Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Volkswagen Issues Apology Over Dsg Issue

• Please log in to reply

tiganasfx

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

tiganasfx

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
QUOTE (kaminski @ May 28 2012, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of course, you are correct, but a customer is a customer no matter where you are or from...I bet Gunner is still awaiting a reply huh.gif

True, a customer is a customer but when comparing market size, VW can probably leave Malaysia without affecting their pocket change. But they cannot leave China market without impacting their annual profits. So you can see the importance of different markets.

tiganasfx

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:52 PM

tiganasfx

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
QUOTE (magura @ May 28 2012, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Check out paul tan blog, vw issued sort of a recall... Dsg service campaign

Damn still five years warranty only?

bkhong

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

bkhong

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ May 28 2012, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ooo, so u getting a VW, bro?

Possibly, and even my mom didn't give me the expected answer "Aiyo...silly boy why buy small car for RM 160k etc..."

sctin

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

sctin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
i don't think the upgrade of the firmware will resolve all the issue, as my friend already upgraded the firmware for his polo, but the car still encountering the jerking issue when the gear shift from 2nd to 3rd and for myself i need to get my clutch pack changed for my golf tsi then only abt to resolve the jerking issue. Good luck to everyone as VW really providing bad customer service and technical support to their customers.

glenns

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:51 AM

glenns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
QUOTE (sctin @ May 29 2012, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i don't think the upgrade of the firmware will resolve all the issue, as my friend already upgraded the firmware for his polo, but the car still encountering the jerking issue when the gear shift from 2nd to 3rd and for myself i need to get my clutch pack changed for my golf tsi then only abt to resolve the jerking issue. Good luck to everyone as VW really providing bad customer service and technical support to their customers.

Bro, how long the SC take to change the clutch pack? Can it be done within a day? I'm still awaiting the SC to call when the clutch pack in stock.

sctin

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:00 AM

sctin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
QUOTE (glenns @ May 30 2012, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro, how long the SC take to change the clutch pack? Can it be done within a day? I'm still awaiting the SC to call when the clutch pack in stock.

At least 2 days, in order to get it done in. You can only dream it, if you want to get your car back in a day. You need to send you car in early morning on first day and get back your car on next day late evening. You also need to pressure them, else they will tell you wait for three days.

Also pls follow up closely with the SC, else they might forgot to get the replacement part for you.

br1

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:35 AM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (sctin @ May 30 2012, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At least 2 days, in order to get it done in. You can only dream it, if you want to get your car back in a day. You need to send you car in at 8a.m in the first day and get back your car at next day 5p.m. You also need to pressure them, else they will tell you wait for three days.

Also pls follow up closely with the SC, else they might forgot to get the replacement part for you.

??? surprised they keep calling me to do service and parts are ever ready in stock, and no need to call them to tell me this and that, it depends whom you know there!!!

sctin

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

sctin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ May 30 2012, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
??? surprised they keep calling me to do service and parts are ever ready in stock, and no need to call them to tell me this and that, it depends whom you know there!!!

anyhow it still very bad service, this already a known issue, shouldn't be VW get ready the part for the replacement ? not sure is it VW here so poor got no money to stock up the spare parts ? change a windscreen wait three weeks, change a clutch pack also got to wait for three weeks. every time they need three days to get the work done. I think we bought a car to serve us and not we serve the car.

Also VW famous with bad customer service as the link below showing an unhappy customer smashed his Lamborghini. he did complaint to the VW Asia pacific but i don't think he got the attention from VW.

http://www.dailymail...l-problems.html

glenns

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

glenns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
QUOTE (sctin @ May 30 2012, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At least 2 days, in order to get it done in. You can only dream it, if you want to get your car back in a day. You need to send you car in early morning on first day and get back your car on next day late evening. You also need to pressure them, else they will tell you wait for three days.

Noted, will call & follow up with them. Thanks for the info... smile_wink.gif

kaminski

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

kaminski

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts
QUOTE (sctin @ May 30 2012, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
change a windscreen wait three weeks, change a clutch pack also got to wait for three weeks. every time they need three days to get the work done. I think we bought a car to serve us and not we serve the car.

I can see a hundred Peugeot owners saying "a Ha, we're not the only ones!" smile_big.gif

The way to combat obnoxious ideas is with other ideas. The way to combat falsehoods is with truth.

Some bugger hijacked my Avatar!