Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

World Best Selling Car 2011

• Please log in to reply

jolokia

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:27 AM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
2011 World Auto Sales (How Paid Journalist “Create Illusion”)

I have been telling you that this world’s best selling models ranking published by Forbes was looking dodgy. Now that most 2011 world markets have come through, it is time for a big update and more accurate figures. Mixing up my own estimates with the hard work of Austin from Ford Inside News I can now share with you a definitive Top 35 best-selling models ranking for 2011!
And if the Toyota Corolla is confirmed as 2011 world’s best-selling car with 1,141,709 sales, a big disappointment is in store for Hyundai fans: the Elantra is far from threatening the Corolla for the pole position and is not millionaire in 2011 in spite of what Forbes told you. Even including the 3 generations of the model still in production somewhere in the world, Elantra sales amount to 745,823 units, placing the model in 6th position…
In 2nd place we find the Ford Focus with 877,640 sales, followed by the VW Golf at 864,452 units and the VW Polo with 788,789 sales. The Ford Fiesta comes in 5th position at 765,511 units, ahead of the Hyundai Elantra, Wuling Sunshine (731,689 sales and not the 900,000+ reported by Forbes), Chevrolet Cruze, Ford F-Series and VW Jetta. Suddenly it all makes sense, doesn’t it?
Notice the Iranian Saipa Pride at #13, the Suzuki Alto at #18, Honda CR-V at #19, Hyundai Accent at #20 and just under 500,000 sales, Toyota Hilux, #1 in 34 countries, at #22, Toyota Prius at #28, Kia Forte at #29, Nissan Qashqai at #32, Skoda Octavia at #33 and Dacia Logan at #36.

http://bestsellingca...us-and-vw-golf/

Top 10 Best Selling Car Model

1.) Toyota Corolla - 1,141,709 units.
2.) Ford Focus - 877,452 units.
3.) VW Golf - 864,452 units.
4.) VW Polo - 788,789 units.
5.) Ford Fiesta - 765,511 units.
6.) Hyundai Elantra - 745,511 units.
7.) Wuling Sunshine - 731,689 units.
8.) Chevrolet Cruze - 704,691 units.
9.) Ford F-Series - 698,306 units.
10.) VW Jetta - 695,159 units.

(Remember Forbes cons us that Hyundai Elantra was just 10K behind Corolla smile_big.gif That why i'll take those news Rasdan71 paste with a pinch of salt smile_tongue.gif )
Great Ideology Creates Great Times - Yuri Irsenovich Kim

jolokia

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:42 AM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
A more complete list

World Best Selling Car Model 2011

1 Toyota Corolla 1,141,709
2 Ford Focus 877,640
3 VW Golf 864,452
4 VW Polo 788,789
5 Ford Fiesta 765,511
6 Hyundai Elantra 745,823
7 Wuling Sunshine 731,689
8 Chevrolet Cruze 704,691
9 Ford F-Series 698,306
10 VW Jetta 695,159
11 VW Passat 628,097
12 Toyota Camry 621,679
13 Saipa Pride (e) 618,265
14 Opel Corsa 591,505
15 Nissan Tiida/Versa 567,154
16 Toyota Yaris/Vios 555,952
17 Honda Civic 555,071
18 Suzuki Alto 542,940
19 Honda CR-V (e) 530,000
20 Hyundai Accent 499,556
21 Hyundai Sonata 497,401
22 Toyota Hilux (e) 490,000
23 Honda Accord (e) 488,000
24 VW Gol 479,134
25 Chevrolet Silverado 468,977
26 Renault Clio (e) 460,000
27 Opel Astra 457,957
28 Toyota Prius 435,000
29 Kia Cerato/Forte 410,709
30 Suzuki Swift/Dzire 389,624
31 Wuling Rongguang/Xingwang 382,762
32 Nissan Qashqai 382,564
33 Skoda Octavia 377,900
34 Chevrolet Aveo 373,888
35 Chevrolet Spark 362,377
36 Dacia Logan 350,671
37 Buick Excelle 350,582

(e): Best Selling Cars estimate

Notes:

