Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

5008 Owners List

• Please log in to reply

wtphung

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:53 AM

wtphung

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
QUOTE (wtphung @ Apr 7 2011, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm the one with the blue 5008 in TTDI. My wife owns the car, registered on 23rd. Feb. My wife saw the lights flashing on your car but too late to respond except wave.
The reason i'm in this forum is a rather sad one. Yesterday the car suddenly stopped in the middle of NPE in Subang Jaya. It just stopped and cannot be restarted. Called Nasim hotline. Response was quite good but the tow truck took more than an hour to reach the car. The car was in the middle of NPE and they took more than an hour to come. They did not send a mobile unit eventhough the car was just 10 minutes from Nasim Glenmarie.
The car was towed to Nasim Glenmarie just before 5pm. I was told to come back the next day as they were closing and i did not have the service booklet with me. Went back the next day to register but was told that they will attend to cars booked for service first. Absolutely terrible service.
Still waiting for the outcome of what went wrong.
I hope they can find out what went wrong as it was a very dangerous situation. Shuddder to even think about it.
So disappointing as we were really happy and excited with the car.

leotua

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:50 PM

leotua

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
I'm the one with the blue 5008 in TTDI. My wife owns the car, registered on 23rd. Feb. My wife saw the lights flashing on your car but too late to respond except wave.
The reason i'm in this forum is a rather sad one. Yesterday the car suddenly stopped in the middle of NPE in Subang Jaya. It just stopped and cannot be restarted. Called Nasim hotline. Response was quite good but the tow truck took more than an hour to reach the car. The car was in the middle of NPE and they took more than an hour to come. They did not send a mobile unit eventhough the car was just 10 minutes from Nasim Glenmarie.
The car was towed to Nasim Glenmarie just before 5pm. I was told to come back the next day as they were closing and i did not have the service booklet with me. Went back the next day to register but was told that they will attend to cars booked for service first. Absolutely terrible service.
I hope they can find out what went wrong as it was a very dangerous situation. Shuddder to even think about it.
So disappointing as we were really happy and exited with the car.

Sorry to hear that mate...So they haven't diagnosed what's the problem just because no service booklet? Shit...the car is already is the system what... smile_disapprove.gif Hope everything solved and let us know the update...May be other seniors here in Pug forum can help u in complaining to Nasim HQ.

DonAkmar

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:45 PM

DonAkmar

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
So disappointing as we were really happy and exited with the car.

Ohh no!!! Im really really sorry to hear about that bro. That is a terrible situation to be in. How can that happen? I have heard few peugeot cars suddenly stalled. I hope everything is gonna be ok. Cross our fingers this wont happen to any of us. NASIM definitely got some expalining to do and compensate you . This is bad

wtphung

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:02 PM

wtphung

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
QUOTE (DonAkmar @ Apr 7 2011, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh no!!! Im really really sorry to hear about that bro. That is a terrible situation to be in. How can that happen? I have heard few peugeot cars suddenly stalled. I hope everything is gonna be ok. Cross our fingers this wont happen to any of us. NASIM definitely got some expalining to do and compensate you . This is bad

Nasim has not even touched the car as of 2pm. No need compensation, just need some answer. The car just stoped on the road. No time to even drive it aside. Really dangerous! Definately hope that it doesn't happen to anyone else. Imagine if it is in the middle of the north-south highway fastlane!
Yeah, i would like to know how to get in touch with the Nasim top guns on this. The terrible service is rubbing salt into the wound. smile_disapprove.gif

wtphung

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:10 PM

wtphung

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
QUOTE (DonAkmar @ Apr 6 2011, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear All 5008 Owners,

Let's start the list and keep it rollin' !!!

1. pug5008 - Babylon Red (registered: 21 Feb '11)
2. leotua - Shark Grey (registered: 28 Feb '11)
3. redscouse - Shark Grey (registered 28 March' 11
4. donakmar - Shark Grey (registered 24 March 11)
5. wtphung - Philae Blue (registered 23rd Feb '11)

pug5008

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:56 PM

pug5008

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
QUOTE (wtphung @ Apr 7 2011, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nasim has not even touched the car as of 2pm. No need compensation, just need some answer. The car just stoped on the road. No time to even drive it aside. Really dangerous! Definately hope that it doesn't happen to anyone else. Imagine if it is in the middle of the north-south highway fastlane!
Yeah, i would like to know how to get in touch with the Nasim top guns on this. The terrible service is rubbing salt into the wound. smile_disapprove.gif

Bro Wtphung,

Sad 2 hear bout yr incident, have read some where in this forum same thing happen 2 308. Thought peugeot shud hv solve this probelm!
Can u pls eleborate how the car died.

