Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Mondeo in Malaysia Q1, 2009?

• Please log in to reply

SpeedSnail

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:38 AM

SpeedSnail

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
QUOTE (DC18 @ Apr 1 2009, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow is almost a year since then.......how is ur hunt?

now the facelift also much cheaper and sedan sumo comes with 2.0 now.

Long story, DC18 sleep.gif . In the past one year, I have managed to lock on FF MKII 1.8, Home Minister rejected the the application. Then Mazda 3 1.6, once again it was rejected. Now I am driving one Honda Civic FD1 Gen 8.0 (1.8).

DC18

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:19 PM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
QUOTE (SpeedSnail @ Apr 2 2009, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Long story, DC18 sleep.gif . In the past one year, I have managed to lock on FF MKII 1.8, Home Minister rejected the the application. Then Mazda 3 1.6, once again it was rejected. Now I am driving one Honda Civic FD1 Gen 8.0 (1.8).

ahh ladies, seems like they are attracted to FD civic even my HM.

but after i bought Focus, she slowly appreciate non jap car like Golf GTI smile_tongue.gif

since u tested a few cars, which was best during test drive

SpeedSnail

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:01 PM

SpeedSnail

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
QUOTE (DC18 @ Apr 2 2009, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ahh ladies, seems like they are attracted to FD civic even my HM.

but after i bought Focus, she slowly appreciate non jap car like Golf GTI smile_tongue.gif

since u tested a few cars, which was best during test drive

Hmmm.... IMHO the following are my likes and dislikes of the three:

FF MKII 1.8
Dislikes: Sluggish in changing gear

Mazda 3 1.6
Dislikes: Underpower

Honda Civic FD1 1.8
Dislikes: It is not the car of my choice smile_tongue.gif .

So if you asked me to pick one now, I will go the the Mazda 3 2.0. (Which is non of the above)

jayraptor

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:30 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (V406198 @ Nov 13 2008, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if their wanted to boost the sale...CKD are the only way to go, just look
at how Ford Taiwan had done...ford focus are selling like hot cake
overthere and yet with offer of varies of engine`s version for your
choice from 1.8, s2.0, ST(CBU), TDi...even WRC limited version !

Yes, very true. To mass produce n reduce cost, it needs CKD just like back then in the early 90's where there are many Ford cars around.

Right now, the only model that could save Ford in Malaysia would be the new sedan Ford Fiesta. It's engine comes with dual hydraulic valve timing at Intake and Exhaust camshafts and heard that it achieves way better FC than Toyota, Nissan and could even challenge Honda's mechanical valve timing. Not sure how true but research shows that Fiesta has superb fuel economy.

As always, westerners are always smarter when provoked n being forced to retaliate. Can't deny it, they have that talent though lazy n ignorant. Focus really needs new technology in order to survive in today's market. It needs valve timing n the new 6-speed auto gearbox. Else, it'll be hard for Ford.

DC18

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:24 AM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
mazda 3 very good choice speedsnail but civic is not bad either in the end individual preferance

jayraptor,

focus is the best selling model in uk, dun think they wanna change something that has proven good sales. while in uk they do have other engine option like TDCi using the dual clutch system.

for the fiesta, as i know it is in a hatch form like honda jazz
not sure they have the sedan. yes it will be good if ford can increase their car model in malaysia

now we only have focus ranger everest escape

SpeedSnail

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:39 AM

SpeedSnail

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
QUOTE (DC18 @ Apr 3 2009, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mazda 3 very good choice speedsnail but civic is not bad either in the end individual preferance

jayraptor,

focus is the best selling model in uk, dun think they wanna change something that has proven good sales. while in uk they do have other engine option like TDCi using the dual clutch system.

not sure they have the sedan. yes it will be good if ford can increase their car model in malaysia

DC18 and the existing FF MKII owners, IMHO I still find the MKII version of 2005-early 2007 the best, the latest one is a bit of the cost cutting version to me smile_blackeye.gif .

V406198

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:05 AM

V406198

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
QUOTE (DC18 @ Apr 3 2009, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

jayraptor,

DC18

second to you that fiesta are always as hatch and never be a sedan as written by jayraptor......dunno where he got this information from.... always misinform.

2004 S60R. AT. Tit Grey. Nordkap. 18" Pegs. TME SportCat Exhaust DP & Cat Back System. TME Lower Spring. Garrett GT3071R. RC 750cc Injectors. FMIC. K&N Filter. Pegasus 3" CAI. IPD HD TCV. IPD HD Ignition Coil, IPD 25mm Front Sway Bar. UR Custom 23mm Rear Sway Bar. UR Front & Rear Strut Bars. Stainless Steel Brake Hoses. Audi TT DV, Saab 900 ATF Cooler. TkiMotorSportRacing & IPD HD Link Rod. H&R 5mm Front Wheel Spacer. Endless Sport 0-400 Front Brake Pad. ScangaugeII Diagnostic Gauge. Stages 2 Snow Performance methanol Injection.

matchip

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:30 PM

matchip

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts
QUOTE (SpeedSnail @ Apr 3 2009, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DC18 and the existing FF MKII owners, IMHO I still find the MKII version of 2005-early 2007 the best, the latest one is a bit of the cost cutting version to me smile_blackeye.gif .

I still thinks the MKI is still the best. smile_tongue.gif

DC18

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:37 PM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
QUOTE (matchip @ Apr 3 2009, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still thinks the MKI is still the best. smile_tongue.gif

i would say an exterior mk1 with mk2 interior and refinment with at least 5 spped gearbox would be best smile_tongue.gif

SpeedSnail

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:49 PM

SpeedSnail

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
QUOTE (DC18 @ Apr 3 2009, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i would say an exterior mk1 with mk2 interior and refinment with at least 5 spped gearbox would be best smile_tongue.gif

Errrrrr....... I thought this is supposed to be a Mondeo's thread? Hahahahahaha!