Sales of Toyota Corolla include Corolla IX, X, Altis, Blade, Corolla hatch and Matrix, sales of Toyota Camry include Aurion as it is called Camry in most countries
Sales of VW Golf include Golf Plus, Golf IV, V and VI and does not include Jetta or Bora. Sales of VW Jetta include Jetta 2, 5, 6, Sagitar (China) and Clasico (Latin America). Sales of VW Gol include Voyage (sedan) and Parati (station wagon). Sales of VW Passat include Passat V, VI, VII, Magotan and CC, sales of Skoda Octavia include Laura (India) and Octavia I and II.
Sales of Hyundai Elantra include Elantra III, IV and V, i35 and Avante, exclude i30 and Elantra Touring. Sales of Hyundai Accent include Solaris, Verna and i25.
Sales of Buick Excelle include Excelle, Excelle GT and Verano. Sales of Opel Astra include Vauxhall Astra, Chevrolet Astra and Buick Excelle XT. Sales of Chevrolet Aveo include Sonic, Lova and Holden Barina. Sales of Chevrolet Spark include Spark I, II, Beat, Matiz and Holden Barina Spark. Sales of Opel Corsa include Vauxhall, Chevrolet Corsa, Chevrolet Classic and Chevy. Sales of Chevrolet Cruze include Holden Cruze.
Sales of Suzuki Alto include Alto 5 (India), Alto 7 and Japanese Alto
Sales of Renault Clio include Clio II and III, sales of Dacia Logan include Renault Logan

scenic

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:10 AM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
The Elantra seems to be going well globally. Other than that it is occupied by European models and Japanese as well. Bro Jolokia, how did Forbes get its figures from ? If it is misrepresentation, wouldn't it subject to legal prosecution ? Cheers.
director's choice

jolokia

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Mar 7 2012, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Elantra seems to be going well globally. Other than that it is occupied by European models and Japanese as well. Bro Jolokia, how did Forbes get its figures from ? If it is misrepresentation, wouldn't it subject to legal prosecution ? Cheers.

Elantra selling very well ? Yes & Not really,
1.) Do remember 2/3 of the Elantra Sales approx 500K are come from China, US & South Korea it self.
2.) The March Tsunami in Japan & Flood in Thailand caused huge supply shortage for Japanese car.
3.) There is a trend of declining for Hyundai Elantra Yedong in China, which is Elantra biggest market (Not sure why), New Civic sales shoot up in US.
4.) The Hyundai Elantra Yeudong in China is actually 4th Generation Elentra (aka our current Avante) c/w Facelift, not the upcoming Inokom Elantra, China account for 190K units in 2011.

Infact i am more impress with China purchasing power, Wulling Sunshine can achieve 730K just in China alone smile_shock.gif
China relation with South Korea can be.. cought ! cought ! ph34r.gif you know what i mean unsure.gif

Would you sue me if i said you are the second most handsome man just marginal less handsome than Brad Pitts, in actual fact you are only 6th most handsome man on earth ? rolleyes.gif

kaylcar

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:23 PM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Mar 7 2012, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1.) Do remember 2/3 of the Elantra Sales approx 500K are come from China, US & South Korea it self.
2.) The March Tsunami in Japan & Flood in Thailand caused huge supply shortage for Japanese car.
3.) There is a trend of declining for Hyundai Elantra Yedong in China, which is Elantra biggest market (Not sure why), New Civic sales shoot up in US.
4.) The Hyundai Elantra Yeudong in China is actually 4th Generation Elentra (aka our current Avante) c/w Facelift, not the upcoming Inokom Elantra, China account for 190K units in 2011.

Infact i am more impress with China purchasing power, Wulling Sunshine can achieve 730K just in China alone smile_shock.gif
China relation with South Korea can be.. cought ! cought ! ph34r.gif you know what i mean unsure.gif

Would you sue me if i said you are the second most handsome man just marginal less handsome than Brad Pitts, in actual fact you are only 6th most handsome man on earth ? rolleyes.gif

so what?...the world's best selling drink is Coke, doesn't mean it's any good for you, unless you wanna get diabetes! LOL. World's Best statistics just prove there are lots of stupid people around? That's why "exclusive" branded items command much higher prices, perceived value and snob appeal! Unfortunately one cannot exist without the other.
1,463,700 Scoville heat units.....can u feel the burn?

jolokia

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (kaylcar @ Mar 7 2012, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so what?...the world's best selling drink is Coke, doesn't mean it's any good for you, unless you wanna get diabetes! LOL. World's Best statistics just prove there are lots of stupid people around? That's why "exclusive" branded items command much higher prices, perceived value and snob appeal! Unfortunately one cannot exist without the other.

Strangely the 6th best selling drink "Sprite" may too cause diabetes is you drink it excessively smile_big.gif

You mean because more people buying Japanese car than Korean Car they are consider Stupid ? dry.gif

Or you mean now more people buying Korean brand LCD/LED TV & Smartphone which is more expensive than Japanese brand LCD/LED TV & Smartphone is also consider Stupid ? unsure.gif

If you buy then thing most people buy then you consider Stupid smile_question.gif?

