Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Xc90 Body Roll

• Please log in to reply

emersonsmi

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

emersonsmi

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
I think the problem with the vehicle is it has very poor center of gravity. Volvo should have adjusted the balance of the truck so it can handle with great response and easy to drive.

V406198

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

V406198

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
QUOTE (emersonsmi @ Apr 19 2012, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the problem with the vehicle is it has very poor center of gravity. Volvo should have adjusted the balance of the truck so it can handle with great response and easy to drive.

wonder which SUV in the market have the good center gravity ?? and pls dont count those mods SUV in...
2004 S60R. AT. Tit Grey. Nordkap. 18" Pegs. TME SportCat Exhaust DP & Cat Back System. TME Lower Spring. Garrett GT3071R. RC 750cc Injectors. FMIC. K&N Filter. Pegasus 3" CAI. IPD HD TCV. IPD HD Ignition Coil, IPD 25mm Front Sway Bar. UR Custom 23mm Rear Sway Bar. UR Front & Rear Strut Bars. Stainless Steel Brake Hoses. Audi TT DV, Saab 900 ATF Cooler. TkiMotorSportRacing & IPD HD Link Rod. H&R 5mm Front Wheel Spacer. Endless Sport 0-400 Front Brake Pad. ScangaugeII Diagnostic Gauge. Stages 2 Snow Performance methanol Injection.

anaskara

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:09 AM

anaskara

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
QUOTE (samsun @ Sep 14 2011, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know this is old thread. But I owned XC-90 before. It had anti-roll bars fitted. I felt it still cannot even hold as stable as X5 without any modification. This overrated suv is as bad a a Murano with anti-roll bar. Wish i road test a lot more as there was traffic jam where I tested twice.

I know this reply is old but having been a tried and true bmw fanatic. Owned 6 bmws, m3, 3 series, 5 series ect. I can attest to the handling of bmw. No argument there. However, I've been impressed with volvo. I'm on my 3rd one. Made some minor modifications to an s60 and it handles every bit as good of some of the bmws.... I've owned and the seats are much more comfortable. I bought an xc90 over x5 chiefly because of a comfort and look standpoint. (I'm sorry the first generation x5 looks like a dog, unless you get 4.4 version with bigger wheels and sportier trim. 4.4. comes with a list of headaches from maintenance point of view. 2nd generation looks alot better. ) You're right about the handling of xc90. Wanted to get an xc90 sport because I've heard handling is so much better but I bought xc90 awd. So I'm much more interested in hearing about the suspension upgrades (anti-sway bar, strut bar, ect). If I can improve the handling I'll gladly keep the xc90 over a x5.

V406198

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:09 AM

V406198

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
QUOTE (anaskara @ Mar 18 2014, 05:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know this reply is old but having been a tried and true bmw fanatic. Owned 6 bmws, m3, 3 series, 5 series ect. I can attest to the handling of bmw. No argument there. However, I've been impressed with volvo. I'm on my 3rd one. Made some minor modifications to an s60 and it handles every bit as good of some of the bmws.... I've owned and the seats are much more comfortable. I bought an xc90 over x5 chiefly because of a comfort and look standpoint. (I'm sorry the first generation x5 looks like a dog, unless you get 4.4 version with bigger wheels and sportier trim. 4.4. comes with a list of headaches from maintenance point of view. 2nd generation looks alot better. ) You're right about the handling of xc90. Wanted to get an xc90 sport because I've heard handling is so much better but I bought xc90 awd. So I'm much more interested in hearing about the suspension upgrades (anti-sway bar, strut bar, ect). If I can improve the handling I'll gladly keep the xc90 over a x5.

you can try IPD then....

http://www.ipdusa.co...categorycrumbs=
2004 S60R. AT. Tit Grey. Nordkap. 18" Pegs. TME SportCat Exhaust DP & Cat Back System. TME Lower Spring. Garrett GT3071R. RC 750cc Injectors. FMIC. K&N Filter. Pegasus 3" CAI. IPD HD TCV. IPD HD Ignition Coil, IPD 25mm Front Sway Bar. UR Custom 23mm Rear Sway Bar. UR Front & Rear Strut Bars. Stainless Steel Brake Hoses. Audi TT DV, Saab 900 ATF Cooler. TkiMotorSportRacing & IPD HD Link Rod. H&R 5mm Front Wheel Spacer. Endless Sport 0-400 Front Brake Pad. ScangaugeII Diagnostic Gauge. Stages 2 Snow Performance methanol Injection.

mengchai

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

mengchai

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Hmmm I know someone who traded her very comfortable Xc90 last year. For a driver point of view, my memory when I drove it twice was: cornering was not good and visibility was also not good.