Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Intercooler Broken

• Please log in to reply

wing

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

wing

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 618 posts
Hi all,

Anyone can recommend me a workshop to redo my intercooler?

The intercooler is broken at the side. Need a replacement unit but also need the workshop to modify a bracket to fit in the existing fan to the new cooler.

Prefer a place near Cheras area where possible.

Thx
My Kembara...almost anywhere also can.

vr2turbo

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
Intercooler with fan?

Bengong

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

Bengong

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 16 2012, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Intercooler with fan?

extra cooling... smile_big.gif
Bengong

V406198

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

V406198

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 16 2012, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Intercooler with fan?

since he mentioed broken at the site..i asumme it's radiator as commonly leak at the side. and further more only radiator need to pair with fan ..right ?
2004 S60R. AT. Tit Grey. Nordkap. 18" Pegs. TME SportCat Exhaust DP & Cat Back System. TME Lower Spring. Garrett GT3071R. RC 750cc Injectors. FMIC. K&N Filter. Pegasus 3" CAI. IPD HD TCV. IPD HD Ignition Coil, IPD 25mm Front Sway Bar. UR Custom 23mm Rear Sway Bar. UR Front & Rear Strut Bars. Stainless Steel Brake Hoses. Audi TT DV, Saab 900 ATF Cooler. TkiMotorSportRacing & IPD HD Link Rod. H&R 5mm Front Wheel Spacer. Endless Sport 0-400 Front Brake Pad. ScangaugeII Diagnostic Gauge. Stages 2 Snow Performance methanol Injection.

wing

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:37 AM

wing

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 618 posts

Hi all,

The rounded black is where it's broken and the rounded red is the suction fan where I'd want to have it on the new intercooler.

Any workshop recommendation and maybe a suggestion of a new intercooler?

V406198

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

V406198

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
QUOTE (wing @ Oct 17 2012, 08:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi all,

The rounded black is where it's broken and the rounded red is the suction fan where I'd want to have it on the new intercooler.

so my quessing are wrong.. it's a intercooler that i never see in my life.

Ok, back to PS question..

for the broken alum clipper on the side, actually you can go to any Radiator service/exhaust shop that around u and ask for full alum welding on that particular parts. no need to replace with new IC.

and for the suction fan, i just can't help as dont know what is the specification of the fan..
2004 S60R. AT. Tit Grey. Nordkap. 18" Pegs. TME SportCat Exhaust DP & Cat Back System. TME Lower Spring. Garrett GT3071R. RC 750cc Injectors. FMIC. K&N Filter. Pegasus 3" CAI. IPD HD TCV. IPD HD Ignition Coil, IPD 25mm Front Sway Bar. UR Custom 23mm Rear Sway Bar. UR Front & Rear Strut Bars. Stainless Steel Brake Hoses. Audi TT DV, Saab 900 ATF Cooler. TkiMotorSportRacing & IPD HD Link Rod. H&R 5mm Front Wheel Spacer. Endless Sport 0-400 Front Brake Pad. ScangaugeII Diagnostic Gauge. Stages 2 Snow Performance methanol Injection.

rallychamp

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (wing @ Oct 17 2012, 08:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi all,

agree with v4....go to any radiator shop to fully weld the seam.....

it is rare to se such turbo kembara smile_tongue.gif smile_thumbup.gif

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

wing

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

wing

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 618 posts
can they even weld it back? The broken part is where the fins are connected to the seam...throughout the seam!

The cooler has a label - Nissan. I think SR20.

vr2turbo

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
As far as I know, intercooler seldom break from there. Maybe a lot of vibration. Probably you will need a replacement instead.

To me, intercooler needs most cooling at high speed (turbo boost). Having a fan seems to block the air passage at high speed.

wing

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:09 AM

wing

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 618 posts
Very true vr2Turbo.

But mine does not have an opening on the bonnet for air to go through it. Thus, the fan to assist in pulling the air through it. Need this setup as the Kembara does offroading and occasionally go cruising some river.

something like this....

That's why I need the bonnet closed and the cooler high up. Less likely to be damaged.

So anyone can recommend a workshop? Need it repaired ASAP.