Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Mondeo in Malaysia Q1, 2009?

• Please log in to reply

matchip

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:08 PM

matchip

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts
QUOTE (bencklim @ Aug 17 2009, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At 180K, many will hold their pocket as it doesn't worth so much.
Again our Govt policies. Hopefully by end of Sept, Miti will come out a good plan for all ASEAN cars, get better price.
I don't mind to get a "Made in TomYam Land" car than paid 180k, as 180k, i can get a S40 dry.gif .

i was told the price range is from RM140K-170K, we're not sure of which model is coming, but likely to get the 2.3l ghia spec. if it's ever to be price at RM180K, let it be the 2.5T version with all the awesome gadgets inside (...but i doubt it). heard a lot in the mondeo forum that the 2.3l fc isn't that great but the 6 speed AT does helps. i'm hoping they bring few models rather than just one and fit them with accessories and kits.

we'll see what we'll get... s60 is more fair to compare to the mondeo. focus can eats s40 anyday (in the twisties).. hehehe.

DC18

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:29 AM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
QUOTE (matchip @ Aug 18 2009, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i was told the price range is from RM140K-170K, we're not sure of which model is coming, but likely to get the 2.3l ghia spec. if it's ever to be price at RM180K, let it be the 2.5T version with all the awesome gadgets inside (...but i doubt it). heard a lot in the mondeo forum that the 2.3l fc isn't that great but the 6 speed AT does helps. i'm hoping they bring few models rather than just one and fit them with accessories and kits.

we'll see what we'll get... s60 is more fair to compare to the mondeo. focus can eats s40 anyday (in the twisties).. hehehe.

have heard of pricing around camry 2.0 many months ago. now dunno

lowpro

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:33 AM

lowpro

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
i've seen the mondeo in singapore. it is huge and certainly has the size to take on the camry and accord. now sime darby needs to spec it well and sell it at peugeot 407 price... maybe a few grand more than the 407 as it is a much newer car than the 407 but it has to be lower than the japanese... for now until the europeans gain back the trust of the public. but it certainly is an impressive car and a welcome addition to the choices available. hopefully sime does not have too lofty a target for this car as it will surely not beat the japanese in the numbers game. the target imho, should be to slice away a bit of the japanese market share for now.
Let's talk about driving again!

DC18

Posted 19 August 2009 - 02:43 PM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
QUOTE (lowpro @ Aug 19 2009, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i've seen the mondeo in singapore. it is huge and certainly has the size to take on the camry and accord. now sime darby needs to spec it well and sell it at peugeot 407 price... maybe a few grand more than the 407 as it is a much newer car than the 407 but it has to be lower than the japanese... for now until the europeans gain back the trust of the public. but it certainly is an impressive car and a welcome addition to the choices available. hopefully sime does not have too lofty a target for this car as it will surely not beat the japanese in the numbers game. the target imho, should be to slice away a bit of the japanese market share for now.

so far sime marketing has been pricing their new models well. but their after sales service still needs major improvement.......sad

matchip

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:26 PM

matchip

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts
QUOTE (DC18 @ Aug 19 2009, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so far sime marketing has been pricing their new models well. but their after sales service still needs major improvement.......sad

agreed. what they did to the alfa 159 price is very attractive. hopefully they can make it to the mondeo as well.

i just replace my focus mk1 pulley tensioner, do you believe that damn thing is retail almost RM1,700 now?! i didn't check other sources but that's the price that came out from motor goh. even their themselves can't believe it. we did reconfirm the price. then the boss ask to check with escape 2.0 part number and the exactly same thing with different part number cost RM500 - which they have them in stock, which is the old price before SD takes over.

i'm hoping SD would just priced the mondeo, maintenance and spare parts at the right level.

DC18

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:40 PM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
QUOTE (matchip @ Aug 19 2009, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
agreed. what they did to the alfa 159 price is very attractive. hopefully they can make it to the mondeo as well.

i just replace my focus mk1 pulley tensioner, do you believe that damn thing is retail almost RM1,700 now?! i didn't check other sources but that's the price that came out from motor goh. even their themselves can't believe it. we did reconfirm the price. then the boss ask to check with escape 2.0 part number and the exactly same thing with different part number cost RM500 - which they have them in stock, which is the old price before SD takes over.

i'm hoping SD would just priced the mondeo, maintenance and spare parts at the right level.

yes spare part price is high too imagine a PIECE of focus mk2 absober is RM900 smile_tongue.gif .....well sime say due to no subsidy from Ford compare to when ford was here.

or u have to source from uk ebay and kemuncak ford spare part dealer

bencklim

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:36 AM

bencklim

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
QUOTE (DC18 @ Aug 19 2009, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes spare part price is high too imagine a PIECE of focus mk2 absober is RM900 smile_tongue.gif .....well sime say due to no subsidy from Ford compare to when ford was here.

or u have to source from uk ebay and kemuncak ford spare part dealer

Wow! the price so high! My wife think to change from Myvi to Focus after 1 year ride. Now have to really consider.. but Mondeo still a very good choice! smile_approve.gif

DC18

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:03 AM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
QUOTE (bencklim @ Aug 26 2009, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow! the price so high! My wife think to change from Myvi to Focus after 1 year ride. Now have to really consider.. but Mondeo still a very good choice! smile_approve.gif

u can source from spare shop for RM450 a peice
or singapore has after market under monroe for less than RM1k for a set of 4.
so if u own ford, u may need to look for cheaper parts which is avaiable just u need to find it.
mazda does have a few compatible parts

go to fomec.org to find out more

lowpro

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:43 PM

lowpro

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
DC, you are so right about the parts in singapore!

singapore is a more mature market for european brands as the brands over there compete equally unlike here. they have also been in singapore for a longer time so public acceptance to the european brands is much better (singapore used to sell about 400 units of saab a year while it is difficult to move even 100 in malaysia!!).

you would be able to find more oem and compatible replacement parts there for european cars. even the franchise holders there can sell you parts cheaper than malaysia as they hv very little tax on spare parts. their govt's concept is sell you an expensive car but allow you to maintain it well. here, the govt policy is sell you an expensive car and also make it difficult for you to maintain it. this i mean for all brands - japanese or european.

so, if you buy european, and have past the warranty period, singapore is a good shopping ground for parts. i was with saab before and many saab owners get their fix in singapore. can't blame them as the parts there are genuinely cheaper. ours are taxed till high heavens!!
Let's talk about driving again!

jayraptor

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:18 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
Hopefully by 2010 Ford could compete well in the market against Japanese rivals with these models:

B-segment (main priority):
1) Ford Fiesta 1.4/1.6 hot hatch
2) Ford Fiesta 1.6 sedan (Based on Ford Verve)

C-segment:
Ford Focus sedan/hatchback (currently selling)

D-segment:
Ford Mondeo 2.0 & 2.5 (2.0 is main priority - more affordable and lower road tax)

midi MPV:
new 2010 Ford C-MAX (based on focus platform)
2010 is year of MPV when enforcement (will be fined RM300) on rear seat belt begins

Just make sure selling price is right and bring in lots of spare parts including lower turnover on standby to eliminate the fear of no spare part, have to import.