Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Hello Captivians! Let's Tt

• Please log in to reply

seanho1

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

seanho1

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
QUOTE (wing @ Nov 1 2012, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't help it. Everyone is on FB now. But you can always post here. Thre are still a few members who lingers here.

Any idea what oil is it between 2 wheels during servicing we change every 20K

seanho1

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

seanho1

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
QUOTE (seanho1 @ Dec 3 2012, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This forum is hard to reply, sometimes userid cannot went through or no proper column to write reply. always testing

seanho1

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

seanho1

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
QUOTE (seanho1 @ Dec 3 2012, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This forum is hard to reply, sometimes userid cannot went through or no proper column to write reply. always testing

recently, I heard new or old captiva model can install gps/player between 2 ac blower location. price is 3 to 4k. hopefully the price will drop to 1K++

wing

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:18 AM

wing

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 618 posts

Transfer Case fluid and/or Differential Fluid? Both are 75W-90 synthetic hypoid oil as per the manual.
My Kembara...almost anywhere also can.

wing

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

wing

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 618 posts
QUOTE (seanho1 @ Dec 3 2012, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
recently, I heard new or old captiva model can install gps/player between 2 ac blower location. price is 3 to 4k. hopefully the price will drop to 1K++

Have you tried Caska or Flyaudio? Both are fit-in players with no cutting of wires. Steering buttons still works!

seanho1

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

seanho1

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
QUOTE (wing @ Dec 4 2012, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you tried Caska or Flyaudio? Both are fit-in players with no cutting of wires. Steering buttons still works!

Dear Bro, not yet. currently i am using Garmin portable. because i saw a lot of gps/player swap with the current player & the location is at the bottom. I prefer location between ac blower (Top) so that i can view it during driving using GPS. Also have to consider my limited resources.

I do check in the internet the other country version, their GPS/player install on top or between 2 ac blower with different board. During car servicing, haven't see any captiva install GPS and technician said GPS/player between 2 ac blower not in malaysia board.

Have you see any Caska or Flyaudio install in the Captiva ? How is look like & in which location ? Top or Bottom ?

Recently, i just change my black oil from semi-sintatic back to Delo & using Caltex Diesel. The car power coming back.

wing

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

wing

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 618 posts
A few mwmbers had it installed but was mentioning that the audio isn't as good as the ori (Clarion unit).

Mostly at the bottom. We had one member (penyubeli) in Indo that had installed it at the top where he moved the DIC to the bottom. Am also looking to do this but don't know where.

http://www.flickr.co...@N04/3360683478

wing

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

wing

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 618 posts
QUOTE (seanho1 @ Dec 4 2012, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Recently, i just change my black oil from semi-sintatic back to Delo & using Caltex Diesel. The car power coming back.

Naza had brought in GM Tech engine oil. Few members used it and had no issue. May want to check it out.

seanho1

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

seanho1

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
QUOTE (wing @ Dec 5 2012, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A few mwmbers had it installed but was mentioning that the audio isn't as good as the ori (Clarion unit).

Mostly at the bottom. We had one member (penyubeli) in Indo that had installed it at the top where he moved the DIC to the bottom. Am also looking to do this but don't know where.

http://www.flickr.co...@N04/3360683478

Dear Bro, Clarion had announced his new player which is more intelligent in malaysia recently, Can check clarion website. It need time to follow up from the Carion to give the installer. Clarion didn't return my call & i didn't follow up after few conversation through the phone.

seanho1

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

seanho1

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts