Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Naviwax - An Underrated (and Japanese) Best Car Wax?

• Please log in to reply

g88

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

g88

Duke of Hazzard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,280 posts
lately poisoned by Naviwax smile_tongue.gif found they have different version (packaging) according to market.

Generally they have

- light colour and white. + for scratches
- light colour and white + water repellent
- light colour and white + glossy finish

Not sure how many version are there for dark colour

SPiD3RMaN

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

SPiD3RMaN

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
Franklly, for this price, i don't consider it an underrated product.
But ... that's just me ... smile_approve.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:07 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,462 posts
QUOTE (g88 @ Aug 7 2013, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lately poisoned by Naviwax smile_tongue.gif found they have different version (packaging) according to market.

Generally they have

- light colour and white. + for scratches
- light colour and white + water repellent
- light colour and white + glossy finish

Not sure how many version are there for dark colour

Marketing strategy only.... smile_blackeye.gif

jklow123

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:49 PM

jklow123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
Very interesting topic that you've brought up.

I've been experimenting with loads of detailing products since 1981 and currently, I've been observing Naxiwax's performance on different cars for 8 mths. It was brought into Msia by one of my customer.

Ease of application: Above average
You can use the "mist+apply+wipe off" method or apply it directly without using water. Both are easy to do.
Using MAWO to apply multiple layers did not result in any significantly noticeable improvement in looks (immediately and after 12hrs).

Ease of removal: Good.
Very easy to buff off when using the MAWO method above.
If you're applying without water, wait at least 1hr before buffing off or you could end up with oily haze/smudges that are a pain to remove on certain clearcoats. If you're applying this LSP directly on top of some sort of polish ", kindly be aware that Naviwax doesn't seem to integrate well with Autoglym products, resulting in ugly patches. Applied on top of DG 105...no problems at all.

Gloss Level: Above average
On well-prepped black and dark colours, the Dark Version noticeably darkened the colour giving an impression of enhanced richness/warmth. But it does not have that super-glossy, glassy look similar to the Klasse Twins and Zaino which some enthusiasts have claimed to look "fake".

On well-prepped light colours, the "Light Version" was not significantly different from the Dark Version.
IMO...it's a gimmick.
On more than 12 light-coloured cars (OEM and high-end resprayed jobs), I could not see the "pop" and "brightness" that I can get with other products.

Duration of impressive water beading: Above Average...based on the price.
Based on Audi, Beemer and Merc OEM clearcoats.
With 12hr curing time + no detailer sprays + once a week wash + parked indoors at night + approx 4-5hrs sunlight exposure daily......roughly 2mths max.
Note: Based on my testing, there appears to be a strong correlation between "durability" and the type of clearcoat and that clearcoat's characteristics (eg: flatness, smoothness, porosity, elasticity etc).

Resistance to serious stains: Above Average
A black BMW F10 was riddled with 1mth old tree sap. No liquid cleaners and solvents could remove it completely.
On the untreated area, had to resort to light sanding (!!)...no choice. Seriously etched into clearcoat.
On treated areas...1 round of Megs 85 solved the problem 100%.
On Honda OEM Tafetta white and BMW OEM white, there was very minimal "black lines" after few hrs in the rain. Any such minor stains could be easily washed off using car shampoo. No issues.
However, on White Myvi with OEM single-stage paint (no clearcoat) the classic problem of serious staining was noticeably reduced.

Resistance to watermark stains: Excellent...way better than most similar LSPs
Both versions were tested on 8 cars that were parked outside 24hrs a day, and washed only once a week.
All 8 cars had OEM paint with clearcoat, and on each car, half of the roof was treated with Megs M16, while the other half was done with Naviwax. I observed no watermarks at all on the Navi section. This was the most impressive aspect of this product.

To sum it up:
1. Those YT videos on Naviwax are a little over-hyped except for the part on outstanding water run-off and beading characteristics.
2. If your No1 priority is a durable DIY product that's not too expensive, easy to use, and your car is largely exposed without covered parking, and you seek a product that doesn't create more problems (staining, watermark etc)...Naviwax is worth exploring.

As usual, how great your paintwork looks with ANY LSP (even with proper surface prep) will primarily depend on the quality of the clearcoat and its characteristics.

vr2turbo

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:54 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,462 posts
Great feedback. Thanks.... smile_thumbup.gif

albakry

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:56 AM

albakry

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Anyone know where I can get this wax locally? Thanks

cbsteh

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:33 PM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
QUOTE (albakry @ Nov 23 2013, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can now get this at Autobacs Klang.

vr2turbo

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:08 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,462 posts
QUOTE (cbsteh @ Jan 19 2014, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can now get this at Autobacs Klang.

They seems to have a very wide selection including brands...... smile_thumbup.gif

jklow123

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:42 AM

jklow123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
QUOTE (albakry @ Nov 23 2013, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you buy it, remember to very lightly mist the paintwork first before applying Naviwax.
Apply in circular motion first to ensure even coverage, and then go left to right, and then top to bottom. Wipe off immediately.
So do 1 panel at a time. Allow at least 6hrs to cure before getting it wet.
Note: Never apply this product on top of any Autoglym products.

vr2turbo

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:45 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,462 posts
QUOTE (jklow123 @ Jan 20 2014, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you buy it, remember to very lightly mist the paintwork first before applying Naviwax.
Apply in circular motion first to ensure even coverage, and then go left to right, and then top to bottom. Wipe off immediately.
So do 1 panel at a time. Allow at least 6hrs to cure before getting it wet.
Note: Never apply this product on top of any Autoglym products.

What happens if it gets wet before curing? Gets washed off or get water marks?