Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

2012 Corolla Altis 1.8g

• Please log in to reply

thekop555

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:24 PM

thekop555

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
QUOTE (skp @ Mar 22 2012, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thinking to upgrade from Kelisa to Altis. But worry whether can i handle the car well cause from 1.0 car to 1.8. Any idea what is the Kelisa 2003 resell value if i trade in?

Dont worry...from sentra to jaguar XF 3.0 V6 turbo also no worry n still want more. Bz NKVE also can reach 200kmh in a very quick time. That was the first and meybe the last i drove a jaguar. smile_tongue.gif

So..as for altis...no big deal bro.

kean

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:53 PM

kean

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
QUOTE (thekop555 @ May 24 2012, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dont worry...from sentra to jaguar XF 3.0 V6 turbo also no worry n still want more. Bz NKVE also can reach 200kmh in a very quick time. That was the first and meybe the last i drove a jaguar. smile_tongue.gif

So..as for altis...no big deal bro.

Will there be a new replacement model for Altis soon? Thinking of getting one but if the new model is out soon, I will wait.

alldisc

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:39 PM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Apr 19 2012, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro, I also from Cressida i6 era. smile_tongue.gif

i was in standard 3.

QUOTE (ranii @ May 24 2012, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Altis 1.8 and 2.0 now uses CVT.

Is this CVT fundamentally different from the Honda City / Jazz CVT.

If similar, I rather buy the 1.6 Altis!

CVT for any cars are basically the same, its just nowadays virtual gear ratios can be created electronically compare to the early CVTs like the one in Subaru Justy (sometime in 80s) even though CVT gearbox goes way before that.

Unlike Honda's CVT, Toyota's CVT has better reliabilties (the reason why new Honda City uses normal automatic gearbox, no more CVT like he old one)

even though it feels sluggish, but remember when in conventional auto reach 2nd gear, the CVT may already be in 70th ratio.. or even 1000th ratio (the fact that the gear ratios in a CVT is infinity)

another factor worth considering is CVT gearbox is likely lighter to normal AT, and with superior ratios to bring the best engine output to suit vehicle speed at all time, fuel consumption will be better too.

while the CVT may feel sluggish, one must try the acceleration between a 4 speed (or a 6 speeder) auto to see the actual fact that CVT is not that really slow.

example

city 1.5 vtec 2004 versus city 1.5 vtec 2011 (5sp) versus vios 2011 (4sp)