Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Racechip Tuning Box

• Please log in to reply

tazztham

Posted 22 April 2011 - 01:12 AM

tazztham

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
Hi guys,

I believe all of you are very much enjoying your VW equipped with TSI engine. It is indeed an advance engine with high performance and efficiency. If anyone of you would like to increase its performance, you could give RaceChip a try. Because it is using Direct Fuel Injection technology, it allows us to tune with just a plug & drive tuning box, which never happen for normal gasoline engines.

It is a safe method especially for tuning a new car under warranty because it is non-traceable and easily reversible.

Pls check out the following website for more details and you are welcome to try it out.

RaceChip Pro

Cheers.

tazztham

whitestorm

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:23 PM

whitestorm

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Hi bro,

How does it work exactly? Would be good if you can share the details on how it tunes the power up.

Thanks!

tazztham

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:46 PM

tazztham

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
QUOTE (whitestorm @ Apr 23 2011, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi bro,

How does it work exactly? Would be good if you can share the details on how it tunes the power up.

Thanks!

hi whitestorm.

thks for your interest. well, your 1.4 TSI has 2-stage of boost, supercharger low range and turbocharger high range. The RaceChip has 2 sockets that intercept with MAP sensors. by tweaking the MAP sensors signal, it will also changes the rest like fuel feeding and timing to some extend. it is all about air fuel ratio and boost level.

you can consider this as an external 'piggy back' that alter sensor signals instead of doing it within ECU.

if you keen to see and test the product, you are welcome. just pm me or email me info@torque-tuning.com for arrangement. thks.

tazztham

whitestorm

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:25 PM

whitestorm

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts
QUOTE (tazztham @ Apr 23 2011, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi whitestorm.

thks for your interest. well, your 1.4 TSI has 2-stage of boost, supercharger low range and turbocharger high range. The RaceChip has 2 sockets that intercept with MAP sensors. by tweaking the MAP sensors signal, it will also changes the rest like fuel feeding and timing to some extend. it is all about air fuel ratio and boost level.

you can consider this as an external 'piggy back' that alter sensor signals instead of doing it within ECU.

if you keen to see and test the product, you are welcome. just pm me or email me info@torque-tuning.com for arrangement. thks.

Bro,

Thks for the quick reply. I'm driving a GTI & already running on REVO map.
I enquired as I think it'l lbe good for those who wants to mod their car but afraid of warranty issues.
Does this also work for the GTI? And have you tested it with VAGCOM that it'll never detect the alterations?
From what I know, VAGCOM is able to pull the logs out and see the alterations made. Correct me if I was mis-informed.

Thanks!

tazztham

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:47 PM

tazztham

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
QUOTE (whitestorm @ Apr 23 2011, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro,

Thks for the quick reply. I'm driving a GTI & already running on REVO map.
I enquired as I think it'l lbe good for those who wants to mod their car but afraid of warranty issues.
Does this also work for the GTI? And have you tested it with VAGCOM that it'll never detect the alterations?
From what I know, VAGCOM is able to pull the logs out and see the alterations made. Correct me if I was mis-informed.

Thanks!

hi whitestorm,

I do have the proper tuning box for 2.0 TSI 200hp. However, i would say it is simpler than 1.4 TSI because it only has one MAP sensor. According to the website, it is not detectable for such tuning box and actually it is one of the most important factor for buyer. For FAQ pls click here

RaceChip FAQ

As you are aware, most remap will leave a 'trace' in the ECU and VAGCOM can track how many times it has been flashed even you back to ori map. That is how VW reject a claim. A few Golf owner have the issue when sending in for DSG claim.

Cheers.

tazztham

whitestorm

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:06 PM

whitestorm

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Thank you sir for the link!

Yep, I'm aware of the warranty issues once mapped and how VW can traced it. Shared it with the guys on the other thread cos during my quest for power, some tuners tried to pull a fast one on me saying that VW can't trace it.

Cheers mate!

tiganasfx

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:49 AM

tiganasfx

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
QUOTE (tazztham @ Apr 23 2011, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi whitestorm,

I do have the proper tuning box for 2.0 TSI 200hp. However, i would say it is simpler than 1.4 TSI because it only has one MAP sensor. According to the website, it is not detectable for such tuning box and actually it is one of the most important factor for buyer. For FAQ pls click here

RaceChip FAQ

As you are aware, most remap will leave a 'trace' in the ECU and VAGCOM can track how many times it has been flashed even you back to ori map. That is how VW reject a claim. A few Golf owner have the issue when sending in for DSG claim.

Cheers.

Hi Just some quaetions,

Will the Racechip box over-fuel the engine and resulting in more smoke generated? Can it be fine tuned to correct the excessive smoke? Will it affect the on board computer or the ESP because of incorrect torque value etc?

If using RON95 petrol will it have any effect on the RaceChip box?

Where is your shop located and how to see and test the product?

Thanks.

tazztham

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:25 AM

tazztham

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
QUOTE (tiganasfx @ Apr 24 2011, 02:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Just some quaetions,

Will the Racechip box over-fuel the engine and resulting in more smoke generated? Can it be fine tuned to correct the excessive smoke? Will it affect the on board computer or the ESP because of incorrect torque value etc?

If using RON95 petrol will it have any effect on the RaceChip box?

Where is your shop located and how to see and test the product?

Thanks.

hi tiganasfx,

technically speaking, it will not overfuel your TSI. reason is all today petrol engine is very smart and have closed-loop control with 2 oxygen sensors. one before cat and one after cat. it is to monitor the air fuel ratio that based on pedal input, rpm, engine load etc. the air fuel ratio can change from 11-16 depends on engines.

if you click on my website, there are a pic showing 2 rotary switch that can fine tune based on your need. petrol car hardly see smoke unless it is really track tuned and even flame can comes out.

here is the link again RaceChip Pro

pls feel feel to email me at info@torque-tuning.com for arrangement. my area is in Shah Alam but can meet some where since the tuning box is just plug & dive. easy fix.

cheers.

tazztham

whitestorm

Posted 24 April 2011 - 12:09 PM

whitestorm

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Bro tazztham,

Saw in your website that you carry the LED Lenser. Is that the only model you bring in?

tazztham

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:18 PM

tazztham

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
hi whitestorm,

oh, u know LED Lenser yeah. good stuffs. i have P5 in stock but basically have the full range by order. i am an authorized reseller for that. pls let me know which model u are looking for and i will pm u.

thks.

tazztham