Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

World Best Selling Car 2011

• Please log in to reply

jolokia

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (onetree710 @ Mar 8 2012, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not on Jayraptor's side but what he mentioned that Elantra is not yet launch in Thailand is correct.
Did you really open and read the link you posted? http://www.hyundai-m...ver_elantra.php

In your reply you also posted that Hyundai vehicles are sold in 193 countries through some 6,000 dealerships, but it did not mention that Elantra are sold in all those countries.

I am being neutral here so please, please do not accuse me of being pro-Korean cars as I just want to highlight that you seem to be choosing what you want to read.

I will give you greater respect if you admit you are an Korean Car Fanboy, rather trying to be a Neutral Pretender. dry.gif

1st of all when one talking about Elantra we are talking about 3rd, 4th & current 5th generation Elantra, that where the 750K figure come from, infact Hyundai is still selling all 3 generation of Elantra in various market, i shall not repeat why Hyundai still selling facelift older generation Elantra (Which i have already explained earlier), so with Hyundai 193 countries market penetration how can Jayraptor say Hyundai Elantra is half launch arround the world ? after 22 years ! Infact Elantra is available in most of the country with huge Automotive market, Can i said reason for Proton low sales is because it did not launch Saga in every country arround the world, rather than even it to be sell in every market doesn't mean it would sell well in every market.

Infact Hyundai Elantra was in Thailand market way back in the 90's

The Hyundai Elantra was facelifted in 1992 for the European market, adding Hyundai's current logo to the grille, although North American models retained the previous year's look. In 1993, the vehicle was facelifted again. The third (second in North America) and final facelift of this generation occurred in 1994 for both front and rear fascias.[citation needed]

Thailand lineup are:[citation needed]
1.5 GL (Manual only)
1.6 GL (Manual and Automatic)
1.6 GLS (Manual and Automatic)
1.8 GT (Manual and Automatic)
1.8 GTS (Manual and Automatic)

Source : wikipedia on Hyundai Elantra

So "Not a Pro Korean Car Fanboy" didn't you too choose what you want to read too.

Great Ideology Creates Great Times - Yuri Irsenovich Kim

onetree710

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

onetree710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Mar 8 2012, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will give you greater respect if you admit you are an Korean Car Fanboy, rather trying to be a Neutral Pretender. dry.gif

1st of all when one talking about Elantra we are talking about 3rd, 4th & current 5th generation Elantra, that where the 750K figure come from, infact Hyundai is still selling all 3 generation of Elantra in various market, i shall not repeat why Hyundai still selling facelift older generation Elantra (Which i have already explained earlier), so with Hyundai 193 countries market penetration how can Jayraptor say Hyundai Elantra is half launch arround the world ? after 22 years ! Infact Elantra is available in most of the country with huge Automotive market, Can i said reason for Proton low sales is because it did not launch Saga in every country arround the world, rather than even it to be sell in every market doesn't mean it would sell well in every market.

Infact Hyundai Elantra was in Thailand market way back in the 90's

The Hyundai Elantra was facelifted in 1992 for the European market, adding Hyundai's current logo to the grille, although North American models retained the previous year's look. In 1993, the vehicle was facelifted again. The third (second in North America) and final facelift of this generation occurred in 1994 for both front and rear fascias.[citation needed]

Thailand lineup are:[citation needed]
1.5 GL (Manual only)
1.6 GL (Manual and Automatic)
1.6 GLS (Manual and Automatic)
1.8 GT (Manual and Automatic)
1.8 GTS (Manual and Automatic)

Source : wikipedia on Hyundai Elantra

So "Not a Pro Korean Car Fanboy" didn't you too choose what you want to read too.

Thank you very much for the history lesson, but I thought we are talking about 2011 car sales here?
I have told you that I am not a Korean car fan so please do not behave as if you know me very well.
And let me repeat the fact here, that the Elantra was not sold in Thailand in 2011.
If you do not believe me, be my guest and ask your Thailand friends.

By the way, sorry to say this but you are beginning to sound like a certain SV.

kaylcar

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Mar 7 2012, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Strangely the 6th best selling drink "Sprite" may too cause diabetes is you drink it excessively smile_big.gif

You mean because more people buying Japanese car than Korean Car they are consider Stupid ? dry.gif

Or you mean now more people buying Korean brand LCD/LED TV & Smartphone which is more expensive than Japanese brand LCD/LED TV & Smartphone is also consider Stupid ? unsure.gif

If you buy then thing most people buy then you consider Stupid smile_question.gif?

What if one day when Korean Car become best seller in the world, would that make Korean Car buyer Stupid ? huh.gif

Please enlighten me smile_blackeye.gif

I am confused wacko.gif

yup, manufacturers of mass produced products thrive on our stupidity....our innate ability to follow like sheep! I remember the days when only stupid people bought Japanese cars becos they came "fully equipped" with an FM radio!...LOL! The Nissan, ooops sorry, DATSUN Cherry....anyone remember that tub of rattly rust?