What if one day when Korean Car become best seller in the world, would that make Korean Car buyer Stupid ? huh.gif

Please enlighten me smile_blackeye.gif

I am confused wacko.gif

jayraptor

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:58 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Mar 7 2012, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Seems more like you are coming up with your own assumption than getting from statistics. So you only browsed from 1 article and bro Rashdan browsed from another 1 article. Then how about the other articles? Do they all come up with the same statistics?

Elantra able to achieve that numbers is not enough to prove that it has just passed the turning point? Same goes to Sonata YF. If they are still like back then when Korean has yet to come up with on par tech, that is considered bad.
1) Elantra is still only half launched throughout the world
2) In EU that favours hatchback & SW, their Elantra SW and its hatchback i30 are not even properly on sale.
3) Over here, not yet launch. Not in Thailand neither and in several other countries

So what gives you the right to jump to conclusion blindly? If taken into consideration, while still on halfway launch already could get into that top10 list in such short time, isn't that over performing already?

jolokia

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Mar 7 2012, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seems more like you are coming up with your own assumption than getting from statistics. So you only browsed from 1 article and bro Rashdan browsed from another 1 article. Then how about the other articles? Do they all come up with the same statistics?

Elantra able to achieve that numbers is not enough to prove that it has just passed the turning point? Same goes to Sonata YF. If they are still like back then when Korean has yet to come up with on par tech, that is considered bad.
2) In EU that favours hatchback & SW, their Elantra SW and its hatchback i30 are not even properly on sale.
3) Over here, not yet launch. Not in Thailand neither and in several other countries

So what gives you the right to jump to conclusion blindly? If taken into consideration, while still on halfway launch already could get into that top10 list in such short time, isn't that over performing already?

How to spot "LIES"
1.) Hyundai branded vehicles are manufactured by Hyundai Motor Company, which along with Kia comprises the Hyundai Kia Automotive Group. Headquartered in Seoul,South Korea, Hyundai operates the world's largest integrated automobile manufacturing facility[3] in Ulsan, which is capable of producing 1.6 million units annually. The company employs about 75,000 persons around the world. Hyundai vehicles are sold in 193 countries through some 6,000 dealerships and showrooms worldwide. In 2010, Hyundai sold over 1.7 million vehicles worldwide. Popular models include the Sonata midsize sedan and Elantra compact. (Source : Wikipedia & Hyundai Official Website)
2.) 130 Not properly sale in Europe (i30 is the best selling Hyundai in Europe)
3.)Hyundai Elantra Not in Thailand then please see this - http://www.hyundai-m...ver_elantra.php

Now you all can judge Jayraptor credibility happy.gif

Nokia6280

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

Nokia6280

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Mar 7 2012, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You lazy balless one, check first before posting. Elantra already avai in nearby country but i don't want to tell your where. I guess your boss didnt put up noticed in the showroom that's why you don't know. smile_tongue.gif

onetree710

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

onetree710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Mar 8 2012, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How to spot "LIES"
1.) Hyundai branded vehicles are manufactured by Hyundai Motor Company, which along with Kia comprises the Hyundai Kia Automotive Group. Headquartered in Seoul,South Korea, Hyundai operates the world's largest integrated automobile manufacturing facility[3] in Ulsan, which is capable of producing 1.6 million units annually. The company employs about 75,000 persons around the world. Hyundai vehicles are sold in 193 countries through some 6,000 dealerships and showrooms worldwide. In 2010, Hyundai sold over 1.7 million vehicles worldwide. Popular models include the Sonata midsize sedan and Elantra compact. (Source : Wikipedia & Hyundai Official Website)
2.) 130 Not properly sale in Europe (i30 is the best selling Hyundai in Europe)
3.)Hyundai Elantra Not in Thailand then please see this - http://www.hyundai-m...ver_elantra.php

Now you all can judge Jayraptor credibility happy.gif

I am not on Jayraptor's side but what he mentioned that Elantra is not yet launch in Thailand is correct.
Did you really open and read the link you posted? http://www.hyundai-m...ver_elantra.php

In your reply you also posted that Hyundai vehicles are sold in 193 countries through some 6,000 dealerships, but it did not mention that Elantra are sold in all those countries.

I am being neutral here so please, please do not accuse me of being pro-Korean cars as I just want to highlight that you seem to be choosing what you want to read.