Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Daihatsu Badges For 2011 Myvi

• Please log in to reply

TSIJetta

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:23 PM

TSIJetta

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
QUOTE (baronv @ Oct 2 2011, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
besides gives me a sense of originality or individuality. but ya know what i shouldnt have to justify my reasons to you. if you cant or dont want to help dont simply say put BMW la Ferrari la...

Bro, this is a forum where you share information accross. The same when you asked where can you get a "Die hard su" logo but when someone asked you balik why nia, you wanna tembak him saying he dont wanna help you. What BMW logo or Ferrari logo...What's wrong with you. Anyway, you just register lah, knowing that you are new & wont return, so, we can forget bout asnwering to your question.

Simple, like Bro Kilam says, if you cannot afford a Sirion, then why buy a MyVi to "replace" a Sirion? You think we are all that stupid to say that you are actually driving a "Sirion" meh? You think our mouth will drop until our knee by "admiring" you for driving a "One & Only Sirion meh? It's the other way round, ppl will simply laugh at you by driving a MyVi & assuming it's a Sirion...what a joke!!!

In short, you just shot yourself on your own foot by simple tembak ppl here...so, good luck in your "Die Hard Su" logo search. I think, ppl who works in Perodua factory also will laugh at you. sterb324.gif

baronv

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:44 PM

baronv

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
QUOTE (TSIJetta @ Oct 8 2011, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro, this is a forum where you share information accross. The same when you asked where can you get a "Die hard su" logo but when someone asked you balik why nia, you wanna tembak him saying he dont wanna help you. What BMW logo or Ferrari logo...What's wrong with you. Anyway, you just register lah, knowing that you are new & wont return, so, we can forget bout asnwering to your question.

Simple, like Bro Kilam says, if you cannot afford a Sirion, then why buy a MyVi to "replace" a Sirion? You think we are all that stupid to say that you are actually driving a "Sirion" meh? You think our mouth will drop until our knee by "admiring" you for driving a "One & Only Sirion meh? It's the other way round, ppl will simply laugh at you by driving a MyVi & assuming it's a Sirion...what a joke!!!

In short, you just shot yourself on your own foot by simple tembak ppl here...so, good luck in your "Die Hard Su" logo search. I think, ppl who works in Perodua factory also will laugh at you. sterb324.gif

My friend first Im not new. Ive been reading autoworld forum for a very long time dy.... only im always lazy to register. Now I have an unanswered question so I registered.

Second I never tembak orang. I asked a simple question about getting the daihatsu logo and people already started making fun of me telling me to fix BMW and Ferrari saying its more power etc.... you tell me wont you be insulted? Its just like going to a restauraunt and asking if they have vegetarian food and you get a reply "go eat the grass la!" you telling me you wont get annoyed?!

Anyway Myvi IS 100% Daihatsu Sirion! Dont believe? go google it yourself. In malaysia its called Perodua Myvi. Outside its called Daihatsu Sirion. Even the Sirion's built in Malaysia for export to Indonesia, Thailand etc uses the name Daihatsu SIRION not Perodua Myvi. People think Perodua is malaysian car. Its NOT a malaysian car. Designed in Japan by Daihatsu. Last time at least Kancil, Kelisa etc parts built in Malaysia. The Sirion/Myvi is very popular worldwide so Daihatsu wants to protect it completely. All myvi parts come from Daihatsu japan. (told to me by perodua chaps themselves). Perodua myvi is a CBU car sold under the name perodua to get the tax and cost benefits of a "local" car. In case you dont know Daihatsu owns 100% of Perodua and really they just use perodua to get into the malaysian market.

So what is this business about "if you cant afford to buy Sirion you want to change myvi to sirion?" Isnt it you who donno what you are talking about?

You want to laugh at me you laugh la. Im not making some weird ah beng mods. I just want to undo the rebadge. Why is it okay for people who get Naza Piccanto or 206 to put back the Kia or Peugeot logo but not for me to put back the Daihatsu logo? Why the double standards? Is it because Myvi is marketed as a "Malaysian Car" (when really it is not and daihatsu is just taking us all for a ride)???

People ask question you dont want to help dont give insulting comments instead la.... is that too much courtesy to ask??!!

baronv

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:02 PM

baronv

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
QUOTE (kllam @ Oct 7 2011, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
am i the one who say put BMW or Ferrari badge?

if u don't like rebadge car, don't buy it. end of story.

