Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Cycle And Carriage Pj Horrible Service

• Please log in to reply

Ade_Lee

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:40 PM

Ade_Lee

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
Allow me to warn every existing Mercedes Benz car owner from servicing their car at Cycle And Carriage PJ (Lot19 Jalan 51A/219)

I sent my E200K (2007, 29343km, bought brand new from C&CPJ) for a fault that was displayed on the dashboard. The ESP warning light came on, and the car prompted out inoperative See Owner's Manual. I also had a problem whereby there was a knocking sound whenever I drove over a bump.

I sent the car in on Friday 28th October 2011, and was informed that the following items were found when the diagnostic machine was plugged in:

1. Steering Angle Sensor Unit
2. Front torsion bar bushing cracked.
3. Compressor vacuum hose leak

At first, the bill amounted to RM7200, but after speaking to the service manager (Bala), the amount was reduced to RM6600. The car was released to me on Monday, 31st October 2011. This wasn't so much an issue for as I drove the car for one day and all was well.

On Tuesday, 1st Nov 2011, the same ESP warning light prompted out again. The car was brought back to Cycle And Carriage PJ on Wednesday morning, and after the same diagnostic test, the brand new Steering Angle Sensor unit was found to be faulty again!

Since the unit was under warranty, it was replaced, and the car was released back to me at 4.55pm. The moment I drove the car out of the centre, I was faced with yet another problem whereby the steering was angled wrongly to the left even though the car was heading straight ahead. The car was brought back into C&C immediately and the steering was repositioned.

MY HONEST ADVICE TO ALL MERCEDES BENZ CAR OWNERS IS TO AVOID USING CYCLE AND CARRIAGE PJ AS YOUR SERVICE CENTRE. I HAVE HAD MANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS PLACE EVER SINCE I SERVICED MY CAR HERE AND THERE IS NO DOUBT THAT THE CAR IS NOT MADE TO LAST, REPAIRED WITH LOUSY COMPONENTS, AND LOUSY WORKMANSHIP. AVOID AVOID AVOID!

This is a list of other lousy incidences that I have experienced at Cycle And Carriage PJ before:

1. Warranty request to adjust headlights beam height since the car was delivered to me with wrongly adjusted beam height.
2. Warranty repair of fog lamps which had water condensation on the inside.
3. Warranty replacement of broken seat control unit.
4. Car ECU reset after servicing as the car reverted to emergency mode (ENGINE WARNING LIGHT, CAR MAX SPEED 40KMH) after car delivered back to me after a normal service!!!
5. Front camber bolts installation as camber had drifted (29000km only, yet requires camber bolts!)
6. Car drifting to the left after wheel alignment done. Had to resend back to Cycle And Carriage.

My Service Assistants were Vicky, Ben, and another gentleman who has since resigned. I bought the car from Sales Assistant Albert.

Again, do not go to Cycle And Carriage PJ. I have decided to not use their facilities any further.

Ade_Lee

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:47 PM

Ade_Lee

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
To all forumers, this is the latest response that I have received from Mercedes Benz Customer Care. For your information, NOBODY from Cycle and Carriage Bintang has even bothered to call me or clarify anything with me. Hence, this is the latest update:

==============================================================================

Dear Mr Lee

Thank you for writing to Mercedes-Benz Malaysia's Customer Care Centre. We would like to acknowledge the receipt of your email dated 3 November 2011.

We regret to learn of your experience and any inconvenience you may have endured in relation to your vehicle.

We wish to inform you that we have highlighted your concerns to the Management of Cycle & Carriage Bintang Berhad for their immediate action. Please be assured that we will investigate and follow-up this matter closely at our end.

We thank you for your understanding and patience.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Kind regards,

Amanda D Jeff
Executive, Customer Care
Mercedes-Benz Malaysia Sdn Bhd
Level 48 Menara TM
Jalan Pantai Bahru
50672 Kuala Lumpur
Tel No : 1-800-88-11-33

QUOTE (Ade_Lee @ Nov 3 2011, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Allow me to warn every existing Mercedes Benz car owner from servicing their car at Cycle And Carriage PJ (Lot19 Jalan 51A/219)

I sent my E200K (2007, 29343km, bought brand new from C&CPJ) for a fault that was displayed on the dashboard. The ESP warning light came on, and the car prompted out inoperative See Owner's Manual. I also had a problem whereby there was a knocking sound whenever I drove over a bump.

I sent the car in on Friday 28th October 2011, and was informed that the following items were found when the diagnostic machine was plugged in:

1. Steering Angle Sensor Unit
2. Front torsion bar bushing cracked.
3. Compressor vacuum hose leak

At first, the bill amounted to RM7200, but after speaking to the service manager (Bala), the amount was reduced to RM6600. The car was released to me on Monday, 31st October 2011. This wasn't so much an issue for as I drove the car for one day and all was well.

On Tuesday, 1st Nov 2011, the same ESP warning light prompted out again. The car was brought back to Cycle And Carriage PJ on Wednesday morning, and after the same diagnostic test, the brand new Steering Angle Sensor unit was found to be faulty again!

