Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Naviwax - An Underrated (and Japanese) Best Car Wax?

• Please log in to reply

cbsteh

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:08 PM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
Confusingly, there appears 3 types of Naviwax Ioncoat:

The glossy one which is the one people review about on the web:

This version gives high gloss, high repellency, high durability, but slightly harder to apply. This version is also the most expensive RM150-200 per can (250 g).

And there is this one:

This version gives lower gloss and durability, but it gives high repellency and very easy to apply.

Finally, there is this one:

This version is for covering minor scratches and contains some cleaners.

So, I am not sure which version bro jklow123 used and tested. However, I know for a fact one detailing shop here uses the second version.

vr2turbo

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:26 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
Easy to apply.... smile_tongue.gif For business that is the best..... smile_thumbup.gif

jklow123

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:59 PM

jklow123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
QUOTE (cbsteh @ Jan 20 2014, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Confusingly, there appears 3 types of Naviwax Ioncoat:

The glossy one which is the one people review about on the web:

This version gives high gloss, high repellency, high durability, but slightly harder to apply. This version is also the most expensive RM150-200 per can (250 g).

And there is this one:

This version gives lower gloss and durability, but it gives high repellency and very easy to apply.

Finally, there is this one:

This version is for covering minor scratches and contains some cleaners.

So, I am not sure which version bro jklow123 used and tested. However, I know for a fact one detailing shop here uses the second version.

I use all 3 types.
My comments were based on the 1st variant above (light blue can).
The Japs are never great in advertising, and like most coatings, were never intended for sale in our region.
Its people in this region who learned about it from the Net and then, start hunting for it.
I never believed what the mftr said, and did my own testing.
This product is merely good, but certainly not great. Pls dont believe everything you hear and see in YT. The Caucasian's climate, usage, expectations etc are different from Msian enthusiasts.

No LSP will give produce a significant magical transformation on any paintwork.

cbsteh

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:37 PM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
Okay, anyone wanting to get this wax from Autobacs Klang had better hurry. It seems someone has booked this wax by the boxes! One box has perhaps 10 tubs?

This wax has been taken off the shelves. So, go to the cashier counter and ask for this wax. If the cashier doesn't know what you are talking about, find someone else who does. The person who has booked this wax hasn't yet paid the deposit, so this wax is still fair game. Better hurry. Autobacs is only selling this wax (ver 1) for about RM55 compared to online prices of >RM150.

vr2turbo

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:05 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
Bro., you stay nearby. Seems to be very frequent in Autobacs..... smile_tongue.gif

CoffeeDude

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:01 AM

CoffeeDude

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts
QUOTE (cbsteh @ Feb 4 2014, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, anyone wanting to get this wax from Autobacs Klang had better hurry. It seems someone has booked this wax by the boxes! One box has perhaps 10 tubs?

This wax has been taken off the shelves. So, go to the cashier counter and ask for this wax. If the cashier doesn't know what you are talking about, find someone else who does. The person who has booked this wax hasn't yet paid the deposit, so this wax is still fair game. Better hurry. Autobacs is only selling this wax (ver 1) for about RM55 compared to online prices of >RM150.

Do you mean the light blue can version?
The high gloss, high repellency, high durability, but slightly harder to apply version.
The RM150-200 per can (250 g) version is now selling at RM55?

cbsteh

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:06 AM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
QUOTE (CoffeeDude @ Feb 5 2014, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you mean the light blue can version?
The high gloss, high repellency, high durability, but slightly harder to apply version.
The RM150-200 per can (250 g) version is now selling at RM55?

Yes, the first can with the orange trim (best gloss, durability, and repellency, but slight harder to apply). This is actually for dark colored cars but I think it can also be applied for light colored cars (no difference).

And yes, I can confirm Autobacs is selling for about RM55. Maybe call them and ask them to hold a can for you but you need to go there super fast unless you can pay a deposit for the booking.

CoffeeDude

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:59 PM

CoffeeDude

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts
QUOTE (cbsteh @ Feb 5 2014, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, the first can with the orange trim (best gloss, durability, and repellency, but slight harder to apply). This is actually for dark colored cars but I think it can also be applied for light colored cars (no difference).

And yes, I can confirm Autobacs is selling for about RM55. Maybe call them and ask them to hold a can for you but you need to go there super fast unless you can pay a deposit for the booking.

I'm scared to buy again.
I just spent RM360 a few months ago to buy Wolfgang detailing products and I've only used it once.
If I buy another wax my wife might kill me sterb324.gif smile_big.gif

KrisMas

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:33 PM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
QUOTE (CoffeeDude @ Feb 5 2014, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm scared to buy again.
I just spent RM360 a few months ago to buy Wolfgang detailing products and I've only used it once.
If I buy another wax my wife might kill me sterb324.gif smile_big.gif

No she won't....MUAHAHAHA.....

CoffeeDude

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:39 PM

CoffeeDude

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts
QUOTE (KrisMas @ Feb 5 2014, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No she won't....MUAHAHAHA.....

speaking from experience? .... WHAHAHAHA