Did the engine just cut off ?
How bout the instrument light is it still on?
Any indicator/sign before this incident?
Any possibilty the battery when dead or malfunction?

Hope u can enlighten us 2 prepare ourself as think we are all from the same batch. Btw what is yr current milage?
"ENJOYED BY FAMILIES. LOVED BY DRIVERS"

wtphung

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:53 AM

wtphung

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
QUOTE (pug5008 @ Apr 7 2011, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro Wtphung,

Sad 2 hear bout yr incident, have read some where in this forum same thing happen 2 308. Thought peugeot shud hv solve this probelm!
Can u pls eleborate how the car died.

Did the engine just cut off ?
How bout the instrument light is it still on?
Any indicator/sign before this incident?
Any possibilty the battery when dead or malfunction?

Hope u can enlighten us 2 prepare ourself as think we are all from the same batch. Btw what is yr current milage?

Guys(gals),

My wife was driving the car when it happened. She was too panicky to remember everything. She was driving back from sunway pyramid and was approaching the fork to turn to glenmarie/fed highway.

From her description, warning messages appeared suddenly for three times in a matter of seconds and the car simply cut off totally. Instruments warning lights came on as usual during switch off or on. Not likely caused by the battery as it should not cut off a running engine. No crank at all when trying to restart. Looks like an electronic problem but let Nasim check it out. I initially thought it could be something related to the immobiliser.

A point to remember. Put the key in, turn it to on position and press on the brake even with no power. Only with this you can then operate the electronic handbrake and gear selector so that the car can be pushed. The situation was too scary for my wife to do all this. Pity her, cars was zooming by from a down slope and she was like a sitting duck in the middle of the road.

The car mileage is less than 1500km. Nasim continues to disappoint. Went back at 6pm yesterday and the car remain untouched. The service advisor claim that they have started diagnosis. Will go during lunch to check again. I think they should give priority to a car of this mileage.

redscouse

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:30 PM

redscouse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
QUOTE (wtphung @ Apr 8 2011, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys(gals),

My wife was driving the car when it happened. She was too panicky to remember everything. She was driving back from sunway pyramid and was approaching the fork to turn to glenmarie/fed highway.

From her description, warning messages appeared suddenly for three times in a matter of seconds and the car simply cut off totally. Instruments warning lights came on as usual during switch off or on. Not likely caused by the battery as it should not cut off a running engine. No crank at all when trying to restart. Looks like an electronic problem but let Nasim check it out. I initially thought it could be something related to the immobiliser.

A point to remember. Put the key in, turn it to on position and press on the brake even with no power. Only with this you can then operate the electronic handbrake and gear selector so that the car can be pushed. The situation was too scary for my wife to do all this. Pity her, cars was zooming by from a down slope and she was like a sitting duck in the middle of the road.

The car mileage is less than 1500km. Nasim continues to disappoint. Went back at 6pm yesterday and the car remain untouched. The service advisor claim that they have started diagnosis. Will go during lunch to check again. I think they should give priority to a car of this mileage.

So sorry to hear about your car bro. Nasim definitely has to improve it's customer service. I've heard alot of compalints from owenrs about the Glenmarie service centre. That's bad news since it is the main peugeot service centre. mad.gif

Hopefully they'll have some updates for you. We are all interested to know what happened as like pug5008 said, our cars are all from the same batch.

All the best!

leotua

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:06 PM

leotua

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
QUOTE (wtphung @ Apr 8 2011, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys(gals),

That's really scary my friend. Thank god there's no accident happened due to the car's faulty. This is a serious case and should be entertained immediately regardless with or without service booklet. The car is surely from Nasim so why bother small things such as service booklet?? smile_angry.gif People's life are at stake. At least immediate diagnose will let the owner knows what went wrong and other owners will be alerted as well.

This is just another bad after sales service by Nasim. If they have logistic problems such as limited service bays or service centre...then should invest more on the after sales centre as Pug's units in operation are growing. Nasim's sales are aggressive indeed..many promotions here n there..but after sales should not be neglected at all cause. If such things continues...Peugeot will end up same like Kia...when good turns bad...it will takes years to came back to regain people's confidence on the brand... smile_disapprove.gif IMO.

wtphung

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:37 PM

wtphung

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
They are finally working on the car. Say it is due to a faulty fuse box but it is preliminary. Will check back when it is done.