Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Do You Heel 'n Toe?

• Please log in to reply

jonlsl

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

jonlsl

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Jun 15 2012, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i Pedal to the metal... smile_big.gif

So that means you should be always doing:

1. Full throttle quick flat upshift.

hahahahaha smile_big.gif

i wonder did anyone notice I actualy wrote

1. Full throttle quick flat upshit vs. 1. Full throttle quick flat upshift. i went and corrected. hahahaha

alldisc

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
i cant heel and toe. definitely not for motorbikes where the clutch is hand operated. sterb292.gif

jonlsl

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:35 AM

jonlsl

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ Jun 15 2012, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i cant heel and toe. definitely not for motorbikes where the clutch is hand operated. sterb292.gif

But you still can do: hahahahaha

2. Brake-Blip-Downshift

3. Blip-downshift-accelleration

4. Blip-downshift-decelleration

Extra.

1. Full throttle quick flat upshift. (Best done with Dynojet Power commander and fuel cut quik shift)

2. Full throttle-closed throttle quick upshift.

3. Clutchless shift. (Best done with Dynojet Power commander and fuel cut quik shift)

5. Smooth upshift with out slipping clutch.

alldisc

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:51 AM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
QUOTE (jonlsl @ Jun 15 2012, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But you still can do: hahahahaha

2. Brake-Blip-Downshift

3. Blip-downshift-accelleration

4. Blip-downshift-decelleration

Extra.

1. Full throttle quick flat upshift. (Best done with Dynojet Power commander and fuel cut quik shift)

2. Full throttle-closed throttle quick upshift.

3. Clutchless shift. (Best done with Dynojet Power commander and fuel cut quik shift)

5. Smooth upshift with out slipping clutch.

hell yeah!.. that and some more.

jklow123

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

jklow123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
For normal daily street driving on automatic trans + FWD, i prefer to learn Left-Foot Braking.
Imo, its more applicable to today's more powerful cars, especially when you're cornering fast (but not like a maniac on public roads) where lifting the throttle momentarily at high speeds can cause the tail to step out.
Hence, LFB is also a safety technique. After 1yr of constant practice, i now brake with left feet all the time and you feel you've more control just before entering that tight corner. It became second nature....just like riding a bicycle, and teaching the brutal left feet to be as sensitive as the right feet.

vr2turbo

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:45 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,434 posts
Later on won't know how to drive manual anymore..... smile_big.gif smile_big.gif

jonlsl

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:14 PM

jonlsl

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jan 25 2014, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Later on won't know how to drive manual anymore..... smile_big.gif smile_big.gif

i HEEL & TOE all the time when I drive a manual as its 2nd nature. You also need to learn how to downshift bilp on acceleration when you need power. Contrary to normal believe heel & toe is not for spirited driving only, its for every time you drive at any speed.

You need to learn how to brake downshift blip when certain cars not ergonomic for you to heel and toe. E.g. pedal height not properly adjusted, either too high or too low.

For me I only left foot brake on auto in very selected circumstances as most of the time my driving style is to make sure I finish my braking and downshifting in a straight line b4 pointing the nose of the car at the apex, so as to not unsettle the rear of the car. Very important especially when you driving a high HP RWD car especially in the wet. But on a FWD left foot brake all you want going into to the corner and even out of the corner to act as an LSD so as not to spin up the inside wheel too much on exit.

jklow123

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:09 AM

jklow123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
QUOTE (jonlsl @ Jan 25 2014, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i HEEL & TOE all the time when I drive a manual as its 2nd nature. You also need to learn how to downshift bilp on acceleration when you need power. Contrary to normal believe heel & toe is not for spirited driving only, its for every time you drive at any speed.

You need to learn how to brake downshift blip when certain cars not ergonomic for you to heel and toe. E.g. pedal height not properly adjusted, either too high or too low.

For me I only left foot brake on auto in very selected circumstances as most of the time my driving style is to make sure I finish my braking and downshifting in a straight line b4 pointing the nose of the car at the apex, so as to not unsettle the rear of the car. Very important especially when you driving a high HP RWD car especially in the wet. But on a FWD left foot brake all you want going into to the corner and even out of the corner to act as an LSD so as not to spin up the inside wheel too much on exit.

Oh yeah...mmmm...superbly said👍