Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

List Of Modifications On Your Sonata Yf

• Please log in to reply

adrwoon

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:17 PM

adrwoon

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts
QUOTE (blcw1208 @ Mar 21 2011, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Andy,

Appreciated your enthusiasm for making our sonata looks more pretty. I also just purchased the DRL.

1) the fusebox in your diagram is the box under the steering??
2) Tap a wire from the (cigarette lighter) ground point and connect to the both red wire of the harness?

Thanks for your help

hi blcw1208.. 1) the fusebox is the one in the engine bay..
2) tap a wire from one of the fuses in the fuse box to the red wire only connected to the small harness that I drew.. i'll check on whether the ground is really necessary as the harness is connected to the parking/high beam connectors which should be grounded...

btw, it's Adrian smile_big.gif
I don't want to be a genius - I have enough problems just trying to be a man.
Albert Camus

blcw1208

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:56 PM

blcw1208

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
QUOTE (adrwoon @ Mar 21 2011, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi blcw1208.. 1) the fusebox is the one in the engine bay..
2) tap a wire from one of the fuses in the fuse box to the red wire only connected to the small harness that I drew.. i'll check on whether the ground is really necessary as the harness is connected to the parking/high beam connectors which should be grounded...

btw, it's Adrian smile_big.gif

smile_blush.gif My apology, Adrian. Btw, I'm Brandon.

2) So, u tap the power the fusebox. Thus, the DRL is protected by the cigarette light fuse?
My DRL dont have the small relay as I requested SR to remove the signal turn function. Is it ok?

TQ

adrwoon

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:13 PM

adrwoon

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts
QUOTE (blcw1208 @ Mar 21 2011, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smile_blush.gif My apology, Adrian. Btw, I'm Brandon.

2) So, u tap the power the fusebox. Thus, the DRL is protected by the cigarette light fuse?
My DRL dont have the small relay as I requested SR to remove the signal turn function. Is it ok?

TQ

hi Brandon... if the small relay is removed, then the DRLs don't have to run off harness that Shark Racing provided.. If you want the DRLs to be on on ACC, then you just need to pull wiring from the fusebox direct to the DRLs.. any competent accessories shop would be able to lay the wiring for you in that case...
Albert Camus

MOUSEY

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:54 PM

MOUSEY

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
I'm tempted to get me one of these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item4154855353

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sQ5fAccessories

I'm just wondering if it's always the case we need to import in or are there any local dealers who actually supply it ?
Some drivers drive crazily or drives you crazy

scann69

Posted 01 April 2011 - 12:16 AM

scann69

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Anybody interested to go to Puchong tomorrow (Friday) to check out some accessories for the Sonata? I've heard of you guys talking about this shop in Puchong but till now have no idea where is the shop. Am hoping somebody would give me the address so i can use my GPS smile.gif Not sure if i'm getting anything yet but would be great to meet up with some other Sonata owners to see what i can add to my ride smile.gif

Anybody?? Maybe a small Teh Tarik session smile_thumbup.gif

Say around 2pm?

ktf

Posted 01 April 2011 - 12:49 AM

ktf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
QUOTE (scann69 @ Apr 1 2011, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anybody interested to go to Puchong tomorrow to check out some accessories for the Sonata? I've heard of you guys talking about this shop in Puchong but till now have no idea where is the shop. Am hoping somebody would give me the address so i can use my GPS smile.gif Not sure if i'm getting anything yet but would be great to meet up with some other Sonata owners to see what i can add to my ride smile.gif

Anybody?? Maybe a small Teh Tarik session smile_thumbup.gif

Say around 2pm?

hi,....do u mean friday or saturday????if saturday..i'm fine...can provide shop address......

scann69

Posted 01 April 2011 - 12:57 AM

scann69

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
QUOTE (ktf @ Apr 1 2011, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi,....do u mean friday or saturday????if saturday..i'm fine...can provide shop address......

My bad...Friday 2pm smile_approve.gif

adrwoon

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:48 AM

adrwoon

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts
QUOTE (MOUSEY @ Mar 22 2011, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm tempted to get me one of these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item4154855353

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sQ5fAccessories

I'm just wondering if it's always the case we need to import in or are there any local dealers who actually supply it ?

for now, it's a bit hard to source for locally manufactured bits and pieces.. apart from the two body kit retailers/manufacturers listed somewhere in this forum, accessories for the time being will have to be sourced overseas...

but i'm sure, there'll come a time when it'll be manufactured here at home
Albert Camus

adrwoon

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:38 AM

adrwoon

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts
QUOTE (scann69 @ Apr 1 2011, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My bad...Friday 2pm smile_approve.gif

unfortunately, i can't make it @ 2pm.. but, i will be heading there later in the evening - say around 6:30pm...
Albert Camus

scann69

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:41 AM

scann69

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
QUOTE (adrwoon @ Apr 1 2011, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
unfortunately, i can't make it @ 2pm.. but, i will be heading there later in the evening - say around 6:30pm...

Ahhh....6.30pm kinda late for me. Nevermind then....another time smile.gif