the top then you need to doing top overhaul.cost you another boom.
please take care extremely to diesel station.
Tyre odd size so you need to change 4 to localize normal size tyre.rm1600 for 215/70R16 for yokohama geolander G055.
The resale value currently will be lost more then half of the purchase price.buy for Rm115K full spec drive after 30 month selling for Rm 55K from used car dealer.luckly Bank loan for 5 years and high downpayment other wise will desperate for this car.
Ride wise are good,comfy for long distance,solid build,fully import quality,but some minor plastic cosmetic problem.
Minor service will pay for rm 341 compare to last year they rised up the labor charge from 1 hour rm 80 to 1.5 hour rm 120.
Semi major almost rm 800 onwards,if major from Rm 1400 to rm 2300 it depends what item you change.most expensive will at 100K km.each 5000 need to send for services.
Diesel are save like my old wajunk.20 cent per km if long distance will more save.
Conclusion I do test drive the 2.0 version the engine sound has been significant reduce,but the power also reduces.
Road tax save a lot comparing rm 1370 vs rm 4++.
If this repayment finish I will save the rest for long term repairing found,and planing for second family sedan.hop this will help you.

dinster

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

dinster

6th Gear

• Members
  • 8 posts
Hi there... Planning to buy 2014 Stavic... Need more feedback from owners out there.. Pls share...

I dont care about resale value, coz i need space.. Just need to know about reliability of this model...