Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

2012 Corolla Altis 1.8g

• Please log in to reply

azharazlin

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

azharazlin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
Hiya,

Mind to share if anyone booked 2012 altis and the expected car delivery date.?

Ive booked (white + full skirting) mine last Dec and the sales advisor told that the car is expected around Feb - March 2012.
Hope the waiting period will not be too long (dunno..this is my 1st Toyota smile_thumbup.gif ).

cheers!

reendaniel

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:07 PM

reendaniel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
QUOTE (azharazlin @ Jan 10 2012, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hiya,

Ive booked (white + full skirting) mine last Dec and the sales advisor told that the car is expected around Feb - March 2012.
Hope the waiting period will not be too long (dunno..this is my 1st Toyota smile_thumbup.gif ).

cheers!

hi you should get ur car around that months...earliest end febuary..where u book ur car?

azharazlin

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:50 AM

azharazlin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
Hi.
I booked at kg baru toyots showroom. Okay & happy with them. The only that matter to me is that im afraid that the car delivery will take longer time. Else, i hv to source from other dealers, but pity to the sales ppl.

sammyvellu

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:33 AM

sammyvellu

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts
QUOTE (azharazlin @ Jan 10 2012, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hiya,

cheers!

Great car indeed. Have sat in one 2010 version travelling from KL to Penang. I must say that I am truly impressed that this C Segment Car feels more like a D Segment in terms of space, comfort and quiteness.

Good this that Korean is not in your menu

jayraptor

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:14 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (azharazlin @ Jan 11 2012, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi.
I booked at kg baru toyots showroom. Okay & happy with them. The only that matter to me is that im afraid that the car delivery will take longer time. Else, i hv to source from other dealers, but pity to the sales ppl.

Altis is the safest buy, it will serve you well with minimum maintenance. FC wise, the Altis dual VVTi is best in class for that price range at the moment.

sammyvellu

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

sammyvellu

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Jan 27 2012, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Altis is the safest buy, it will serve you well with minimum maintenance. FC wise, the Altis dual VVTi is best in class for that price range at the moment.

And most importantly, it has great resale value compared with kimchi's

azbro

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:13 PM

azbro

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,861 posts
QUOTE (sammyvellu @ Jan 27 2012, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And most importantly, it has great resale value compared with kimchi's

I can't wait for the altis, too long and my Vios overheat issues have gone bad to worst (even though i changed the radiator), need to trade in fast....plus getting this new car as a birthday present for my wife.

I know this is a Toyota forum, so guess I sure kena bang when I post that I'm getting the Peugeot 308T instead.

Resale value?, did some homework (can easily check mudah), for a 2010 model of both cars, Pug 308T stand to lose average RM10K more than altis, 2009 model Pug stand to lose abt 5K only, so I must say, pretty fair deal since I'm getting 3years parts and service +3 warranty and lower interest rate, plus the 308T torque is Massive! What I lose during resale, I gain during the cars ownership. So for resale its pretty even...but I dunno after 7 years how it will be.

Minus point for the Pug 308T is there is a new one coming around the corner and some reliability issues (hope doesn't happen to mine)

alantieng

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

alantieng

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 810 posts
QUOTE (azbro @ Jan 29 2012, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't wait for the altis, too long and my Vios overheat issues have gone bad to worst (even though i changed the radiator), need to trade in fast....plus getting this new car as a birthday present for my wife.

I know this is a Toyota forum, so guess I sure kena bang when I post that I'm getting the Peugeot 308T instead.

Resale value?, did some homework (can easily check mudah), for a 2010 model of both cars, Pug 308T stand to lose average RM10K more than altis, 2009 model Pug stand to lose abt 5K only, so I must say, pretty fair deal since I'm getting 3years parts and service +3 warranty and lower interest rate, plus the 308T torque is Massive! What I lose during resale, I gain during the cars ownership. So for resale its pretty even...but I dunno after 7 years how it will be.

Minus point for the Pug 308T is there is a new one coming around the corner and some reliability issues (hope doesn't happen to mine)

Not to worry as Toyota Altis and your Pug308T are different sector, make it this way Altis are more to reliable and Pug308T a fun drive machine smile.gif Overall both car are nice in their own way...

My War Machine : Mercedes Benz SLK280 3.0 V6 R171

azharazlin

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:14 AM

azharazlin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
Car delivery expected 1st week of March'12. My guess that this among the early batch for 2012 altis. Next week going to JPJ to book for a car plate no. smile_thumbup.gif First time to buy a car plate no, all this while the no. will be a whatever no. one..hehe

neo79

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:29 AM

neo79

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,213 posts
QUOTE (azbro @ Jan 29 2012, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought the Altis 1.8G can outrun the Golf TSi smile_big.gif

What more a Pug 308T? smile_tongue.gif

Azbro,

The Pug is a very good car, stylish, full of gadgets and with good power to complement the ride and handling. Plus I absolutely love the panoramic sunroof... But having deal with Naza Kia before, I definitely will stay away from the brand. Not due to the car itself, but the company behind it. I dun see their commitment in handling Pug, unlike VW.