Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Volkswagen Issues Apology Over Dsg Issue

• Please log in to reply

alldisc

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
QUOTE (sctin @ May 31 2012, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Leave a car whole day, at least still get your car back in a day. VW just a standard service only also least half aday to one whole day and if need to replace something they will tell you to leave your car there for three days. This proven that how incompetence of VW. Also this issue already in the market for so long, they still dare to ignore and telling nonsense to ppl due to hot climate (Don't BS here, i think the summer in Australia is must hotter than here) or no error found in the computer checking, unable to replace the part. what sort of crap support given by a so called 'German' company.

For Toyota, if the SC here BS you, told you this can not be done and that can not be done. You write an email to Toyota Japan, they will reply to you nicely and give you all the solutions how to fix it in step by step. then you can bring it back to the SC to get them to work on it. VW complaint to their HQ, just a statement, we not going to look into the case, i will get your in country representative to work on it and no more follow up on that.

VGM and its dealers do not have a parts warehouse in malaysia. not yet. all the parts are stored in singapore - that is the hub for malaysia. and this is the simple one reason why most of times VW owners have to wait longer to get parts compare with say, UMW Toyota with its warehouse in Subang U5.

for toyota, NO - Toyota Motor Corp now will no more entertain customer complaints but will revert them back to their respective country.

it did happened in the past (I was working with UMWT in the late 90s), where the japanese will response directly with answers and solutions and therefore overriding the local distributors. but as too many more complaints poured in and got out of hand, they have stopped from being kind. TMC will push the case back to Toyota Malaysia or any countries to find the solution.

DC18

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:16 AM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ Jun 6 2012, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
VGM and its dealers do not have a parts warehouse in malaysia. not yet. all the parts are stored in singapore - that is the hub for malaysia. and this is the simple one reason why most of times VW owners have to wait longer to get parts compare with say, UMW Toyota with its warehouse in Subang U5.

for toyota, NO - Toyota Motor Corp now will no more entertain customer complaints but will revert them back to their respective country.

it did happened in the past (I was working with UMWT in the late 90s), where the japanese will response directly with answers and solutions and therefore overriding the local distributors. but as too many more complaints poured in and got out of hand, they have stopped from being kind. TMC will push the case back to Toyota Malaysia or any countries to find the solution.

It seems you are now at VGM smile_big.gif

kaminski

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

kaminski

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts
QUOTE (kaminski @ May 25 2012, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Volkswagen has come under severe pressure from Chinese authorities of late concerning issues with their DSG gearboxes. Yesterday, Volkswagen issued an official apology to Chinese customers and acknowledged the issues that the dual clutch transmission has been causing in its vehicles.

According to several reports in the China press, Volkswagen have now agreed to extend the warranty on it’s DSG gearbox to ten years or 160,000 Km, whichever comes first.

http://is.gd/SN72mC

An update on VW's DSG problems in China. Volkswagen now issue a recall in China for problems with DSG after unflattering documentary is shown on CCTV. Basically, VW have admitted a fault with their DSG but deny that any DSG Issues could cause a safety issue,however, the Chinese authorities beg to differ!
More here
The way to combat obnoxious ideas is with other ideas. The way to combat falsehoods is with truth.

Some bugger hijacked my Avatar!

coming72

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

coming72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
QUOTE (kaminski @ Mar 20 2013, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
An update on VW's DSG problems in China. Volkswagen now issue a recall in China for problems with DSG after unflattering documentary is shown on CCTV. Basically, VW have admitted a fault with their DSG but deny that any DSG Issues could cause a safety issue,however, the Chinese authorities beg to differ!
More here

Does the new golf Tsi MK7 still have problem with the DSG? Planning to book this car soon or should I wait until its resolved?

ring

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

ring

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts
QUOTE (coming72 @ Mar 29 2013, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does the new golf Tsi MK7 still have problem with the DSG? Planning to book this car soon or should I wait until its resolved?

Mk7 does have DSG problem! Just learnt from my partner car that his unit is waiting for Gear Box warranty claimt reply.
Ring

"IDEMITSU engine oil and YUASA Battery...A truely Japanese quality product"

kcyang

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

kcyang

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
QUOTE (ring @ Apr 24 2013, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mk7 does have DSG problem! Just learnt from my partner car that his unit is waiting for Gear Box warranty claimt reply.

Mk7 just launched recently wor.......are u referring to Mk6? If Mk7 might as well get refund why wait for gearbox smile_tongue.gif