Since the unit was under warranty, it was replaced, and the car was released back to me at 4.55pm. The moment I drove the car out of the centre, I was faced with yet another problem whereby the steering was angled wrongly to the left even though the car was heading straight ahead. The car was brought back into C&C immediately and the steering was repositioned.

MY HONEST ADVICE TO ALL MERCEDES BENZ CAR OWNERS IS TO AVOID USING CYCLE AND CARRIAGE PJ AS YOUR SERVICE CENTRE. I HAVE HAD MANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS PLACE EVER SINCE I SERVICED MY CAR HERE AND THERE IS NO DOUBT THAT THE CAR IS NOT MADE TO LAST, REPAIRED WITH LOUSY COMPONENTS, AND LOUSY WORKMANSHIP. AVOID AVOID AVOID!

This is a list of other lousy incidences that I have experienced at Cycle And Carriage PJ before:

1. Warranty request to adjust headlights beam height since the car was delivered to me with wrongly adjusted beam height.
2. Warranty repair of fog lamps which had water condensation on the inside.
3. Warranty replacement of broken seat control unit.
4. Car ECU reset after servicing as the car reverted to emergency mode (ENGINE WARNING LIGHT, CAR MAX SPEED 40KMH) after car delivered back to me after a normal service!!!
5. Front camber bolts installation as camber had drifted (29000km only, yet requires camber bolts!)
6. Car drifting to the left after wheel alignment done. Had to resend back to Cycle And Carriage.

My Service Assistants were Vicky, Ben, and another gentleman who has since resigned. I bought the car from Sales Assistant Albert.

Again, do not go to Cycle And Carriage PJ. I have decided to not use their facilities any further.

Ade_Lee

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:17 PM

Ade_Lee

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
Latest Update!

8 November 2011, 730pm.

I just received a phone call from Bala, the Service Manager. Apparently, he will be offering some compensation. I will update again on what that so called compensation is.

QUOTE (Ade_Lee @ Nov 6 2011, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To all forumers, this is the latest response that I have received from Mercedes Benz Customer Care. For your information, NOBODY from Cycle and Carriage Bintang has even bothered to call me or clarify anything with me. Hence, this is the latest update:

==============================================================================

Dear Mr Lee

Thank you for writing to Mercedes-Benz Malaysia's Customer Care Centre. We would like to acknowledge the receipt of your email dated 3 November 2011.

We regret to learn of your experience and any inconvenience you may have endured in relation to your vehicle.

We wish to inform you that we have highlighted your concerns to the Management of Cycle & Carriage Bintang Berhad for their immediate action. Please be assured that we will investigate and follow-up this matter closely at our end.

We thank you for your understanding and patience.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Kind regards,

Amanda D Jeff
Executive, Customer Care
Mercedes-Benz Malaysia Sdn Bhd
Level 48 Menara TM
Jalan Pantai Bahru
50672 Kuala Lumpur
Tel No : 1-800-88-11-33

micman

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:15 AM

micman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Sad to read this situation smile_disapprove.gif

IF YOU GOT A COMPLAIN ABOUT SOMETHING, DON'T JUST DO NOTHING.

DO SOMETHING, SEND A LETTER OF COMPLAINT AND FOLLOWUP.

kenso

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:40 AM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
Elevate this further. Write to the newspapers

Stamp

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:15 PM

Stamp

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,021 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ Nov 11 2011, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Elevate this further. Write to the newspapers

better write to the principal in Germany.

kenso

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:05 PM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
QUOTE (Stamp @ Nov 11 2011, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
better write to the principal in Germany.

Very likely the principal will defer the letter back to the local subsidiary, treating it as a 1 off anomaly. A public newspaper would be more impactful ... to go further would be Consumer's Tribunal

Stamp

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:54 PM

Stamp

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,021 posts
So...Ade_Lee, any updates on your complaint about C&C PJ?

sengthee

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:10 AM

sengthee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Never had any experience with C&C, there has been no such need. Bought my car from Hap Seng and have been sending the car there since day 1 for service. No complaints, everything top notched. From the customer service to the work done on the car.

Some of the staff even remember my name as soon as I walk in. smile_thumbup.gif As good as my previous experience with Federal Auto.

Saint'ee

Money can't buy everything!

No money, can't buy ANYTHING!

Ade_Lee

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:19 PM

Ade_Lee

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
Hi all, here's the latest update:

1. I wrote to Mercedes, Germany. I wrote to Cycle & Carriage Malaysia.

The Mercedes Germany HQ forwarded my complain to C&C HQ. Reply was given by Cycle & Carriage, Malaysia HQ.

I received 1 (ONE) free service from C&C (oils, labour) complimentary. Of course, this means nothing as I don't intend on sending my car back there anymore.

Yeah, so what if C&C has the backing of the big guy, right?

Hey, Hap Seng sounds ok? Any other forumers has good response from this company?