The Toyo Corolla is without doubt the MOST BORING RELIABLE car in the world? So what does "best seller" prove? Lots of boring as well as stupid people out there?
Coke is brown, Sprite is clear, both will kill you.....what's the difference, ?
1,463,700 Scoville heat units.....can u feel the burn?

nsoohoo

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:10 AM

nsoohoo

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 515 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Mar 5 2012, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2011 World Auto Sales (How Paid Journalist “Create Illusion”)

I have been telling you that this world’s best selling models ranking published by Forbes was looking dodgy. Now that most 2011 world markets have come through, it is time for a big update and more accurate figures. Mixing up my own estimates with the hard work of Austin from Ford Inside News I can now share with you a definitive Top 35 best-selling models ranking for 2011!
And if the Toyota Corolla is confirmed as 2011 world’s best-selling car with 1,141,709 sales, a big disappointment is in store for Hyundai fans: the Elantra is far from threatening the Corolla for the pole position and is not millionaire in 2011 in spite of what Forbes told you. Even including the 3 generations of the model still in production somewhere in the world, Elantra sales amount to 745,823 units, placing the model in 6th position…
In 2nd place we find the Ford Focus with 877,640 sales, followed by the VW Golf at 864,452 units and the VW Polo with 788,789 sales. The Ford Fiesta comes in 5th position at 765,511 units, ahead of the Hyundai Elantra, Wuling Sunshine (731,689 sales and not the 900,000+ reported by Forbes), Chevrolet Cruze, Ford F-Series and VW Jetta. Suddenly it all makes sense, doesn’t it?
Notice the Iranian Saipa Pride at #13, the Suzuki Alto at #18, Honda CR-V at #19, Hyundai Accent at #20 and just under 500,000 sales, Toyota Hilux, #1 in 34 countries, at #22, Toyota Prius at #28, Kia Forte at #29, Nissan Qashqai at #32, Skoda Octavia at #33 and Dacia Logan at #36.

http://bestsellingca...us-and-vw-golf/

Top 10 Best Selling Car Model

1.) Toyota Corolla - 1,141,709 units.
2.) Ford Focus - 877,452 units.
3.) VW Golf - 864,452 units.
4.) VW Polo - 788,789 units.
5.) Ford Fiesta - 765,511 units.
6.) Hyundai Elantra - 745,511 units.
7.) Wuling Sunshine - 731,689 units.
8.) Chevrolet Cruze - 704,691 units.
9.) Ford F-Series - 698,306 units.
10.) VW Jetta - 695,159 units.

(Remember Forbes cons us that Hyundai Elantra was just 10K behind Corolla smile_big.gif That why i'll take those news Rasdan71 paste with a pinch of salt smile_tongue.gif )

I am neutral, Non of them beside Toyota Corolla is found to be popular in malaysia. One of the conclusion, show that we can only drive 3rd world class car and proton is one of them.

jayraptor

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:40 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (Nokia6280 @ Mar 8 2012, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You lazy balless one, check first before posting. Elantra already avai in nearby country but i don't want to tell your where. I guess your boss didnt put up noticed in the showroom that's why you don't know. smile_tongue.gif

Nokia6280 and jolokia,

i30 just made its debut around early this year on motorshow, what tells you already launch? Elantra fluidic design variant only available in certain countries in 2011. The Elantra numbers sold on the list included the older 07 version? If yes, it means the old Elantra already sold that many then does it mean the new one + its hatchback i30 variant that are way better than the old one could do even better this year?

A good job done, both of you from N brand Marketing Dept just promoted the Korean brands indirectly with the list. Your supervisor might call you into his room on Monday morning.

Bro Nsoohoo,

Long time never seen you around AW. Welcome back!!

onetree710

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

onetree710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
QUOTE (nsoohoo @ Mar 9 2012, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am neutral, Non of them beside Toyota Corolla is found to be popular in Malaysia. One of the conclusion, show that we can only drive 3rd world class car and proton is one of them.

There were 4,207 Ford Fiesta compared with 5,612 Toyota Corolla sold in Malaysia in 2011.
So I would not say that Toyota Corolla is the only popular Malaysia car in the top 10.
And judging by the poor sales figure of Toyota Corolla in January 2012, I would expect cars like VW Golf, VW Polo and Ford Fiesta will be more popular in 2012 than Toyota Corolla.

jolokia

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Mar 9 2012, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nokia6280 and jolokia,

A good job done, both of you from N brand Marketing Dept just promoted the Korean brands indirectly with the list. Your supervisor might call you into his room on Monday morning.

Strangely why would N brand marketing dept supervisor call me to his/her office on monday, is he/she giving me a 370Z Roadster for free smile_question.gif

If you are talking about my Supervisor, if he want to meet me, he supposed to see me in my office instead smile_big.gif

Anyway there is some error in my old posting, In 2011 Hyundai actually sold 190K of 4th generation Elantra (Named Elantra Yeudong) aka our Avante c/w Facelift & 110K of 3rd generation Beijing Elantra aka our oriental hyundai (kah bintang) era Elantra, so totally 400K out of 750K Elantra sold are from China sales.

You have to respect how well Hyundai able to dump obselete model 3rd nation car in developing country. smile_sleepy.gif
Great Ideology Creates Great Times - Yuri Irsenovich Kim

roocarroll

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:51 PM

roocarroll

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 597 posts
It's pretty amazing that Ford can sell 900,000 Focuses around the world and probably only 9 in Malaysia.

scenic

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:51 AM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
QUOTE (roocarroll @ Mar 19 2012, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's pretty amazing that Ford can sell 900,000 Focuses around the world and probably only 9 in Malaysia.

Why amazing ?
director's choice

Breadman

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

Breadman

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
The Toyota Corolla will stay number one for awhile yet.

It would be interesting to see which model will eventually dethrone it, if ever. smile_big.gif

"Behind every great fortune there is a crime." ~ Mario Puzo (The Godfather)