Kllam I never meant to say that you say put ferrari badge etc. I was just saying it in general. I quoted you to reply the bit about dont like perodua thats all. If you thought I was scolding you about ferrari BMW badge Im sorry for the misunderstanding.

And if you go for a certain car that they only have rebadged version what can I do about it?! Im glad br1 understands that some people just dont like rebadge. If you subscribe to the philosophy you just buy a car and take everything like or dont like that is your philosophy la. If I dont like and I want to restore the original badge whats wrong with that? To say dont like dont buy end of story is absolute nonsense. Its my car and my right to do as I please. People have a whole host of considerations when buying a car and the badge in itself is not what I call a major concern....

If say some nightmare happened and Proton made a deal with a company like Jaguar or Aston Martin to make a new car which is exactly the same (say we are dreaming and the quality of this proton is the same as the original) but uses Proton logo instead of Jaguar or whatever (just like the "Naza" Piccanto etc) would you rather have a proton logo or jaguar logo if the car is exactly the same?

I was living in the UK before returning to malaysia and I had an Opel Corsa (but rebadged as Vauxhall in the UK) I ripped off the vauxhall logo and put back the original opel logo. Would you have a problem with that?

At the end of the day is it too much to ask for the courtesy respecting other peoples wishes and not trying to deride them if you dont want to help?

vr2turbo

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:08 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (baronv @ Oct 11 2011, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My friend first Im not new. Ive been reading autoworld forum for a very long time dy.... only im always lazy to register. Now I have an unanswered question so I registered.

Second I never tembak orang. I asked a simple question about getting the daihatsu logo and people already started making fun of me telling me to fix BMW and Ferrari saying its more power etc.... you tell me wont you be insulted? Its just like going to a restauraunt and asking if they have vegetarian food and you get a reply "go eat the grass la!" you telling me you wont get annoyed?!

Anyway Myvi IS 100% Daihatsu Sirion! Dont believe? go google it yourself. In malaysia its called Perodua Myvi. Outside its called Daihatsu Sirion. Even the Sirion's built in Malaysia for export to Indonesia, Thailand etc uses the name Daihatsu SIRION not Perodua Myvi. People think Perodua is malaysian car. Its NOT a malaysian car. Designed in Japan by Daihatsu. Last time at least Kancil, Kelisa etc parts built in Malaysia. The Sirion/Myvi is very popular worldwide so Daihatsu wants to protect it completely. All myvi parts come from Daihatsu japan. (told to me by perodua chaps themselves). Perodua myvi is a CBU car sold under the name perodua to get the tax and cost benefits of a "local" car. In case you dont know Daihatsu owns 100% of Perodua and really they just use perodua to get into the malaysian market.

So what is this business about "if you cant afford to buy Sirion you want to change myvi to sirion?" Isnt it you who donno what you are talking about?

You want to laugh at me you laugh la. Im not making some weird ah beng mods. I just want to undo the rebadge. Why is it okay for people who get Naza Piccanto or 206 to put back the Kia or Peugeot logo but not for me to put back the Daihatsu logo? Why the double standards? Is it because Myvi is marketed as a "Malaysian Car" (when really it is not and daihatsu is just taking us all for a ride)???

People ask question you dont want to help dont give insulting comments instead la.... is that too much courtesy to ask??!!

Yup, P2 Myvi marketed so well, people think is Malaysian designed some more. Most if not all P & P2 cars are re-badged in one way or another. Maybe some with more local parts, that is all, but basically is the same as the re-badged car.
PUG and KIA logo easier to find but not Daihatsu, due to marketing..... smile_blackeye.gif

tpl

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:15 AM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
my proton saga oso wan to stick RR badges liao...
2012 NMT President

vr2turbo

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:10 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (tpl @ Dec 5 2011, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my proton saga oso wan to stick RR badges liao...

smile_blackeye.gif

yeong

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:20 PM

yeong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts
Can try Eneos, last I saw got quite a number. Or may be kedai abang?

tpl

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:01 AM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Dec 5 2011, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smile_blackeye.gif

toking abt rebadging diff brand of car ma...
2012 NMT President

vr2turbo

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:03 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (tpl @ Dec 6 2011, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
toking abt rebadging diff brand of car ma...

But not to RR loh...... smile_shock.gif

tpl

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:02 PM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Dec 6 2011, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But not to RR loh...... smile_shock.gif

edy rebadge ma.. might as well loh...
2012 NMT President