Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Autofoam Ultimateplus

• Please log in to reply

adrwoon

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

adrwoon

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Mar 8 2012, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Des should have an opening ceremony at his new place, so we can meet up...... smile_big.gif

yeah, Desmond definitely needs an opening ceremony for his new place.. it'll be good to see some of the faces behind the nicks that we still haven't met face-to-face...

hmmm wonder if there'll char siew/siew yoke at the opening ceremony..

but no more pakistani/bengali cha and buku 555 orders at the new place? sad.gif
I don't want to be a genius - I have enough problems just trying to be a man.
Albert Camus

adrwoon

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

adrwoon

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts
simoniz, do you find the noise levels different during day as opposed to during the night?
Albert Camus

vr2turbo

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (adrwoon @ Mar 9 2012, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah, Desmond definitely needs an opening ceremony for his new place.. it'll be good to see some of the faces behind the nicks that we still haven't met face-to-face...

hmmm wonder if there'll char siew/siew yoke at the opening ceremony..

but no more pakistani/bengali cha and buku 555 orders at the new place? sad.gif

See how it goes with Desmond....... smile_tongue.gif

simoniz

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

simoniz

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
QUOTE (adrwoon @ Mar 9 2012, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
simoniz, do you find the noise levels different during day as opposed to during the night?

I think the noise level is the same through out the day and night..

During the wee hours in the morning, just woke up to send my daughter to school. Radio play soft music and surrounding ambience is so quiet.. this is when I find it loud (engine and ac sound). Other than this.. no issue la.

simoniz

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:22 PM

simoniz

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
ok.. it's been around 10 days now since upgrading..

This morning was making a run to LCCT using Elite highway..

Very nice, solid, stable cruising at high speed, but not much conner to play. I believe still have room for improvement as when I hit an undulating section, I still get a re-bounce, not as much as compares before upgrade, still can feel it but the steering surprisingly did not wobble or move even slightly. smile_thumbup.gif

Wind noise I believe has been reduce since I did the 3M rubber and the A-Pillar. Tyre noise still there as nothing has been done in this department yet. Engine noise cannot hear-la because the tyre noise is louder smile_big.gif and my engine rev is not that high, cruising around 3 ~ 3.5k rpm.

On the other hand, at crawling speed, the upgrade did some improvement to my ride. There have been always a complain or comparison between the Mondeo Dual Clutch system compares to DSG (VW Dual Clutch System) that the DSG at crawling speed very smooth and Mondeo Dual Clutch not as smooth and I agree with it as I personally been using my ride especially crawling in traffic when the gear changes from 1st to 2nd and back to 1st gear and you need to throttle a bit, I always feel this jerk and a thug sound when the gear is engaging and disengaging.

I don't know how the upgrade relate to this issue but now is super smooth and bye bye thug sound smile_wink.gif . Maybe some sifu can explain as I have been goggling what's foaming the side sill got effect on the GB, I cannot find any answer. Maybe it will been even better if I foam the Centre Member (or Cross Section, I don't know what to call it)... rolleyes.gif

Bro Desmond, what do you think? I was wanted to ask you when I was there doing the side sill, but that day, so many people going in and out and you are busy with the mag people, I have forgotten to ask you.

Bro Adrwoon, did you foam the Centre member?

Well, later this evening will make another run to LCCT and this time will be using MEX and see how it performs.

EDITED.
Second run to LCCT, not able to test anything, heavy rain.. smile_sad.gif

Cheerio..

adrwoon

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:12 PM

adrwoon

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts
QUOTE (simoniz @ Mar 13 2012, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...Bro Adrwoon, did you foam the Centre member?

hi bro... nope I haven't done the centre rails yet, but that will probably be next on my list... smile_big.gif
Albert Camus

simoniz

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

simoniz

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
QUOTE (adrwoon @ Mar 13 2012, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi bro... nope I haven't done the centre rails yet, but that will probably be next on my list... smile_big.gif

aso, that's what there are called "centre rails"... let me know when you are planing to go, I might join you.

vr2turbo

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:25 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
Not waiting until he comes to Glenmarie..... smile_big.gif

simoniz

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

simoniz

Taxi Driver